Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Its working so far for me on verizon pre 2 webos 2.0.1 and thanks again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Submitted an update to it tonight, should be available to 2.0.1 users soon
    EDIT: It is now available for 2.0.1 users
    Last edited by patrickc; 05/03/2011 at 09:32 AM.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    umm this patch I believe broke my web browser . I still use the web browser that came with the phone . And any time I try to open it with links on my launcher it just brings up blank pages . Also I sometimes get blank pages when opening links in universe web browser. And now when ever I open a web page that has a sign in box . I tap the box to type my user name and the cursor is there . I start to type and search opens up and the First letter still goes into the sign in box but search opened and anything else I typed ends up in the search box . WTH
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm this patch I believe broke my web browser . I still use the web browser that came with the phone . And any time I try to open it with links on my launcher it just brings up blank pages . Also I sometimes get blank pages when opening links in universe web browser. And now when ever I open a web page that has a sign in box . I tap the box to type my user name and the cursor is there . I start to type and search opens up and the First letter still goes into the sign in box but search opened and anything else I typed ends up in the search box . WTH
    1: do you have Universe Web Browser installed?
    2: Universe does that to me all the time (the 1 letter, then searching bookmarks)
    It's happening to me as well. I do have Universe but not the patch, so, t's not the patch's fault.

Do you have other browser patches/tweaks?
    Can you do a 1.4.5 Universal Search version? Pretty please?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Can you do a 1.4.5 Universal Search version? Pretty please?
    I will talk with NuttyBunny and maybe work to try and get it 1.4.5 Compatible.
    Great, thanks.
    ok i can not switch back to my webOS web browser . it wont open any of my saved links on my web page ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well i need a patch to change it back please because it is not going back on its own ! can you do this please ? thanks for your help lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well i need a patch to change it back please because it is not going back on its own ! can you do this please ? thanks for your help lol
    Have you uninstalled it and it still won't work?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Shane, try installing/uninstalling a couple times. If that doesn't work, you may need to run EPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Have you uninstalled it and it still won't work?
    ive uninstalled and deleted universe and patch and web browser does not work at all unless i install universe . i would like to be able to use the default if i want to with just a switch in the preferences lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Shane, try installing/uninstalling a couple times. If that doesn't work, you may need to run EPR.
    i shouldnt have to run epr for just a stinkin just type patch !! lol really
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i shouldnt have to run epr for just a stinkin just type patch !! lol really
    Ok, the patch JUST calls universe instead of the browser app. If it opens universe for you ELSEWHERE, you must have installed the Universe version that could be registered as default app, and you set it up as the default app.

The patch doesn't do that and it can't fix that either.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    it was this patch that messed up my phone dude
    it was fixed when i ran epr like my buddy garrett suggested . ! thanks garrett !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    well i have to doctor now ! lol what fun
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Why's that?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  18.    #38  
    Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. Why do you have to doctor??
    because of my patch? It shouldn't so anything like that
    something happened that caused the webOS browser to completely stop loading pages, only universe would work . then i did epr and that i thought worked until i tried to reinstall my patches lol they all get stuck and wouldnt uninstall so i had to doctor.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    something happened that caused the webOS browser to completely stop loading pages, only universe would work . then i did epr and that i thought worked until i tried to reinstall my patches lol they all get stuck and wouldnt uninstall so i had to doctor.
    It wasn't this patch, the problem is with the browser tweaks, that patch is not working correctly. I can't open any URLs from Carbon while it's installed. I uninstalled it and now my browser is working correctly.

So, now I'm going over their thread to see what we can fix

NEXT TIME, INSTEAD OF ASSURING THAT THIS PATCH KILLED YOUR CAT, PLEASE BE SURE OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12