1.    #1  
    In this thread - http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...up-german.html, mgmft provided a German version of a James Harris' patches to do reverse lookup of phone numbers. I have modified those to use reverseaustralia.com to localise them for Australian use. I have not tested the webOS 1.4.5.2 version. So if somebody can try it out an let me know the result I would appreciate it.

The patch provides an addition to the drop-down which is accessible by tapping the contact picture in the call log entry for an unknown number. If you are logged into facebook, more details than just the name may be obtained.

Download and rename one of the attached patch files by removing the .txt from the end. You can then install it with WOSQI or Preware etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 06/08/2011 at 09:25 PM.
    Hi John, we're glad to see our service being used. I'd like to point out, that if you are able to perform a post request to search.php on our service, you will have the added benefit of localization and number correction. For example, we strip out +61, we add state codes when they aren't present (based on IP), and correct any number of 0's that find their way onto the URL unintentionally.

If you would like to take it further, we also have an API over here for automated searches (also free) Reverse Australia Developer Tools
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Australia View Post
    Hi John, we're glad to see our service being used. I'd like to point out, that if you are able to perform a post request to search.php on our service, you will have the added benefit of localization and number correction. For example, we strip out +61, we add state codes when they aren't present (based on IP), and correct any number of 0's that find their way onto the URL unintentionally.

If you would like to take it further, we also have an API over here for automated searches (also free) Reverse Australia Developer Tools
    Thanks for that. I will have a look at the linked info. (the current patch just opens the browser with the URL)
    Last edited by johncc; 06/07/2011 at 05:49 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I have investigated the Developer Tools suggested a couple of posts back, and using the API and the in-application code by P|C user avnera mentioned in this post (thanks Avner ) - http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2982341, I have produced an in-application version for Australian users of webOS 2. (Sorry. Haven't got a 1.4.5 file at the moment)

The only complication is that the reverseaustralia.com API requires the use of a personal key issued by them and restricts you to 20 accesses per day. You can readily obtain a key from here...

Reverse Australia Developer Tools

Once you have obtained the 32 character key, you will need to replace the string YourOwnAPIKey in the attached patch file with it, and then rename the patch file by removing the .txt from the end. You can then install it with WOSQI or Preware etc. (Due to the customisation required, this one won't be able to be distributed through Preware. EDIT - See below re. Tweaks for webOS 2 users)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 06/08/2011 at 09:30 PM.
    We could use Tweaks to enter the personalised key.

-- Rod
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We could use Tweaks to enter the personalised key.

-- Rod
    Yes. There has been discussion of using Tweaks to produce a single international version. One item for the local URL and a second for the required parameter string. I might have to acquaint myself with Tweaks.
  7.    #7  
    Has anybody installed the 1.4.5 patch in the OP. If somebody can report that it works, I will upload it to Preware.

For 2.1 users. I should have a tweakable in-app version ready soon.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/16/2011 at 09:36 PM.
    I installed it on 1.4.5 and it works
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    I installed it on 1.4.5 and it works

Thanks. I'll upload the 1.4.5 one to Preware.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/13/2011 at 12:03 AM.
  10.    #10  
    The 1.4.5 patch has been approved and should be available for installation using Preware/WOSQI by now. This patch invokes the browser for the look-up.

Re 2.1 version. Still waiting to resolve some Tweaks input issues. Once sorted, that version will be universal and in-app for webOS 2.1 users (as in the image above). In the meantime, you can customise the patch quoted above for your own country's service provider's requirements.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/16/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    I can see the 1.4.5 patch in Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes. There has been discussion of using Tweaks to produce a single international version. One item for the local URL and a second for the required parameter string. I might have to acquaint myself with Tweaks.
    are there any efforts to update this to a international single tweaked patch version for usage in 2.2.4 enyo phone app?

since 2.2.4 neither the whitepages original nor any country specific webpage based patches are available.
    A single one that just takes url and parameters off tweaks and runs with the enyo phone app would be great, but is far off my coding horizon. But i'm willing to test.