1.    #1  
    On webOS 1.4.5 I used the USCL (Universal Search Command Line) tool for a lot of different searches. In webOS 2.1, the "just type" command has covered a lot of those uses, but the one I used the most doesn't seem to be available.

I'd for Gmail to be a search command available from just type. I don't download all my mail to my Pre because that would be several thousands of messages. But I often want to search for something on gmail, so I used the web interface on my Pre.

It doesn't look like Gmail uses the "open search protocol", so it isn't listed as being available to add to the "just type" options. Is there any way to add this option via a patch?
    this is already available in 2.1. Just go to your preferences and add the email option to your searches.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    this is already available in 2.1. Just go to your preferences and add the email option to your searches.
    The email option only searches email stored locally on my device. I have over 51K emails in my gmail account from the last six years, so when I want to search for something, I want to search on the web interface. Searching gmail on the web isn't currently an option for "just type."
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Done. I created a OpenSearch Description file and linked to it from the webpage below. If you hit it from a webOS browser (tested with a Pre 3 and TouchPad), you should (eventually) see the little magnifying glass icon notification show up indicating that you now have a Gmail search option available.

Gmail OpenSearch

Enjoy. :-}
    Excellent. Awesome solution.