Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Description: This will bring out the Agenda mode from Exhibition to the launcher to be opened at will. Opening this way also frees up landscape mode for Agenda. This will not override Exhibition mode so Exhibition mode will come up normally if device is on the touchstone.

This can go by until a real agenda app is avail on webos 2.x

This has been tested on a Palm Pre 2 using 2.1.0 and Pre Plus using Webos 2.1.0 metabuild.

Note: Your device MUST have webos 2.1.0, any earlier version does not have exhibition thus this patch will not work. This means currently the Verizon Pre 2 is not compatible

Instructions: Download the patch attachment below and install it using webOS Quick Install. Can also drop the patch onto your USB of the device and install it through Internalz. PLEASE CHOOSE THE CORRESPONDING LANGUAGE your device is set to or the patch will not work. Currently have options for English and German, if you language is not here, please hit me up and ill make it. Will merge em all once i solve the problem with merging patch files. It is also avail in preware to install from there too.

Known issue: Agenda will not launch if Agenda is currently selected in exhibition mode. Switching to any other mode in exhibition will let you launch the Agenda from launcher. Limitation that you cannot have the same app running twice, running through exhibition and then through launcher.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/24/2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Good idea, this is one thing I miss from my Android phone, they had an Agenda widget which was helpful at times, but this will work great!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #3  
    I have reloaded the patch attachment to address typo discovered, mainly an aesthetic fix.

the patch is installed but the icon isn't showing up in the launcher.

thanks for your help on this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    the patch is installed but the icon isn't showing up in the launcher.

thanks for your help on this.
    From your other post, I found you have the Verizon Pre2 running on a stock ROM which means webos 2.0.1. This patch is only compatible with 2.1.0 for 2.1.0 has the software (exhibition bundle) this patch can expose

Updated the documentation above to include this tidbit and thanks for the reminder.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/22/2011 at 01:14 AM.

ahh. thank you anyway.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    ahh. thank you anyway.
    NP, at least the patch is here whenever the Verizon Pre 2 2.1.0 patch becomes avail. Can't be that far behind.

but the patch is also not showing the icon on palm pre with webos 2.1.
    the patch is correctly installed. I hae opened the installed file and the icon is visible=true....

what is the mistake?? In exhibition it is not selected or started..
    Works for me... Gsm pre2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kadir View Post
    but the patch is also not showing the icon on palm pre with webos 2.1.
    the patch is correctly installed. I hae opened the installed file and the icon is visible=true....

what is the mistake?? In exhibition it is not selected or started..
    +1
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by talorin View Post
    +1
    Which specific device you have? Can you find it through a Just Type search? Any other exhibition patches installed? Try a restart from device info rather a luna restart.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just installed it and it works for me.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I have a german Pre - with webos 2.1.
    as I told before, the patch is installed but no icon visible... there are no other exhibiton patches either govnah..but all are deactivated..
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kadir View Post
    I have a german Pre - with webos 2.1.
    as I told before, the patch is installed but no icon visible... there are no other exhibiton patches either govnah..but all are deactivated..
    +1
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    oh man, is there ANY way the agenda could be written to list events upcoming for like 2 weeks?? ANY way?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  16.    #16  
    Hmm so far the german pre plus are not working, do they use a different build of 2.1 ? Gonna download the doc and look it up.

17.    #17  
    Hmm what language are you using on the device? Can you set it to english to see if all the sudden the icon shows?

18.    #18  
    Ok for those not seeing the icon I have replicated the issue, happens when english is not the set language of the device. Im gonna fix and repost an updated patch asap.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    oh man, is there ANY way the agenda could be written to list events upcoming for like 2 weeks?? ANY way?
    Is this possible, OP?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  20.    #20  
    Yes it is but thats mean rewriting the app from scratch, might as well make a whole new app to do this for putting that much info in the current scene wouldn't look right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast