Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So today I made the big release announcement for my WebOS Clock Theme Builder and the clock theme feed, with already 21 creative clock themes available.

But naturally you'll wanna show off that new theme. I've got ya covered there too!

Palm made it difficult to modify the built-in apps to turn non-Exhibition Mode apps into Exhibition Mode apps. So that's which I've had to split it up into 2 patches; it affects 2 different webOS packages and to be AUPT compliant I've kept them as 2 separate patches. Be sure to install both patches for it to work as intended.

When you go into Exhibition Mode, in top-left dropdown list, the Clock will appear. Note: Clock will not appear in the Exhibition Preferences app, due to the workarounds I had to do to get this patch working.

In exhibition mode, only the clock face screen will be visible (no alarm control panel), but that's more than enough to look stylish. In fact, I designed this patch pair to be fully compatible with clock theming. What's more, when you change alarm settings, theme, etc. in the Clock app outside of Exhibition Mode, when you go back into Exhibition Mode, those changes will be reflected.

All in all, making the Clock app a viable Exhibition Mode contender and a great way to show off themes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Finally- somebody did this!!
    wo0t!!

Edit: now if we can only get someone to actually FIX the alarm clock, hint hint, so that it automatically shuts off after one hour of not being snoozed than we are all set

Thank you!!!!
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You sir, are awesome!
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    You guys are AMAZING!
    Excelent!
    Cool!!
    Are the patches available in Preware?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    You guys are AMAZING!
    "guy", singular

Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Are the patches available in Preware?
    Not yet, but as with all my patches, they'll arrive eventually. For now just use WOSQI or Internalz Pro with the .patch files.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason you alone are one of the reasons this platform will succeed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey3605 View Post
    jason you alone are one of the reasons this platform will succeed!! :d
    +1 you rock jason!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Any way that it can make it work in landscape, I keep my phone on the touchstone that way...

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Any way that it can make it work in landscape, I keep my phone on the touchstone that way...

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Unfortunately, it appears exhibition mode is restricted to portrait, currently.

Geez Jason... this is a great OS, but made so much better with your stuff!! Thanks!!
    Great stuff Jason. Works great !!!
    Thanks
    Vas
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 05/16/2011 at 04:35 AM.
    Great! Worked perfect!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Can't get these patches to work, not sure why . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Can't get these patches to work, not sure why . . .
    They're currently 2.1 only, last I heard - otherwise, what's happening?
    warlord created a patch that takes the time in the top bar and changes it to the date when in exhibition mode. is there anyway to create the same patch for the top bar when the clock is in exhibition mode? would be really nice.
    thanks
    Here's what I posted in Jason's page 1 topic (which I now realize was kind of a dumb place to post it):

Jason, I got the feed to work just fine (2.1), and I was able to theme the Clock app just fine, but I can't get the two patches to work at all. I've been manually starting Exhibition because I don't have a Touchstone handy, but that shouldn't matter, right? I don't see the Clock app in the drop-down as you described in your thread in the forums.

A couple of questions: This only themes one app . . . Is it possible to theme Clock when another theme is in place? I ask because I had Garrett's CarbonOS theme installed and then installed a Clock theme. When I looked in Preware it only saw the Clock theme, even though Garrett's theme was working in all other apps.

I loaded the .patch files using WebOSQI, but I can't see them as installed in Preware. Is this OK?

I uninstalled the only Exhibition-related patch I was running . . .

One more thing: I have the Twithibition app installed. Is there a conflict?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't get Clock to work in Exhibition for the life of me!
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    warlord created a patch that takes the time in the top bar and changes it to the date when in exhibition mode. is there anyway to create the same patch for the top bar when the clock is in exhibition mode? would be really nice.
    thanks
    Along these lines, I'd like to see a patch that gets rid of the top bar entirely. It would be a cleaner look, I think.

I wonder if it's possible to theme Clock so that a date could be inset somehow.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast