1.    #1  
    I'm surprised none has done this yet.. This with the bookmarks button patch would be invaluable

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    would be nice to have this lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Really??? No one is interested??..

Oh well... Another idea that I had that won't produce results ...lol

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    would be nice to have this lol
    Not that you're no one.. Just not one that can help.. Unless you can rally the troops

5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Actually once you think about it, its a good idea. I always thought it was weird that it opened to the bookmarks view.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Actually once you think about it, its a good idea. I always thought it was weird that it opened to the bookmarks view.
    Yea.. What's up with that!! Lol.. I want my browser to act .. Well like a browser.. I think ie4 and netscape heck any browser I can remember had this.. :/

SOMEONE gimme IE4!!!

There is a browser that does that now.

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    So you make smack yourself in the head when I tell you this... But all you have to do is go to the page you want for your home page (google for example). Go to the "Web" menu at the top. Go to "Page" then "Add to Launcher" Give it whatever icon you want then move it to where your browser was in the launcher and shove your actual browser in a corner somewhere. Use this new icon anytime you need to use the browser now

- Phil -
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Wow... never knew that! Thanks for the tip!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    So you make smack yourself in the head when I tell you this... But all you have to do is go to the page you want for your home page (google for example). Go to the "Web" menu at the top. Go to "Page" then "Add to Launcher" Give it whatever icon you want then move it to where your browser was in the launcher and shove your actual browser in a corner somewhere. Use this new icon anytime you need to use the browser now

- Phil -
    Problem is .. It doesn't survive a dr or a phone swap etc..

And you can't always use save/restore.. I would rather one home page than 20 shortcuts to bookmarks on my launcher..

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    There is a browser that does that now.

Yea.. But it has so so reviews and I really only need this patch left..

Private browsing patch? Check
    Button for bookmarks? Check?
    Scrollbars? Check
    Open to homepage? Nope not yet..

That's when its a complete browser

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I would rather one home page than 20 shortcuts to bookmarks on my launcher..
    You sound like you're confused as to what is being suggested.

You only need 1 shortcut on your launcher.

A shortcut directly to your "home page". It takes 3 seconds to create. You can even name it "Web".

Follow the directions he posted and your browser will open to your home page every single time you open it. And Save/Restore will back it up and restore it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    You sound like you're confused as to what is being suggested.

You only need 1 shortcut on your launcher.

A shortcut directly to your "home page". It takes 3 seconds to create. You can even name it "Web".

Follow the directions he posted and your browser will open to your home page every single time you open it. And Save/Restore will back it up and restore it.
    Not confused at all.. I know exactly what he meant and what I said...

I know how to make a launcher shortcut.. And that's NOT the solution I'm looking for.. For a variety of reasons..

Homepage in browser is simplest and clean.. No other icons.. I want to tap web and get to my homepage..

Page launcher icons never look as good..

I don't like doing a save restore because I have had it where I lost bookmarks with it.. I won't go deeper into it as this is OT..

please if you can fulfill the request than great.. Otherwise no need for criticisms..

If no one fulfills the request than that's fine.. I'm not looking to debate, its a reasonable request for MY needs..

Same with the alarm clock .. But that's for another thread

I agree 100%. Would love to have a home button in the browser. I hate that stupid card bookmark screen, it's useless.
    [QUOTE=sketch42;2934032]Problem is .. It doesn't survive a dr or a phone swap etc..

And you can't always use save/restore.. I would rather one home page than 20 shortcuts to bookmarks on my launcher..

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

why not just use save/restore? It does work to repopulate these icons (I should know, I wrote the script!!!). I have a launcher page with about 25 icons and love it!