Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I get an error when trying to download the file. But when u fix it ill test it out. also could u clean it out a bit i tried the 1.1 or 1.2 and they both dont work with any other topbar patch and i really dont wanna loose my battery percent
  2. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    this patch had been working flawlessly all day, and tonight it started saying error1 where the temperature had been.

i wonder if it's a yahoo! error or from the patch.

ETA: must have been yahoo! because the temp is back now.
    Last edited by GFS; 04/10/2011 at 08:37 PM.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    this patch had been working flawlessly all day, and tonight it started saying error1 where the temperature had been.

i wonder if it's a yahoo! error or from the patch.

ETA: must have been yahoo! because the temp is back now.
    You won't have to worry about those error messages in the next version.

I'll have it uploaded tomorrow morning. The wedding that I'm at has am open bar, do I'm pretty toasty right now haha. Not in the work patch mood haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

I'll have it uploaded tomorrow morning. The wedding that I'm at has am open bar, do I'm pretty toasty right now haha. Not in the work patch mood haha
    Lol at the little toasty!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Great looking patch!

Unfortunately, it seems to conflict with your batt%/cpu temp patch!

Also, I was using Date as Carrier patch. It would be nice if you could combine date and time at the center of the top bar. (i.e. MMM-DD HH:MM).

Are you working on compatibility between not only your own patches, but Sconix's?

Keep up the good work.
    Check this out

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-top-bar.html

Works with 24 hour time also
  6. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

rock on! can't wait! have a good night, sir!

ETA:
    this patch is not compatible with the advanced system menus framework, as was mentioned previously i believe.

as far as i can tell, this makes the patch incompatible with the new Tweaks app from webOS internals. I'm going to uninstall it to check out Tweaks. I hope you are able to find a way to make them all play nice together.
    Last edited by GFS; 04/11/2011 at 09:46 AM.
  7.    #167  
    rock on! can't wait! have a good night, sir!

ETA:
    this patch is not compatible with the advanced system menus framework, as was mentioned previously i believe.

as far as i can tell, this makes the patch incompatible with the new Tweaks app from webOS internals. I'm going to uninstall it to check out Tweaks. I hope you are able to find a way to make them all play nice together.
    I'm going to stop working on this patch until the documentation for Tweaks gets released. No point to do anything until then...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm going to stop working on this patch until the documentation for Tweaks gets released. No point to do anything until then...
    I installed tweaks, but in the end, I found the weather patch to be more useful in action than I did all the customization options I barely used. I guess I just like the stock 2.1.0 more than most. Reinstalled your patch, looking forward to the update when its available.

also, is there any documentation available for the advanced menus framework already available? Its not as new as Tweaks itself.
  9.    #169  
    I installed tweaks, but in the end, I found the weather patch to be more useful in action than I did all the customization options I barely used. I guess I just like the stock 2.1.0 more than most. Reinstalled your patch, looking forward to the update when its available.

also, is there any documentation available for the advanced menus framework already available? Its not as new as Tweaks itself.
    You can try out this new version (1.3):
    Statusbar Weather Widget - Choorp Studios

I did some more testing with it and it should be fixed now. Here is a bit of info about v1.3:
    SWW 1.3:
    - Upon first launch, the GPS will be utilized to get your current location. If you do not use GPS, SWW will use the default values set in the patch file.
    - SWW is now always displayed in the statusbar. You can still access app menus by swiping down from the top-left area of your screen.
    - SWW now checks for a data connection before updating the weather. If no data connection is present, the widget will keep displaying the weather data that’s already there.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    There are lots of people stuck at 1.4.5... What about us?
    No one tested the 1.4.5 patch I made on a clean device.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Okok, I'll doctor my Backup-Pre to get a clean and shiny 1.4.5 (as soon as the battery charged) to give it a go...
    No need to Doctor, just gotta get rid of all top bar patches.
    So I had to doctor my pre again the other day. I decided to install this patch instead of the Advanced patches. I honestly think I made the right choice. I love how this looks up at the top. Plus, most of the advanced patches can be installed in they're individual form anyway. I had a question though, I know it updates every 30 minutes, but does it update every 30 minutes starting from when its installed or every 30 minutes in exact increments of (for example) 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, etc. I would just like to know when MY weather is updating or how long ago it updated. Also, what part of the patch can I edit to change the update times?
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    So I had to doctor my pre again the other day. I decided to install this patch instead of the Advanced patches. I honestly think I made the right choice. I love how this looks up at the top. Plus, most of the advanced patches can be installed in they're individual form anyway. I had a question though, I know it updates every 30 minutes, but does it update every 30 minutes starting from when its installed or every 30 minutes in exact increments of (for example) 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, etc. I would just like to know when MY weather is updating or how long ago it updated. Also, what part of the patch can I edit to change the update times?
    The timer starts right after the luna-reboot following that patch install.

You can change the update interval by editing this line in the patch:
    + var weatherTimer = setInterval(this.getWeather.bind(this), 1800000);

Just change the number to whatever you want. By default, it's set at 30 minutes (1800000 milliseconds).

Hopefully, I'll be able to get this patch compatible with those Advanced patches soon.
    The timer starts right after the luna-reboot following that patch install.

You can change the update interval by editing this line in the patch:
    + var weatherTimer = setInterval(this.getWeather.bind(this), 1800000);

Just change the number to whatever you want. By default, it's set at 30 minutes (1800000 milliseconds).

Hopefully, I'll be able to get this patch compatible with those Advanced patches soon.
    So it only changes after the first luna reboot after install. Every other luna restart after that has no affect on it?
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    So it only changes after the first luna reboot after install. Every other luna restart after that has no affect on it?
    It does get reset every time you reboot or luna-reboot. Sorry for being confusing... lol
    OK. Tested 1.3:

1. Love the always-visible, no-app-tab feature. Looks awesome.
    2. Stuck at "Getting Location..."
    3. Installed OK while I had Statusbar Device Stats already installed, but it appears to not only have over-written it, but Preware now says it is not installed!
    4. Tried to reinstall Statusbar Device Stats. Failed.
    1.3 is working perfectly for me. Can't wait to see some more features added to it (tap to see location/condition, etc...)

Great work Garrett.
    Sprint Love
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    OK. Tested 1.3:

1. Love the always-visible, no-app-tab feature. Looks awesome.
    2. Stuck at "Getting Location..."
    3. Installed OK while I had Statusbar Device Stats already installed, but it appears to not only have over-written it, but Preware now says it is not installed!
    4. Tried to reinstall Statusbar Device Stats. Failed.
    2. Do you have your GPS turned on?
    3. Try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility. That might make it show up in Preware again.
    4. Yea, it would fail if the files are still modified...

You seem to be pretty good at breaking stuff... lol lol
    2. Do you have your GPS turned on?
    3. Try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility. That might make it show up in Preware again.
    4. Yea, it would fail if the files are still modified...

You seem to be pretty good at breaking stuff... lol lol
    Waiting to get Tweakified.. Common wos-internals!!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  20. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have my old sprint pre "classic" I can run the 145 patch on. Got a link?
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast