Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    I guess US is the default appinfo.json which is in the top folder of the app.
    Ah, that got it -- thanks for the hint.
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/appinfo.json is now:
    Code:
    {
           "id": "com.palm.app.agendaview",
           "version": "0.2.20101214",
           "vendor": "Palm",
           "type": "web",
           "main": "index.html",
           "title": "Agenda",
           "icon": "icon-64x64.png",
           "splashicon": "icon-256x256.png",
           "dockMode":true,
           "visible":"true",
           "universalSearch": {
               "search": {
                  "displayName": "Agenda",
                  "url": "com.palm.app.agendaview",
                  "launchParam": "query"
               }
           }

}
    and it works as expected in justtype.

Thanks for the patch!

(Now all I need is a way to export the call log in 2.1.0...!)
  3.    #23  
    Did I forget the just type stuff in the default appinfo.json?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Did I forget the just type stuff in the default appinfo.json?
    Yah, it wasn't there.
    patch doesn't work for german device...I don't have any other agendaview patches installed..

error: 6 out of 6 hunks failed, saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.agendaview/app/model/AgendaModel.jsjsjs.$rej$

what is the mistake??

thx anyway..
    Lately these odd hunk errors I would fix them by taking the source file from the webOS doctor and use webOS quick install to copy them into the phone and restart. Afterwards try to install the patch.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    fresh file from webos doctor and installing with quickinstall helped...thx..

this patch was also my wish to write, but time missing...so thx for developer also....great job...
  8.    #28  
    Patch updated. Think I will post it on Preware tomorrow.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    The patch works great on my device, I found one issue though - when searching with just type it lists all day events without a date, that's rather useless when searching for 'birthday' for ex. - the list is chronological, but not much help without a date
    Could you fix that please?
  10.    #30  
    Doesn't happen here with the latest patch, happened for me with the previous patch, without a recognizable difference in the code there.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    the patch now works on my veer and I must say that it's great!! Exactly what I was missing on my phone...

However, it seems to be the case that removing the patch puts you in an endless reboot loop, which requires you to doctor your phone. Maybe that is because the patch is not made for 2.1.2? I can remove other patches (expect the other agenda patch, which created the same problem) or I can't even install them. Does anyone made the same experience?
  12.    #32  
    Strange... The other agenda-patch only alters the appinfo.json file.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Here is my new theory about the bug. Not sure whether it makes sense but someone who knows webos better might be able to tell.

webos basically restarts when it loads the 'desktop' (the wallpaper with the five icons and the just type bar). When I plug it into my computer, webos starts and asks me 'Just charge', or 'usb' and does not automatically restart. However, as soon as I press 'just charge' it starts rebooting. I can, however, use just type when the 'just charge' question is still on the screen and start application and do pretty much everything. But as soon as I close an application so that the desktop would appear, it restarts. I used just type to start the developer mode and QI to install your patch. Afterwards everything works again without any problems. It seems as if loading the desktop somehow depends on installing either your or the other Agenda patch.
    I now realize that I have the Agenda icon on my desktop among the four app icons. Maybe there is a webos bug, which causes webos to reboot when it tries to load an icons on the desktop that does not exist. Other application installed through the app-catalog might automatically remove the icon. Is that possible? Can someone reproduce this? If that is true, it seems like a serious bug.
    I don`t know if you`re usin the UnifiedDiffCreator.jar, but the new_updated_patch doesn`t work for me...

I uninstalled the version before...and trying to install is full of errormessages with quickinstall...??

it`s a german pre..

thx..
  15.    #35  
    I had the same, and it turns out that the old patch wasn't deinstalled. I used the latest WOQI. All I could do was copy the original AgendaView app form the doctor image.
    Don't know if it's too early for requests, but I would it be possible to limit the view to the coming 3 days and maybe exclude all day events (as an option)? At the moment my agendaview gets filled with all day events like weather, moonphases, days of week...which are not really essential information.

Thanks for you work
  17.    #37  
    No, is not too early for requests The enhancement for prefs is the next on the list for this patch. Then you will be able to select day-range for standard and all-day events for exhibition and app mode.
    That's great news, indeed :-)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    any chance that the all-day event can be placed at the corresponding date and not all at the beginning?

Thanks for the great patch!
  20.    #40  
    Will be an option too:

Exhibition Mode
    -----------------
    Timed Events - Number of days: 1, 3, 7, 14
    All Day Events - Number of days: 1, 3, 7, 14
    All Day Events - Show: on top, in timeline, not at all

Application Mode
    ------------------
    Timed Events - Number of days: 1, 3, 7, 14
    All Day Events - Number of days: 1, 3, 7, 14
    All Day Events - Show: on top, in timeline, not at all
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast