Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Palm disabled landscape for exhibition mode, I don't know why but I guess they had their reasons.

@greg: it's difficult, it's for sure nothing usual, maybe Palm wouldn't call it a bug.
    Hi, just removed the patch and reinstalled v 2.1.0-101 through preware from the WebOS patches feed.

Just Type search seems to have ceased to function. It never returns any results.

I also noticed that searching for an umlaut like "ö" gives "%C3%B6" as search parameter.
    I don't know if it is a good idea but maybe searching for "muller" could yield the same results as searching for "müller". It would just be easier to type in.

The search already seems to be case insensitive, which i like.

Just letting you know, so maybe you can look into this next time you get a chance to work on the code.

Best regards, uwer
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Hmm, I get an error citing - "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED - saving rejects to .../resources/de/appinfo.json.rej (german webos 2.1.0) ... seems the patch conflicts with something?

Solved: Of course it conflicts with "Show Agenda from Exhibition" - stupid me. Thx MetaView, great patch!

Regards,
    DocZet
    Last edited by DocZet; 06/02/2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Problem solved
  4.    #64  
    conflicts with the old agendaview as app patch?
    Just to let you know, search works again after a reboot. Not sure what went wrong earlier.

Regards, uwer
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    I have a google calender with sunrise/sunset and a calender with moonphases subscribed which I would not like to see in the agenda view. Is there any way to do this right now?
  7.    #67  
    No, there is no way to filter anything right now.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Thank you for the information, I helped myself with buying moon info pro and stoped using the google sunrise calendar.
    Hi and thanks for developing Agenda for webos 2.x! I just installed for the first time Agenda on my Pre Plus with webos 2.1, and here are a few suggestions:

1) Bug (or feature?). I am using a few google calendars (in a single google account) and noticed that in agenda, the all-day events are shown as "earliest". So instead of
    the agenda displays
    where 4 and 5 are all-day events. This makes the agenda complicated and inconsistent...

2) Currently, agenda uses space quite inefficiently and has a complicated layout (compared to other agendas -- PalmOS, google). I would suggest smaller font... one line of text would fit the date, time (either hour or "all day" words), and name of an event. Since each user is different, maybe add font size to preferences? Also, one horizontal line to separate days would make the agenda clearer.

3) Regarding filtering mentioned by konus, maybe it would be easier to just honor the "On/Off" setting in "Calendar View Options", and do not take into account calendars that are "Off"?

Cheers,

Maciej
    Last edited by macko; 06/18/2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: minor fixes
    Hi, I love the app, to enhance could you consider.....
    1. Bring up the Calendar App when selecting Today's date from the Agenda.
    2. Bring up the relevant appointment when selected.
    3. As previously mentioned, don't have future all day events listed first.

Other than that, I'm loving it.
    Pitxitxita likes this.
    Thanks Henk for this first step to replace the old Agenda-App.

Apart other already mentioned featurerequests i also have two:
    1. Would be nice if Umlaute over just type did work
    2. Just Type search in the app (contrary to launch and search) like Preware or Web-Bookmarks and displaying directly without app opening would be very sleek - but this should have been brought by Palm itself
    Calendar Search seems finally be integrated into webOS 3.x, hopefully this will be backported to webOS 2.2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...36#post3009936
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    any news on the progress with this patch? a setting (or alternative patches) for different number of days shown and the placing of all day events at the correct date would be great...
    After finally jumping from 1.4.5. (Pre 1) to 2.1 (Pre 2) on the old profile i have some problems with this patch (V. 2.1.0-101).

My just type search doesn't seem to work anymore -> just displays the search term in Agenda and not presenting results.

In App View it displays all the full days events first and it keeps changing the view while sitting on the touchstone permanently (sounds weird but it's NOT the phantom touch bug).

I have to say my google calendar is kind of crouded with several calendars and appointments and i have ECHO installed syncing to the old PalmDesktop-Calendar 6.2 profile, besides the usual WebOS Palm Profile calendar.

It seems in agenda view that the days are permanently changing but the events in the days are sometimes the wrong ones. After the fullday events list (smaller headings) the timed events (bigger headings) apear in correct order.

If you need screenshots or video i will pm.

I have Advanced System Menu Today Menu installed and everything apear correct there, and also Ubercalendar shows everything ok. I tried deinstall/reinstall in various orders, but nothing helped.

Deinstalling the patch shows my one day view correctly.

Oh and i have google sync behaviour patch installed prior to adding the google account.

btw. when having a freshly installed 2.1 test-profile, the search and view worked (but limited to 3 to 5 appointments all together in the PalmProfile only..
    I too am having problems searching with the Just Type function on my Pre2. Most of the time, the search doesn't bring any results, and when it does they are often sorted by time of day, not date.

Please keep up the good work developping this app - it is extremely useful to be able to search through my hundreds of calendar entries!!!!!!

Thanks metaview,

Pre2go
    I'm also having issue with it selecting multiple calendars and being cluttered - in my case they are Exchange calendars that are not visible to the Calendar app - Otherwise this is great. I loved the Agenda on1.45 and am glad to find something similar for 2.1
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is this patch still in development? I'm sure the OP has his hands full with UberCal though...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Do you plan to provide this patch for webOS 2.2?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    This patch doesn't install on a VZW Pre 2, even if it's the only patch installed...

Log:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 17196 100 17196 0 0 33042 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 42669
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    |index df6477c..b8124d5 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    |index 091d1ce..058fe74 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 17196 100 17196 0 0 30936 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 42147
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app.postinst 2>&1
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/de/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/ca/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/en/gb/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/es/es/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/fr/ca/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/resources/it/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-agendaview-as-app.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Bump, can anyone fix this?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!