1.    #1  
    Hey guys, first post. So today I heard my friends ringtones, whenever he gets a text it will say, message from: (contact name). For example if Chris texted me it would say message from: chris. Does anyone know how to get this to work on webos? Idk if this thread is in the right section.

Also could this work on phone calls? For example when Chris calls it would say, call from: Chris.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    +1

Wow, this would be a cool patch.

Hope it can be done.
    there is an app in the catalog that has prerecorded ringtones with many popular names. I use it for my wife and kids.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is an app in the catalog that has prerecorded ringtones with many popular names. I use it for my wife and kids.
    That's not exactly what I'm looking for, I don't want to have to go in and set each name for each contact ringtone.
    if you want it to be automatic, you will need a a way to do text to speech from either the caller-ID value or the First/Last name fields associated with the contact record on the phone.

What phone does your friend have? I don't know of any smartphone that does that. I have seen that as an "accessibility" feature on a friend's home phone, designed to assist a blind person in hearing the caller ID info. Haven't seen it on a smartphone. Did you ask him what was actually doing that?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you want it to be automatic, you will need a a way to do text to speech from either the caller-ID value or the First/Last name fields associated with the contact record on the phone.

What phone does your friend have? I don't know of any smartphone that does that. I have seen that as an "accessibility" feature on a friend's home phone, designed to assist a blind person in hearing the caller ID info. Haven't seen it on a smartphone. Did you ask him what was actually doing that?
    Idk what phone. It's an old version all touchscreen phone. This is what it does... "A message from, Chris" then it will play his ringtone after that
  7.    #7  
    It is an lg chocolate touch
  8.    #8  
    It's called, caller I'd readout, if this helps at all
    I think this may need more of an app than just a patch. I know the Sanyo SCP-3810 has this feature also, its pretty cool.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    I think this may need more of an app than just a patch. I know the Sanyo SCP-3810 has this feature also, its pretty cool.
    Yeah maybe, I just didn't know where to put this thread
    My Sanyo Incognito did that.. But I don't think its possible without being official.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Hi, I was asking for similar patch for calls. Symbian did this like five years ago. And you can buy app for Android.
    +1