Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi, is there a patch that allows you to directly send sms to a person from the quick actions part in just type? I don't want to first click on 'Message', wait until Messaging opens, and then type the persons name. I want an option under 'Actions' that is something like 'Send SMS to X', which opens the Messaging app in the background and sends the text to that person. Same goes for emails.
    I think that would be pretty powerful. Has anyone already implemented that?

Greg
    since 3rd party apps are able to utilize quick actions, i would think its possible for an some to allow create something like this without homebrew...
    Isn't std. just type quite close to what you want? Type name partly,tap name from list, tap number sms icon and the msg app opens. Or do you want to send a standard, always the same, message?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Isn't std. just type quite close to what you want? Type name partly,tap name from list, tap number sms icon and the msg app opens. Or do you want to send a standard, always the same, message?
    no, I want to send different messages to the same person. 90% of sms go to maybe 3 people (in my case at least). So my perfect approach would be

1. Type sms text (just type options open)
    2. scroll to quick actions and tap 'send sms to [NAME]'
    (and webos opens messaging in the background and sends the message without further user input)

That is one single tap(!) compared to three taps and partially typing the name in your approach (in both cases you have to type the sms, of course). Just type already is great but that would really show it's power! Same goes for emails, twitter, facebook status (which I am personally not interested in but I am sure a lot of people are)...
    bump. Would love to see this, as most of my texts are to one person. Maybe this could be done as an app or something... but I think officially you'll only be able to pre-populate the sms fields (both "to" and the message), so making it send w/out any user interaction after taping on the Just Type command will probably require homebrew. however, seems to me like it'd be possible.
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Just type [name] and the option to SMS pops up, bypassing the need to open the contact card.

I'm speaking on the Pre-, however, with it's plain universal search.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to the board and cant find how to start a new thread, so apologies if hijacking this a little.

I am nearing the end of my two year contract with both my pre - and my iphone 4 and cant wait to get rid of my iphone to be replaced by the pre3. My pre is also going as at my age I cant read the screen too well anymore and the battery is just not good enough.

I am thinking about going for the Pre 3 and TP but would like to know if Web Os 2 and or 3 allows you to use Just Type to search tasks. I have gazillions of tasks and it just takes too long to find the right one with 1.4.5. This is really important to me and would make the difference between a usable work tool and an efficient work horse.

Thanks for any help.