Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for the patch, but could you please remove the ad on the bottom?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Thank you very much for the patch, but could you please remove the ad on the bottom?
    To be honest, I don't want to remove it. When sales raise again (hopefully when new devices hit the market), I will remove it. I think the ad fits the app style and doesn't even eats any space which wasn't used before. Additionally, it only shows up when not launched in exhibition mode.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    +1 on the Ad removal, I'd have no problem donating some cash to get rid of it.
    How about EUR 100,-? Would that be enough to compensate for any additional sales effect?

Regards, uwer
    Plus I think you really deserve it, ofc. ;-)

I missed this feature and the calendar search so much from the olden days on PalmOS.

Regards, uwer
  5.    #45  
    Hm, if everyone doesn't like it that much... And I fear Rod will not accept the patch like this, at least he already asked me what the web-call does inside.

100€ would be much more than I ever would expect from such a small ad on this screen

BTW: Does the search works for you? I don't have that much things to search for in my calendar.
    The ad doesn't really bother me (especially since no screen estate is lost) and as soon as the app catalog opens up to my country, your apps will be among the first I'm going to buy :-)
    Donation made, slightly overshot but what the hey...

Search seems to work fine.

Love your stuff, keep up the good work.

Regards, uwer
  8.    #48  
    @uwer: Thank you very much for your kind donation. I post an updated patch this evening, the ad will then be removed
  9.    #49  
    ad-free version is on first post
    That was quick, thanks a lot!
    General question: Should I remove the old patch and reinstall the new one (I'm using Internalz to install on device and Preware to remove) or ist it safe to just install the new version over the old one?
    With the previous version of your patch I removed and reinstalled, was just wondering if the extra step of removing is necessary.

BTW, did Teracopy work out for you? I recommended it to you on Twitter couple of days back.
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
  11.    #51  
    Only patches from preware are save to update, separate patch files need to remove before installing new.

And yes, thank you for the TeraCopy tip, it works silently in the background. I was surprised as the window popped up as I first tried to copy a couple of file with the windows explorer.
    Whoops!
    Deinstalled patch and had what looked like a continuous Luna restart.
    After initiating removal of the patch, I had left the device unattended for some time and when I checked it had the pulsating HP logo going.

Upon resetting (Opt+Sym+R) and booting the Pre it came up with the SIM password screen. Entering the password would result in another pulsating HP logo.

When the SIM password screen was displayed, hooking the Pre up to the USB port on my Laptop gave the USB/Just charge option.
    WOSQI would still connect and installing the latest ad-freee patch through WOSQI eventually resulted in a working system. <Wipes sweat from brow>

FYI: Agenda is on my quick launch bar.

Is a system file borked? If so, what do I need to replace and where do I find it in the Doctor?

Thank you in advance.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
  13.    #53  
    Someone was reporting about a reset on a Veer after deinstalling the patch. Maybe the OS is not lucky when the app goes hidden again and the icon is still used somewhere. The patch only touches files in the AgendaView app (which is in /usr/palm/applications/), nothing else.
    Removed Agenda icon from quick launch.
    Removed patch using Preware, did Luna restart as prompted.
    Luna came up normal.
    Reinstalled patch using Internalz, did Luna restart as prompted.
    Luna came up normal.

I could try to add the Agenda icon to quick launch again and then remove the patch, see what happens. But I'm hesitant, too much excitement for one day :-).
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    I had to know...
    Added Agenda icon to quick launch again.
    Removed patch using Preware.
    Luna restart... Luna Loop
    Reinstalled at SIM password screen using WOSQI.
    Back in business.

So there's that.

Regards, uwer
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
  16.    #56  
    Good to know, will add it to the description, thx
    Thanks so much for the patch!!! I wonder is it possible to have an update which will also work on landscape mode.

Thanks. Much appreciate !
  18.    #58  
    When running from launcher, you have landscape mode available.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    Whoops!
    Deinstalled patch and had what looked like a continuous Luna restart.
    After initiating removal of the patch, I had left the device unattended for some time and when I checked it had the pulsating HP logo going.

I had the same problem and ended up using the doctor multiple times. Seems to be a webos bug or at least a instability when patching. What's the best way to report the bug somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    When running from launcher, you have landscape mode available.
    So that mean no landscape mode within Exhibition? Any how, I am a happy man.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast