1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am new to making Patches and this will be my first one I made but I wanted to check before posting it.

1) Is it okay to patch Pandora?

I know I have seen a patch or two for Pandora before.
    It doesn't alter anything major just something small.

I will post the patch here and explain what it does if I know that it is okay to do so.

I'll to submit to Preware if it is allowed and wanted/requested.

Thanks for the info...

See Post #3 for Patch

Last edited by djgardn2; 07/28/2011 at 04:12 PM.
  2.    #2  
    It disables the pop up banner at the start of new songs when using Pandora.

Any thoughts? Would that be okay?

Useful for when your screens off so it stays off instead of the screen turning on for a second or two at the start of every song.
  3.    #3  
    Here is the Patch to keep the screen off when the song changes.

Note: after removing/uninstalling the patch you must uninstall and re-install Pandora or else the app wont work correctly, after patch removal.

Works with any webOS version thats running v1.0.4 of the Pandora App. (1.4.5 - 2.x.x)

You can check the version of Pandora you have using the top left pull down menu and then clicking the "help" option

As requested,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 07/28/2011 at 03:57 PM.
    You can make a patch to do whatever you want. You arent "not allowed" to do anything. You're safe. lol. By the way, what version of webOS is this for?
  5.    #5  
    It should cover all versions 1.4.5 - 2.x.x, I will edit this post as soon as I test it again.

Edit:

Works on 1.4.5 and 2.x.x or any device running v1.0.4 Pandora app version
    Last edited by djgardn2; 07/28/2011 at 03:50 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Works with any webOS version thats running v1.0.4 of the Pandora App. (1.4.5 - 2.x.x)

You can check the version of Pandora you have using the top left pull down menu when inside the app and then clicking the "help" option
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    eliminate the six song skip limit. That would be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    eliminate the six song skip limit. That would be HUGE!
    I think thats all on Pandoras end. But Im not sure. That would be cool though.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Yup I posted a patch request roughly a year ago for that. Apparently it couldn't be done for some reason related to the database (I think). Plus there were some lame complaints about "abusing the system" from others, but of course killing the ads was OK with them lol...
  10.    #10  
    I was looking into making a change to next song patch using a keyboard key but couldn't complete it.

Maybe one day I will look into it again.