Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Here's what I posted in Jason's page 1 topic (which I now realize was kind of a dumb place to post it):

    Jason, I got the feed to work just fine (2.1), and I was able to theme the Clock app just fine, but I can't get the two patches to work at all. I've been manually starting Exhibition because I don't have a Touchstone handy, but that shouldn't matter, right? I don't see the Clock app in the drop-down as you described in your thread in the forums.

    A couple of questions: This only themes one app . . . Is it possible to theme Clock when another theme is in place? I ask because I had Garrett's CarbonOS theme installed and then installed a Clock theme. When I looked in Preware it only saw the Clock theme, even though Garrett's theme was working in all other apps.

    I loaded the .patch files using WebOSQI, but I can't see them as installed in Preware. Is this OK?

    I uninstalled the only Exhibition-related patch I was running . . .

    One more thing: I have the Twithibition app installed. Is there a conflict?

    Sorry for all the questions, but I can't get Clock to work in Exhibition for the life of me!
    Somewhere (in the PreCentral article?) he says that he couldn't get it to work in the Exhibition application - I'll track down the detail, but without a touchstone, you're out of luck (for now).
    EDIT: Found it - top of the thread - "Note: Clock will not appear in the Exhibition Preferences app, due to the workarounds I had to do to get this patch working."
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/16/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: add
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Somewhere (in the PreCentral article?) he says that he couldn't get it to work in the Exhibition application - I'll track down the detail, but without a touchstone, you're out of luck (for now).
    I've tried it with the touchstone, and still no go.

    For some reason, I don't think WOSQI is doing the install properly. It says they're installed but if I use device management to see the patch list they don't appear, and they don't appear in Preware, either. I've remounted the Pre, full restarts, Luna restarts, etc., and that makes no difference.

    I run a ton of sconix's Advanced Configuration patches. Maybe there's a conflict somewhere? But I get no error messages at all, so . . .
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I've tried it with the touchstone, and still no go.

    For some reason, I don't think WOSQI is doing the install properly. It says they're installed but if I use device management to see the patch list they don't appear, and they don't appear in Preware, either. I've remounted the Pre, full restarts, Luna restarts, etc., and that makes no difference.

    I run a ton of sconix's Advanced Configuration patches. Maybe there's a conflict somewhere? But I get no error messages at all, so . . .
    I've got every sconix patch there is loaded (if I don't have it loaded, it's because I missed it in the list ). I sent the patches to my device and used Internalz to load them - they show up in Preware now.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    warlord created a patch that takes the time in the top bar and changes it to the date when in exhibition mode. is there anyway to create the same patch for the top bar when the clock is in exhibition mode? would be really nice.
    thanks
    I got a theme I'm working on now that has the date and day working

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 05/16/2011 at 01:49 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  5. #25  
    Looks nice warlord
  6. #26  
    I just sent it to Jason so look for it soon.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  7. #27  
    Now Garrett needs to work his magic and get his status bar weather widget workin' with this
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Now Garrett needs to work his magic and get his status bar weather widget workin' with this
    I've been waiting for him to play with that
  9. #29  
    If you got an image you would like to add to the clock theme with date, post them in the wallpaper thread and I will try and set you up.
    No promises but I'll try. k
    Last edited by warlord9159; 05/16/2011 at 02:18 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I've got every sconix patch there is loaded (if I don't have it loaded, it's because I missed it in the list ). I sent the patches to my device and used Internalz to load them - they show up in Preware now.
    Got it. Installed with Internalz Pro and now works like a charm. The square clock looks awesome.

    One question I'm still not clear on. Since Clock themes only affect one app, can they live side by side with typical themes like CarbonOS? I note in the Preware available packages feed there's a Theme/Clock section for clock themes, but in the installed packages list, Theme seems to be just one category.
  11. #31  
    you can install all clock themes with no problems.
    you can have a theme install (only one) with all clock themes installed with no problems.

    only on webos 2.xx for now
    Last edited by warlord9159; 05/16/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    you can install all clock themes with no problems.
    you can have a theme install (only one) with all clock themes installed with no problems.

    only on webos 2.xx for now
    Beautiful. The CarbonOS theme plus themed Clock Exhibition FTW.
  13. #33  
    Ok... so I made the mistake of trying to install the patches before reading the very last line in the post about it not being available for 1.4.5... I was able to install the first patch, but not the 2nd. My clock app has completely refused to open. I uninstalled everything, to include the patches that I was using previously and I still cannot open the app and the alarms don't work at all either. The card simply freezes in the flashing mode and never opens.

    Any ideas of what I can do... other than reading all the instructions first next time?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    Ok... so I made the mistake of trying to install the patches before reading the very last line in the post about it not being available for 1.4.5... I was able to install the first patch, but not the 2nd. My clock app has completely refused to open. I uninstalled everything, to include the patches that I was using previously and I still cannot open the app and the alarms don't work at all either. The card simply freezes in the flashing mode and never opens.

    Any ideas of what I can do... other than reading all the instructions first next time?
    hmm, the first patch uses a 2.x service request. Try uninstalling the patch, then restart the device (not just luna restart).

    Did you try to install a theme? Currently Clock theming in 1.4.5 is bugged and could cause the symptoms you described. WebOS Repair Utility could help. When I release my fix in a few days, I will also be releasing a Clock Theme Recovery self-removing package that will act similar to the Emergency Patch Recovery package, in that it'll remove all themes and restore to pre-theme status, and would repair a damaged Clock themes.json file. If you haven't fixed it by the time I release it, that should help you
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15. #35  
    Love the clock themes in exhibition mode. I'm using a 2.1 meta Pre- and use my phone as an alarm clock. I noticed last night that when you set an alarm and set the phone on the touchtone that the theme no longer shows when exhibition starts. Just got a blank screen. When I turned the alarm off, it showed again. Odd- just thought I would make it known
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    You guys are AMAZING!
    Jason is just one guy hahaha, you probably have him confused with a member of webOS Internals, of which he is not.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Jason is just one guy hahaha, you probably have him confused with a member of webOS Internals, of which he is not.
    From Jason's PreCentral article: "And so for the past few weeks, myself, warlord9159, and kdubhotsauce have worked together on giving the Clock app some new style."

    By my count that makes 3.

    hahaha.
  18. sparky95's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    Ok... so I made the mistake of trying to install the patches before reading the very last line in the post about it not being available for 1.4.5... I was able to install the first patch, but not the 2nd. My clock app has completely refused to open. I uninstalled everything, to include the patches that I was using previously and I still cannot open the app and the alarms don't work at all either. The card simply freezes in the flashing mode and never opens.

    Any ideas of what I can do... other than reading all the instructions first next time?
    Ok I am in the same boat, WebOs Recovery was unable to reconcile my device's version with the ones I was able to download so that did not work for me. Any word on current progress? I have been without my clock since the 15th. I found out it didn't work before you did.
  19. #39  
    excellent work.. u are the man to prepare WEBOS to fight against other OS's
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I got a theme I'm working on now that has the date and day working

    Downloaded this today - looks great in Clock, not so much in Exhibition on TS. If you fix the background, it will replace Dark Carbon for me.

    And thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions