Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The next version will be able to use GPS to get your location. It will also check for a data connection before updating the weather info.

Since I don't have a webos phone, I can't actually check if the GPS will work, but it should... lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Out of interest when/are you going to get another webos phone at somepoint?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Out of interest when/are you going to get another webos phone at somepoint?
    Hopefully I get one of those free dev Pre2's... If not, then I might get one when I'm eligible for an upgrade (depends which other phones are available at that time though). Hopefully T-Mo will have one by then. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Hopefully I get one of those free dev Pre2's... If not, then I might get one when I'm eligible for an upgrade (depends which other phones are available at that time though). Hopefully T-Mo will have one by then. lol
    Is there some way we can rally or petition for you to get one? We need to reward our devs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Is there some way we can rally or petition for you to get one? We need to reward our devs!
    I second that!!
  5.    #145  
    No, not really. If it's meant to be, then I'll get one. If not, oh well... lol lol
    No, not really. If it's meant to be, then I'll get one. If not, oh well... lol lol
    So, how is progress coming along? You seem to have created a lot of interest. These topbar patches are turning out to be awesome. Keep it up!
    if i come across a phone for free or cheap i will let you know buddy !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #148  
    So, how is progress coming along? You seem to have created a lot of interest. These topbar patches are turning out to be awesome. Keep it up!
    Well, I got the GPS set up to get your location. Also got it to check for a data connection before updating. Just need to get it a bit more organized.

I'll post a patch for testing shortly. I can't test the GPS myself...
    Well, I got the GPS set up to get your location. Also got it to check for a data connection before updating. Just need to get it a bit more organized.

I'll post a patch for testing shortly. I can't test the GPS myself...
    Just curious. Will it need the GPS, or will it use, say, your IP address if the GPS is off. I am sure there must be a general way this is handled in webOS, but obviously I don't know how that works.
  10. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    this looks so smooth. palm needs to buy this off you. thank you again.
  11.    #151  
    The testing update will be posted tomorrow. The wifi I was leeching died on me lol. Plus, I'm kind drunk, so... lol lol
  12.    #152  
    Just curious. Will it need the GPS, or will it use, say, your IP address if the GPS is off. I am sure there must be a general way this is handled in webOS, but obviously I don't know how that works.
    From what I've seen, the gps either works or it doesn't. Im trying to figure our a work a round.
  13. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    hey, i installed it while floating on post-root canal percocets, so we're kindred spirits! looking forward to updates!
  14.    #154  
    Someone with webOS 2.x wanna try this out?

Edit: Removed patch
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/10/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Someone with webOS 2.x wanna try this out?
    Failed for me. Weird because the last version installed but didn't display anything. This version just doesn't install, fails with following error:

16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Failed for me. Weird because the last version installed but didn't display anything. This version just doesn't install, fails with following error:

Well, I had to move some things around and add stuff. Looks like it's conflicting with another patch.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    The last version didn't conflict with anything, but it just didn't show up on the status bar. Oh yeah and it still says v1.2 in the patch, don't know if you want it that way...
    Failed for me as well. I have no top bar patches currently installed.

3 out of 9 hunks failed -- bar-assistant.jsjsjs
  19.    #159  
    Alright, well then I guess I need to fix it when I get home later tonight.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    BTW, are Sconix's changes to Advanced System Menus that showed up today going to help with patching the top bar? Were you aware of the work he is doing? Seems like there should be some meeting of the minds!
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast