Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I am hoping someone can make a patch that will make our Facebook accounts a bit more secure.

I am looking for a patch that will hide the Facebook App Icon on my phone while still making the App accessible through the keyboard when I start typing "Facebook" through universal search.

This way if someone gets on your phone, they can't simply find your Facebook App to browse through your private messages or post something stupid.

Many will say, just put a password on your phone. I've found the password option on my Pre to be a bit buggy and I don't think I need to have password on my phone all the time.

Thanks.
    i believe a patch like this exists, but im blanking on the name. If you did a meta tap a menu would pop up and allow you to hide an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    i believe a patch like this exists, but im blanking on the name. If you did a meta tap a menu would pop up and allow you to hide an app.
    That's in 1.4.5 only and it's called Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and it's the best patch ever created ever.

What version of the OS are you on OP?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    That's in 1.4.5 only and it's called Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and it's the best patch ever created ever.

What version of the OS are you on OP?
    I am using 1.4.5. I just tried to download it and got some and error message, it must conflict with other patches I have
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I am using 1.4.5. I just tried to download it and got some and error message, it must conflict with other patches I have
    Yes, that is most likely the case. Follow the steps on the wiki page for the ACAL (Advanced Configuration for App Launcher) to get it installed, then follow the usage section on the wiki to learn how to hide/show apps in the launcher.

The official thread for ACAL is found here.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I thought you could hide apps by default on 1.4.5. If you go into device info, select software at the top and select the facebook app, I'm pretty sure it will give you the option to hide it. The patch just made it so you could meta tap the icon and get the option. I wish hiding apps was still an option on 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I thought you could hide apps by default on 1.4.5. If you go into device info, select software at the top and select the facebook app, I'm pretty sure it will give you the option to hide it. The patch just made it so you could meta tap the icon and get the option. I wish hiding apps was still an option on 2.1.
    Hiding applications has never been a default feature of WebOS in any version.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Hiding applications has never been a default feature of WebOS in any version.
    Hmm. I must have just didnt realize it was the patch.