Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    This patch changes Just Type to launch Universe when you click "Open URL", "Google", or any other Just Type thing. and should make Just Type only ever launch Universe.
    Now 2.0.1 Compattible!

    DISCLAIMER: This could potentially break Just Type, in its testing, it didn't. But it could. We take no responsibility if it does. Use at your own risk. Requires Universe Web Browser to function Properly. It will break Just Type if installed without Universe Web Browser installed. If you do not have Universe installed, uninstall this patch to return Just Type to working order.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by patrickc; 05/03/2011 at 09:33 AM.
  2. #2  
    Link to patch file?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Link to patch file?
    Added
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Added
    Thanks. Just wanted to see if we both came up with the same idea. lol

    Good job.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5. #5  
    It doesn't work!!!!






    (I mean, it doesn't work unless you have Universe installed)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It doesn't work!!!!






    (I mean, it doesn't work unless you have Universe installed)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think it's safe to assume that people won't install this patch if they don't have Universe installed... lol lol

    Even if they do, nothing bad will happen.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Thanks. Just wanted to see if we both came up with the same idea. lol

    Good job.
    Thanks. Its submitted to the Patch Portal. It should be in Preware soon
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that people won't install this patch if they don't have Universe installed... lol lol

    Even if they do, nothing bad will happen.
    Well, Just Type won't launch the stock browser. It probably won't launch any browser.. I haven't tried that yet.. Lol
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Well, Just Type won't launch the stock browser. It probably won't launch any browser.. I haven't tried that yet.. Lol
    With my SWW patch, I give people the option to launch their choice of weather app. If they don't have the app installed, nothing happens. No need to worry about it breaking anything.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10. #10  
    Is there no need to edit the params to work properly with Universe? From the appinfo.json of Universe, there's two different Quick Actions available, one for search and one for urls. So essentially, for those actions that require searching (just type) instead of those that launch urls (typing in a complete address, hitting a history item), you would want one instead of the other. So it may be better to create new functions in utils.jsjsjs ($say$, $launchUniverse$ $and$ $searchUniverse$) $and$ $then$ $search$ $the$ $global$-$search$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$ $for$ $every$ $instance$ $of$ $launchBrowser$ $and$ $insert$ $the$ $appropriate$ $function$.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11.    #11  
    It was the utils.jsjsjs $that$ $I$ $changed$. $Not$ $the$ $global$-$search$-$assistant$.$js$
  12. #12  
    Yes, I can see that, what I'm saying is, does the other file not need to be updated to account for the different params and situations you encounter when using Just Type?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13.    #13  
    in my experience, it didn't need to be altered
  14. #14  
    I'm using the Preware version of this patch. I did a Google search from Just Type, opened the Just Type preferences, deleted the Universe Quick Actions, moved some Quick Actions, closed preferences, started Just Typing and the entire scene was covered by a gray overlay and I was unable to tap any Just Type icons. The overlay looked like the one that appears when the App Menu is opened. A Luna Restart fixed the issue.

    UPDATE: I am able to reproduce the bug by just moving a Quick Action in the preferences. After that, the Just Type scene is untappable.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm using the Preware version of this patch. I did a Google search from Just Type, opened the Just Type preferences, deleted the Universe Quick Actions, moved some Quick Actions, closed preferences, started Just Typing and the entire scene was covered by a gray overlay and I was unable to tap any Just Type icons. The overlay looked like the one that appears when the App Menu is opened. A Luna Restart fixed the issue.

    UPDATE: I am able to reproduce the bug by just moving a Quick Action in the preferences. After that, the Just Type scene is untappable.
    I've had that bug before too. Nothing to do with the patch
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  16. #16  
    Will this patch be updated to work on OS 2.0.1. Us Verizon Pre 2 users are stuck there.
  17. #17  
    yeah +1 on the verizon patch please
  18. #18  
    hey it does work with 2.0.1 now if i could set universe as default browser i would be happy.
    thanks a lot.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Will this patch be updated to work on OS 2.0.1. Us Verizon Pre 2 users are stuck there.
    I do not have a 2.0/2.0.1 phone to test on. If you can install the patch that is attached in the first post, and make sure it works. I'll update it accordingly
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    I do not have a 2.0/2.0.1 phone to test on. If you can install the patch that is attached in the first post, and make sure it works. I'll update it accordingly
    Its working so far for me on verizon pre 2 webos 2.0.1 and thanks again.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions