1.    #1  
    Hello,

Here is a patch that I put together.

It adds the ability to Text a memo in the top left pull down tab while inside any memo.

I will submit to Preware if people think its worth while.
    (Now in Preware.... Works with versions 1.4.5 - 2.1 )

Additional Patch(s) for other Supported Languages see post #16 bellow

ScreenShot Attached

Have a good one...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 06/12/2011 at 12:10 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I will Look into adding more options if there are any suggestions on a certain app that it is possible to do so.
    i would love the ability to text a memo
    good idea! Not for 1.45.1 I'm guessing?
  5.    #5  
    Nope your good. It works 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I would probably use this once in awhile. By all means, submit it to PW, it would be nice just to see something new.. But ya, there are still a good handful of us still floating on the 1.4.5 boat so.. .
    Is it possible to have a patch that does this the opposite way? Copy text to memo.. That would be very sweet..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I would probably use this once in awhile. By all means, submit it to PW, it would be nice just to see something new.. But ya, there are still a good handful of us still floating on the 1.4.5 boat so.. .
    Is it possible to have a patch that does this the opposite way? Copy text to memo.. That would be very sweet..
    I will look into it more that does sound interesting but I don't think that they have that ability enabled. Possibly if more people would like to look into that would be cool.

I was in the process of making a patch that would allow more than one memos card be open at a time but I can't seem to get the text info to show. It would be only to to view (not edit or change) just open into a separate card to view two memos at once.

If anyone wants to jump in and see it they can get it to work PM me. (It will launch to a new card in the correct color just no text appears)
    Last edited by djgardn2; 05/11/2011 at 07:31 PM.
    NICE!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    what's a memo in webos?
    Sadly this isn't working on my pre+ 2.1. I can install it but after reboot no option "send to sms" appear in the memo-menu. I also would love the abbility to copy sms to memos!

Excuse my english wherever I've may failed
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Sadly this isn't working on my pre+ 2.1. I can install it but after reboot no option "send to sms" appear in the memo-menu. I also would love the abbility to copy sms to memos!

Excuse my english wherever I've may failed
    I'm not sure what the problem would be.

Did you install it using Preware?

Or did you use WebOS Quick Install?

Also did you restart your phone after installing the patch?

If it installs no problem the texting memo ability should be there once you fully restart your phone(holding down the orange/grey key, Sym key, and R key all at the same time).

The only other guess would be maybe it's because of language/country setting.

Does the pull down menu match the pictures? (Edit, Email memo...., delete, and help for the pull down menu choices or is it worded differently)

Keep me posted if it shows up or starts working.

If anyone else has ran into this problem please let me know. Thx
    Hi, thanks for responding!

I did use Preware as well as QI. And sure I did all kinds of reboot - many times till now

Thought I may have had to many patches installed. But also deleting other memo-patches, and even a complete reset of all patches did not make this one work.

The pull down menu just didn't change (edit, mail, delete, help) but its a german pre and the text is still in german language (bearbeiten, mail, loeschen, hilfe). That really may be the main problem.

Btw: there was no ipkg prob, patch installed perfectly...

Best regards,
    Balrog
  13.    #13  
    @ Balrog

Thank you for pointing this out to me I'm sure I will add all the other countries/languages that are available in the near future now that I know this issue.

I have attached a patch that should make it work correctly for you.

I am trying to work on adding all the countries/languages in one big patch, but seem to be running into issues so it might be a day or two.

For now here is the Patch that should make it fully functional for you now.

Keep me posted if it works for you.

You need to "install Both patches" and it should work.
    The patch in my first post and this one.
  14.    #14  
    Also if a Moderator could change the Title to reflect the Preware Patch name :

[Patch] Send Memo to Text Message

Thank you.
    Hey djgardn2,
    thank you so much! Works perfectly now If you really manage to include it in one patch that would be awesome! Only suggestion I'd have would be changing "Text memo..." to "Memo per SMS senden..." to match the german Palm-text "Memo per email senden...".
    Thank you for your work and please excuse I did'nt apply and test it earlier
    Greetz, Balrog
  16.    #16  
    Here are the patches for all countries/languages:

Note if you aren't using English as your main language you will need to install one of the following patches bellow.

(or install both if there is 2 versions for your language)

You also need to install the patch in my First Post Labeled :
    Text_Memo_Patch_1.patch

Also Note:
    changed de.patch to display : Memo per SMS senden...
  17.    #17  
    If anyone would be able to bundle all the patches into one patch file I would appreciate it and am sure other would too.

That way I could submit it to Preware for others to use.

I'm still stuck on getting them merged together without errors. I know I figured it out how to merge patches once before but seem to have forgotten how.

Feel free to PM me about tips/suggestions regarding merging the patch files together.

All 7 patches would need to be merged in post above this one (all 6 patches) and in my first post Text_Memo_Patch_1.patch.

Thanks...
    Please at least submit the english one to Preware

webOS-Patches Web Portal

Thanks
  19.    #19  
    @rmausser

English version is already available.

It's under the "messaging" section in Preware Patches.

Or just search for "Send Memo to Text Message" when in Preware.

It probably should be located in the Memos section but there wasn't a Memos section until I started making more Patches for Memos.

Available for 1.4.5 - 2.x.x versions.