1.    #1  
    Finally, I hope I found a cure for the browser (webview-widget) refresh problems:
    • when reactivating a browser window it drops the content and you need to reload again
    • sometimes the browser window catches events even if not fullscreen
    • sometimes the browser window doesn't start, all you see is a gray window with flashing icon

Please try the patch and write back if any of the mentioned refresh problems still exist for you.
    The patch is 2.1 only. It includes the existing "No refresh in browser after idle" patch. If it works successful, I will upload it to Preware.

Thx
    Henk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 05/27/2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: fix for patch file
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I was not able to apply the patch, but after adding the changes manually it seems to work like a charm!
    Thanks alot!
    Im not able to apply the patch, too.
    Always getting "1 out of 2 hunks FAILED....usr/palm/.....widget_webview.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;

Just deletes the "adblocker", "No refresh in browser after idle" and the "systems behaviour" patch. think i have all that depends to the browser..... ;-((

Thx

Michaer75
  4.    #4  
    Ok, send me your /usr/palm/frameworks/webview/submission/23.1/javascript/widget_webview.jsjsjs $file$ $please$.
  5.    #5  
    I created the patch with a fresh copy of the file from the 2.1 webos doctor image. Does it work now?
    Thanks for working on this. Looking forward to giving it a try!
    So far it's working successfully for me, thanks for the great work!
    Does this work for Universe as well? When will this hit Preware?
  9.    #9  
    Universe is only a frontend for the internal webview widget, which means the patch also works and affects Universe. I will submit it today to preware feed.
    Fantastic. Thanks.
  11.    #11  

Patch Approved at the WebOS-Patches Web Portal!

Thank you for submitting an update to the patch entitled Browser: No Auto Refresh After Idle.

This email is to inform you the patch has been approved!

You should see it in the WebOS-Patches Feed in Preware (and other installers) within the next couple of hours.
    Attached for webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4, will submit it for Preware
    Awesome, good work sir! I wonder if these changes could be applied to Enyo's version of WebView... I'm away from my TP and can't check.

I might root around and see if I can fix new browser cards not loading if you throw away the card that spawned them. That irks me. Any tips on where to look?
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 02/03/2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Awesome, good work sir! I wonder if these changes could be applied to Enyo's version of WebView... I'm away from my TP and can't check.

I might root around and see if I can fix new browser cards not loading if you throw away the card that spawned them. That irks me. Any tips on where to look?
    You probably want to check usr/palm/frameworks/webview/submission/23.9.1/javascript/widget_webview.jsjsjs
    Sweet, thanks for the pointer attached is No Refresh After Idle for the Touchpad. Tested and working on the Emulator, I'll put it up on Preware.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Shifty, et al...Just installed the patch which showed up in PreWare today (3.05 TouchPad).

Appears to have solved issues with blank web pages. And even solved issue of blank pages appearing in Preware (during patch installs). Thanks!

Might be best to edit the subject line of this post so 3.05 TouchPad users will know the patch is also applicable to them. Or maybe start a new thread?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I installed the patches on Touchpad and Pre3, just thinking it would solve the refresh after idle nonsense. Which is nice but not earthshattering. But now I see that it also solves the huge annoyance that pages don't load in the background! So cool! Thank you guys.
    With this patch, I still encounter the blank page upon switching back occasionally. (Pre2, 2.2.4)
    I believe the patch is also supposed to remedy this as well? or just the auto refresh? after how long does the page refresh normally?