1.    #1  
    I am enjoying webos 2.1 on my vzw pre plus, and eagerly anticipation (and hoping for) an pre 3 on vzw.

in the meanwhile I want to start patching this version of webos 2.1.

but I am really confused about which patches are compatible with my version of webos and on my "legacy" device.

many patches on the preware feed have a blue x on them, whereas others have an icon like a phone, calender, etc. And yet others have a green plus (which I think is Tweaks compatible?). Clicking on a particular patch doesn't always tell you if its compatible with 2.1. Especially the advanced patch framework and preferences by sconix- the description of the patches is confusing as anything.

can someone please clarify which patches I can install on my pre plus with 2.1 on vzw?

thanks
    all the different icons denote what kind of patch it is. phone, web, launcher.

generally if you can see the patch, you an install it
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Most of the times if it's not for 2.1 it will tell you that it is just a placeholder (meaning it'll be there to inform you if a 2.1 patch is available). Usually, if you see it you can use it.

For sconix's patches there is a very good wiki which help you understand what to install and how to install.
  4.    #4  
    does sconix' patches include everything we need to patch?
    "everything" will mean something different between you and me.

I have all (i think) of his patches, plus a boatload of others, almost 100.
    those icons are the patch "categories." if you click on the top-right category selection (it looks like a pill) you'll see a list of categories. choose one and you'll see what I mean.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    does sconix' patches include everything we need to patch?
    It adds a lot of stuff in the main use of the phone. You are able to toggle more things under one menu, you have more options in contacts-email-messaging etc, you can have mode switcher in order to create different "profiles" with different settings etc.
    In a few words they add a lot of stuff that makes the phone more user friendly.
    It depends on what you really need. I have other patches installed (for example an sms character counter), but for starters the advanced patches is a good choice.