1.    #1  
    I have been having problems with my Palm Pixi's silent switch. It is constantly vibrating because it has became rather sensitive. Because of this, I am returning it to Palm for a replacement because it is still in warranty. The problem is, is that i previously overclocked my phone. If i remove all of my patches, kernels, govnah, and anything preware related.... will Palm know that I overclocked my phone... thus voiding warranty?
    if you erase your phone, then doctor it, then no one else will know
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    most of the reps can't even tell. I've gotten my wife's phone replaced about 9 times (yeah that's right 9 time) and I always turned it in overclocked. They never said anything.
    overclocking is the only thing that will void your warranty, so if you leave your patches and themes on, they can't do anything
    You should doctor and do a full secure erase in my personal opinion. You could get away with only the device erase but these seem to be good options.
    but erase first
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    most of the reps can't even tell. I've gotten my wife's phone replaced about 9 times (yeah that's right 9 time) and I always turned it in overclocked. They never said anything.
    same here ^, I've done it six times and not once they ever noticed.
    Always do a full erase and webOS Doctor before taking your phone anywhere near a HP/Palm or carrier representative.

It should be part of your troubleshooting process before you report a problem anyway.

-- Rod
    I had same problem with my Pixi. My switch got to a point where it could be pushed up (towards vibrate off) a hair too far, which would cause the phone to vibrate randomly (especially in my pocket), and drain my battery.

If this is the same problem you're having, try taking your cover off and wedge a tiny piece of paper above the switch (between the screen & red hash mark) to prevent it from being pushed up too far, but small enough to still allow it to flip up to "ring". Been working for me for over 6 months. Hope this makes sense & helps.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm on 4th Pre+. I've overclocked them all and never had a problem... that was done as an exchange through Verizon, not sent to Palm for repair.
    There is a real easy fix for your issue. It's caused by the screws coming loose. If you can tighten the screw closest to the switch it will stop giving you trouble.