1.    #1  
    Is there any way I can get an installed patch from my phone, onto my computer? I want to use a patch in a theme that I made, but i don't have any way to download it.

Thanks
    In general a patch is manipulating (changing/adding/removing) existing apps/code.
    You can download the .patch file and look into it or you can copy the result of the patch.
    In the .patch file you can see what app/code gets manipulated and you see at which line the patch is doing what.
    You can get info about the format on the web e.g. here or here.
    Pick which webOS version in the below link, find and download the patch. Use 7zip to open the ipk file and extract just the .patch part.

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/19/2011 at 11:12 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Forgot to mention, to best view the patch, I use Notepad+ (free, and so is 7zip)
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/19/2011 at 11:13 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Forgot to mention, to best view the patch, I use Notepad+ (free, and so is 7zip)
    +1 for Notepad++ and 7zip! I do all my work in Notepad++
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Pick which webOS version in the below link, find and download the patch. Use 7zip to open the ipk file and extract just the .patch part.

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Thanks! This is exactly what i needed. I tried to look on the internals site but i couldn't find anything like this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    +1 for Notepad++ and 7zip! I do all my work in Notepad++
    I'll look into notepad++. Great work on your carbon os and weather widget btw! Now if only I had a pre 2