Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    After installing this patch on my Pre2, no url in sms/tweetme/wirc is opened. Browser opens but without any url loading
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    My bookmarks show up, but every page I try to load is blank white after installing. If this is a universal issue, it should be pulled from Preware.
    yeah. Essentially nothing loads from the 'home'/bookmarks page. Clicking any one of the bookmarks or typing in a URL gives me a white screen. Same with Just Type launching google or links from History. Using the refresh button on the white page doesn't do anything.

the only way I've found to open a URL is to type it into the URL bar after getting a 'white' page.
  3.    #23  
    Yes, I noticed...please see the other comments, thanks.

I'm going to try to fix it today so ppl stop bugging me, as for those other things, not happening soon, sorry.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #24  
    Hey, I figured out what the problem is, a line I thought I took out of Sharing Super Mix is still in there and it's mucking up everything in the Behavior and Options Tweaks that modifies anything after that line. I'll push updates for both, the update for Behavior and Options will make it compatible with the New Card Button and Bookmarks List/Tile button patches.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, I figured out what the problem is, a line I thought I took out of Sharing Super Mix is still in there and it's mucking up everything in the Behavior and Options Tweaks that modifies anything after that line. I'll push updates for both, the update for Behavior and Options will make it compatible with the New Card Button and Bookmarks List/Tile button patches.
    Thanks a lot! I wasn't trying to hassle you. Just wanted to put out a complete description of what i was seeing.
  6.    #26  
    The updates are now in Preware. Make sure to update the Sharing Super Mix patch, too. Also, another update coming for this patch, I changed the hide icon behavior and forgot to add the Tweaks key check, so they hide whether you tweak it off or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    After installing this patch on my Pre2, no url in sms/tweetme/wirc is opened. Browser opens but without any url loading
    I Demand This Patch to be Fixed Right Now!!!!!!!

Just kidding!!

Hey malpha, I checked with lumberjack, I think maybe there's a typo on one of the preferences, I get an error about a "undefined" preference. I'll try to check on it later and see if I can find something about it.

BTW... people were bashing our "change default browser to universe" patch, they were saying that it was the problem

Nice idea you had to get all the patches together in this one, Thanks!!!

(Of course, I may be wrong and the culprit can be the Browser Sharing patch)

Code:
    2011-05-04T15:09:32.277709Z [36609] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.browser: Cannot read property 'enabled' of undefined, palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104
    2011-05-04T15:09:32.312164Z [36609] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.browser: EXCEPTION [ready]:      at PageAssistant._getStartupUrl (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs:$1133$:$2$)     $at$ $PageAssistant$.$ready$ ($file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$page$-$assistant$.$js$:$591$:$12$)     $at$ $Object$.$assistantReady$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$162$:$464$)     $at$ $Object$.$setup$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$166$:$6$)     $at$ $Object$.$_addScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$247$:$313$)     $at$ $Object$.$pushScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$245$:$333$)     $at$ $Object$.$_syncPushOperation$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$218$:$344$)     $at$ $Object$.$op$ ($InstallPrototypeBuiltIn$:$282$:$23$)     $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework298$:$223$:$114$)     $at$ $Object$.$onComplete$ ($InstallPrototypeBuiltIn$:$282$:$23$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 05/04/2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added log
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Ok, it's the Private Browsing part of the patch.

If I comment these lines:
    if (this.togglePrivate.enabled) {
    return;
    }

it works again. It seems like it's not defining togglePrivate

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
  9.    #29  
    Are you saying the Private Browsing isn't working or the entire patch? I downloaded the current versions from Preware, everything checks out except the fullscreen still requires you to scroll first, not sure how to fix that.

That part of the patch was what was calling a problem in the last version, when I took Private Browsing out of Sharing Super Mix, I left a tab at that line that made it into the patch and conflicted with that part of this patch, but with the updates to both SSM and this patch, it should work now.
    I'm saying that after updating both patches, it doesn't work on my Pre 2, but it works if I comment those lines that call the togglePrivate variable.
    The funny thing is that after uninstalling them both, and then reinstalling them, it seems to work
    And yes, it was just after you moved the Private Browsing from one to the other!

Glad to see it works after reinstalling. Thanks!

11.    #31  
    Thanks, I wasn't sure whether one would need to uninstall/reinstall.

Also, the Private Browsing setting somehow carries over when you close the browser now instead of going back to disabled when you close the window, so I'll try to fix that back to the way it was tonight.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm still getting the blank white pages with the new versions.
    Uninstall this and the sharing patches. Reboot device, Reinstall both patches, reboot device. Test.

Worked on mine

14.    #34  
    Did you delete and reinstall them?

If so, can you please list the patches you have installed for the Browser. I deleted and downloaded the patches again from Preware, and the blank page issue was gone.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

If so, can you please list the patches you have installed for the Browser. I deleted and downloaded the patches again from Preware, and the blank page issue was gone.
    I only deleted/reinstalled the browser behavior patch. I'll delete the other and reinstall both and see what happens.
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

I only deleted/reinstalled the browser behavior patch. I'll delete the other and reinstall both and see what happens.
    All better!
    shenanigans! you guys have had my browser hosed for a month!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytaylor85 View Post
    shenanigans! you guys have had my browser hosed for a month!
    You should read the forums more often, this was fixed ages ago

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

i had everything updated to current versions. Oh well.
    It's a perfect patch! can it be updated to support veer 2.2.4?
    Vistaus likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12