1.    #1  
    so can gonna someone please make to be able to have other sizes of the apps in 2.1 like it was in 1.4.5?
    Can't be done. The launcher is now lower level non-patchable code. We need HP to recognise that people want higher icon densities, and make it a user selectable preference.
    Yes i agree!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  4.    #4  
    so we need to let theme know I hate it like this what about a patch to hide the apps that I don't even use this is possible?
    Last edited by zalmy2; 05/06/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    so we need to let theme know I hate it like this and I don't even have the option to hide the apps that I don't even use this is possible?
    Well, I think we've been telling them we hate it. And homebrew community stepped up and fixed it, made it 100 times better. Yet, they don't have any clue what user wants. I hope they do little more research on this matter soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    so we need to let theme know I hate it like this what about a patch to hide the apps that I don't even use this is possible?
    Do what I do and create a special page for them after the system page. Keeps them out the way but accessible if you do ever need them.
    WHAT!!! Just got the Veer, added Preware... and now find this thread. Especially on the Veer, this is just pathetic. The stock icons on the dock row ARE smaller... perfect size, actually. Top bar with the page heading (which I've always thought was useless, or at least a colossal waste of screen space..) makes it so that you can barely see 3x3 on the screen. BOO! and I really miss the slick dark glass effect theme on launcher... have to check to see if that's still working too..

Patches made the Pre, so without some help, the Veer is probably going to go for a Pre3... but even then I'll want the icon density better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    WHAT!!! Just got the Veer, added Preware... and now find this thread. Especially on the Veer, this is just pathetic. The stock icons on the dock row ARE smaller... perfect size, actually. Top bar with the page heading (which I've always thought was useless, or at least a colossal waste of screen space..) makes it so that you can barely see 3x3 on the screen. BOO! and I really miss the slick dark glass effect theme on launcher... have to check to see if that's still working too..

Patches made the Pre, so without some help, the Veer is probably going to go for a Pre3... but even then I'll want the icon density better.
    I believe the background images can still be changed as it's just a matter of swapping some PNG images...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...pre-2-1-a.html
    Yeah this is terrible. The default icon appearances look ridiculous. I believe some of the reasoning behind it was because they were trying to make the launcher faster. Fail.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The 4x4 was probably one of my favorite patches back in the Pre Plus days. When I got the Pre 2 I was sad cause of no more 4x4. However, several months later, I don't miss the 4x4 patch one bit. Kind of like the look now.

ET
    Yeah, I might buy that on a Pre3... but on the Veer, it's just silly to waste the screen space. It's like the app catalog, with the bars on top and bottom, only like 2 1/2 apps show on the screen as you scroll.
    thanks for the pep talk because I fear I will miss this patch to much starting next week along with the delete email on notification patch
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    The 4x4 was probably one of my favorite patches back in the Pre Plus days. When I got the Pre 2 I was sad cause of no more 4x4. However, several months later, I don't miss the 4x4 patch one bit. Kind of like the look now.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Can't be done. The launcher is now lower level non-patchable code. We need HP to recognise that people want higher icon densities, and make it a user selectable preference.
    Is it possible to put it into a kernal modification?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi there, any news on this subject?
    Guess not :/
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme