Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    A slight screen scroll seems to be the main reason the bar breaks up.
    A slight scroll can both break up parts of a page and fix it. Depends.

I've played with it again and I have to say it behaves just as I would expect it to in a WebOS browser. There is nothing but the usual behavior that I've come to expect in the WebOS browser.

A few things to keep in mind here:

• Time- You may have to give it time to paint or change the display
    • Scroll- A scroll will repaint
    • Refresh- When all else fails, you may have to refresh the browser due to it's nature

These are the rules I've used with browsing in WebOS for a long time.
  2.    #22  
    Advanced features that work

• I noticed the pop up info on map points work.
    • After tapping on a point you can scroll to the bottom for additional things like dialing or directions.

Tapping the phone icon will launch your dialer and populate it with the number just as tapping the directions icon will take you to that feature within maps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    @rmausser - I followed your exact steps, even using the same place...but it still triggers the Google Maps app on an AT&T 1.4.5 Pre+ (no spoof).

Any other requirements to make this work?
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    @rmausser - I followed your exact steps, even using the same place...but it still triggers the Google Maps app on an AT&T 1.4.5 Pre+ (no spoof).

Any other requirements to make this work?
    Are you saving my link to your places first?

I believe you need to save the link to your places first on your PC, and then make you are logged into gmail IN YOUR PRE'S BROWSER, NOT JUST SYNERGY.

I cant stress that enough. Hence caps.

So go to m.gmail.com in your Pre's browser to ensure you are logged in.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I appreciate the effort, but I'm definitely logged into mobile gmail AND I saved the link to "my maps" on the pc version...could you try sharing the final link?
  6.    #26  
    I appreciate the effort, but I'm definitely logged into mobile gmail AND I saved the link to "my maps" on the pc version...could you try sharing the final link?
    Make sure the link you copy on your PC, you can paste into a new tab and it comes up with the map (on your PC).

Next what I'd do is use URL shortener on your PC and type it into your browser on your WebOS device. Make sure your WebOS device is already logged into your Gmail account.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    No luck - google maps opens immediately upon submitting the URL, both with and without the URL shortener.

This is even more frustrating since it's clearly working for some people!
  8.    #28  
    No luck - google maps opens immediately upon submitting the URL, both with and without the URL shortener.

This is even more frustrating since it's clearly working for some people!
    The only way I could get the link was by after saving to "My Map" clicking on it again and instead of clicking on "Save to Map" I clicked on the "More" link then selected "Send"

I right then right clicked on the the link in that box which should look like this:

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=The+Fillmore,+San+Francisco,+CA&aq=0&sll=37.800194,-122.424911&sspn=0.001212,0.002519&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lower+Pacific+Heights,+San+Francisco,+California &ll=37.787267,-122.433701&spn=0.0194,0.040298&z=15&iwloc=A

Which is then when I used the URL shortener
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    @deesugar - That did it: I had to click on the blue mymaps icon rather than the red location marker, even when logged in!
    Just so you guys know I am interested in building a mobile version us the Google Maps API as well.

You wont be able to use directions because thats not offered in the API per say, but there are some neat features like birds eye view, terrain and transit and street view thats available and not offered in the mobile version of Google Maps.

It will just be search based or lock onto your gps location and you can just look around your area from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Just so you guys know I am interested in building a mobile version us the Google Maps API as well.

You wont be able to use directions because thats not offered in the API per say, but there are some neat features like birds eye view, terrain and transit and street view thats available and not offered in the mobile version of Google Maps.

It will just be search based or lock onto your gps location and you can just look around your area from there.
    Are these API's free or you have to pay to use them?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Missing step:

8) Add to launcher

Now it will feel like an app.
    Trying to figure out how to do that; if I launch the link from neato!, it goes right to a Google Maps "app" but does not allow me to do browser-like things such as adding to launcher.

Oh, that's it; if I move the URL via another method (in my case, PocketMirror memo), it launches in the browser and I can do that. Thanks.

One other tip--at least under webOS 2.x, with the browser now GPS-enabled, you need to turn on browser access to the GPS via Location Services in order to use the navigation features of this Google Maps implementation. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I'm rather new to all this. I followed your howto but got stuck at the end - I created the link as decribed. I then mailed it to myself so that I can copy it from the browser. But here's the problem starting - how can I mark and copy that link in the browser? Whenever I try to mark it with my finger it either start Google Maps or when I press Copy and then try to paste it into a new address bar there is nothing pasted at all.

So is there a way to connect to my Pre2 from Windows with something like Remote Desktop for WebOS? When I google for that I only get hits for the other way round....

Can you please give advice what exactly to do? Thanks alot!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Are these API's free or you have to pay to use them?
    They are free.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Sorry, but how do I paste that link into the webOS browser? I tried copying it into both text and word docs, and opened them with Internalz, but I can't get to the copy function on the phone.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    How do I scroll the map? It always just scrolls everything on the page, but the map does not move.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Sorry, but how do I paste that link into the webOS browser? I tried copying it into both text and word docs, and opened them with Internalz, but I can't get to the copy function on the phone.
    No need to copy link.. just use the send option on the map on your PC. Email it to your gmail addy.
    When you click on the link, it will open up the browser (I was able to do it from synergy but was probably still logged in to google from a previous session)
    Once the map is open in browser add it to your launcher with Menu --> Page --> Add to launcher.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I would recommend using the technique I layed out using a URL shortener if you're having problems.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    How do I scroll the map? It always just scrolls everything on the page, but the map does not move.
    I don't think you can do that on WebOS. I'm not even sure if the Android or iPhone web browsers can. There would have to be a special key enabled for that, otherwise how would the web browser know the difference between someone who wanted to scroll the page versus scrolling the map?
  20. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    El Macambo - nice!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast