1.    #1  
    I realize this has probably been asked but I was wondering this... Why arn't some of the awesome patches like 4x4 icons and launcher reset scroll position available on webos 2.0? As always I appreciate the hard work of our Pre community and developers. Is there something in WebOS 2.0 that is making getting these patches more difficult?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I realize this has probably been asked but I was wondering this... Why arn't some of the awesome patches like 4x4 icons and launcher reset scroll position available on webos 2.0? As always I appreciate the hard work of our Pre community and developers. Is there something in WebOS 2.0 that is making getting these patches more difficult?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The answer is yes...apparently the laucher is tied down and not something that can be messed with this time around.

Does anyone know if that would be something HP could change in a future update?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

The 2.x launcher is apparently compiled rather than being a web page, and so changing it is said to be impractical.
  4.    #4  
    That's unfortunate to hear. But, I knew someone on Precentral would have an answer. Thanks!
    Addendum: FWIW I've heard it might be possible to REPLACE the launcher at some point, but no longer to patch it. With my limited knowledge I can't say I really understand how big of a task that would be (and who'd be up to it) but I know Android has several replacement launchers...