1.    #1  
    I thought there used to be a patch that took the rounded edges off the corners of the screen. Is it something other than a patch? Am I just missing it?

I typed in "corner", "edge", and "screen" in Preware and came up with nothing. Any ideas or am I imagining things?

(I'm looking for it because I just applied the patch that puts the wallpaper in the top bar, but with the screen's rounded edges, it looks unfinished.)

Thank you for any help!
    Garret's Carbon theme did this for a bit, but I think he went back to the rounded corners. Check with that thread. Likely there is a system image that needs to be changed or removed.
    if you are talking about the browser, the fullscreen mode browser patch does this.
    I've got it done on mine but I swear I can't remember how. I think it was a patch but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: It's in the quick installer tweaks page. It's the webos doctor or meta doctor, can't remember what it's called. It's the pc app I used to install preware. Hope that helps.
    There are images on the device that have to be modified. I dont know if there is a patch for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    I thought there used to be a patch that took the rounded edges off the corners of the screen. Is it something other than a patch? Am I just missing it?

I typed in "corner", "edge", and "screen" in Preware and came up with nothing. Any ideas or am I imagining things?

(I'm looking for it because I just applied the patch that puts the wallpaper in the top bar, but with the screen's rounded edges, it looks unfinished.)

Thank you for any help!
    If you have WebOS QI 3.14. it will work with 2.xx
    go to tweaks, styling mode, squarify the screen.

You will get a lot of errors on start up.
    Please only use 3.14 to do the corner thing.
    If you try any other tweaks or whatever, you will go to the doctor, k.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

You can change out the images for a transparent one. The images are located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Garret's Carbon theme did this for a bit, but I think he went back to the rounded corners. Check with that thread. Likely there is a system image that needs to be changed or removed.
    There are lots of theme patches that change the corners. Heck there is even a Battlestar Galactica theme that makes the corners "chopped" like the paper and books in the show.
    How does one make or where would one find said transparent images?
    I figured it out and the results... Amazing! It really makes my screen looks so much bigger.
    YUS! Thank you for this, such a small thing really makes a huge difference. Did some further desaturation of other image elements while I was there.

:'( its so beautiful now
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make the launcher square too?? I did this mod but when i open the launcher it is curved and therefore looks funny because u can see the wallpaper behind it in the surrounding edges.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas916 View Post
    I figured it out and the results... Amazing! It really makes my screen looks so much bigger.
    I'm not sure which of the above suggestions you tried, but is there any way you could do an informal step-by-step for those of us who are a little lost at this point?

Thanks everyone for all the replies!

P.S. I am running VZW 1.4.5.1, so not sure if the QI idea would work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    P.S. I am running VZW 1.4.5.1, so not sure if the QI idea would work for me.
    I am running 1.4.5.1 on my Sprint Pixi with the carbon theme and the squarify patch worked well for me!