1.    #1  
    Is there a patch update for that?
    I use the GES3D-black theme by garrett92c. It stands for glass effect suite. Changes backgrounds for launcher, just type and the top bar menus. Looks awesome and there are other colors available too.
    That one's good, I personally prefer Dark Glass 2.0 over GES.

Another good one, not transparent launcher pages but a good one from Garret, is Carbon OS.

Also your post reminded me of the Apple "There's an App for that!"

The WebOS motto should be: "There's a Patch for that!"
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #4  
    yea i just kinda prefer my phone to be on the bright side and not always dark and gloomy... i tried carbon os before but i switched back

so I guess we dont have anything like that then (for 2.1 cuz right now it's only 1.4 i think_? if there is it would be a PERFECT mate for switcharoo!
  5.    #5  
    or may be something not transparent but transparency reduced by at least 50% would be nice
    You could do something like this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #7  
    I see them on preware too... but I cant see the background image with them can I?

edit: hey, what happens if i pick a color from the GEL_colorpack and change the transparency to what I like then send it to my pre? (btw, how do i "send" to my phone? just copy and paste?)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    I see them on preware too... but I cant see the background image with them can I?

edit: hey, what happens if i pick a color from the GEL_colorpack and change the transparency to what I like then send it to my pre? (btw, how do i "send" to my phone? just copy and paste?)
    If you want to use your own background image, manually sending the files to the phone is the best way. This will replace the stock images. Keep in mind that the only way to get back to stock would be to send the stock images back to your phone. You can get those stock files from an extracted webOS Doctor.

You can use any image you like as long as it's named correctly and is the right size.

You can send files to your phone with WebOS Quick Install. Here's what it should look like:
  9.    #9  
    quick dumb question, if I use your image in the GEL pack, say back, and use Photoshop to change transparency of the png image then send it to the phone, would it work that way?

and as for stock image, I just need to go to usb mode to make a back up of it right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    quick dumb question, if I use your image in the GEL pack, say back, and use Photoshop to change transparency of the png image then send it to the phone, would it work that way?

and as for stock image, I just need to go to usb mode to make a back up of it right?
    Yep, that would work. You can modify the images however you like.

The stock images aren't accessible from USB mode. I attached them to this post in case you need them.

After you send the images to your phone, you need to Luna reboot or full reboot to see the new images.
    Attached Files Attached Files