Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is a thread for the Browser Behavior and Options Tweaks patch so I can submit it to Preware. It is a Tweaks version of the MegaMix patch. It is compatible with the Sharing Super Mix patch.

This patch includes the ability to:

- Go fullscreen
    - Auto Hide Page Icons
    - Disable Landscape Gesture Scroll
    - View Source
    - Enable Private Browsing

This combines multiple broswer patches of fritos1406 and the suggestions of chrislo, as well as the work of mamouton, Micah N Gorrell, and Jason Robitaille.

It should work okay except if you enable fullscreen and you start the browser from a launcher icon, it doesn't start in fullscreen until you start scrolling. Probably has something to do with where I put the function to get the Tweaks keys from. I'll look into it later, I wanted to get it out though since I took out Enable Private Browsing in the Sharing Super Mix update.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Glad to see more patches utilizing Tweaks.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    excellent look forward to downloading it.
    Sick. I'll keep hitting "update feeds" until my finger hurts.
  5.    #5  
    Well, it hasn't been approved yet, so don't break them or anything. When it gets approved, I'll post.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    so this will make it so you have to open Tweaks to switch in & out of private browsing? If so, can't say I like that. Its very handy as is as a menu choice.
  7.    #7  
    No, it's still a menu item, Tweaks toggles whether it will be in the menu or not.

Landscape scroll, however, is no longer a menu item and that probably won't change.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Can you provide a .patch file for those of us who are too impatient and hopped up on coffee to wait?

Sincerely, everyone in Generation Y.
  9.    #9  
    Well, it really is just like the other patch, nothing major....the thing is, I didn't want to just post the patch, because I'd have to give you the .json file too and I don't want people having a .json file they put in themselves and the .json file from Preware. Someone's bound to forget to remove it or install over top of it etc etc
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    ah, ok. Ill wait for the preware install then. Thanks
    For some reason I had the browser tweak on my Pre 2, but after an update I can't no longer see it. It's not under tweaks, not under Preware... Anywhere...
    I'd love to be able to install this, but apparently it's incompatible with the New Card Button and the Bookmarks Tile Button patches! This is a deal breaker for me because those are my two most important patches. Is there any way to add this compatibility so I can use your great tweak? Thank you!
    For some reason, my bookmarks don't open after installing this patch. I just get a big white screen.

The only way to get something to display is to type into the URL bar and choose the bookmark link from the dropdown.
  14.    #14  
    Eh, it worked fine when I tested it on my own, so I haven't the slightest. Oh well. Just uninstall it for now, I've a project to work on and don't really know when I'll get to fixing it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    My bookmarks show up, but every page I try to load is blank white after installing. If this is a universal issue, it should be pulled from Preware.
  16.    #16  
    Preware sometimes cuts the patch differently than the Unified Diff, so it works differently, plus I have no idea what other patches everyone has installed. It worked fine when I uploaded it.

It doesn't need to be pulled, I'll update it when I have time. The patch has clear as day to come to this thread if you have a problem, where you'll find I said I will fix it and can thus use the good sense you were hopefully born with and uninstall it until I do.

But it bothers you that much, shoot Rod an email and tell him to pull it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Just tried this patch on my Pre2 and everything works fine.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  18.    #18  
    I'm not sure what happened, but I will fix it, just give me some time guys. I do have a project it's pretty important I finish and with the patches and the state of my WOSQI, the luna-restarting, adding, diffing, it gets tedious and the project is tedious and nerve-wracking, so I need to save my nerves for the project. I shouldn't even be on this thread right now, tbh. But anyway, I'll get to it, I'm not brushing it off.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I only suggested it be pulled to give you time to fix it without 1000 people whining about it on this thread. That's all. Not accusing you; I really appreciate the work of the patch devs, as they make webOS the platform of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JishHD View Post
    I'd love to be able to install this, but apparently it's incompatible with the New Card Button and the Bookmarks Tile Button patches! This is a deal breaker for me because those are my two most important patches. Is there any way to add this compatibility so I can use your great tweak? Thank you!
    THIS ^^

I second this as well. Please implement these features or at least allow them to be used.

Other than that, this patch is EXCELLENT. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast