Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #121  
    That's a good idea too.

I hate that I'm stuck in a car all day today and can't work on this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You'll need to use the 1.4.5 version that xiehq made and posted a couple pages back.

And yes, it's easy to change the polling rate by modifying the setInterval in the patch. I can do that for you when I get to my computer late tonight.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    yes, i'm waiting for you
    That's a good idea too.

I hate that I'm stuck in a car all day today and can't work on this patch.
    Don't you have a laptop? Laptop + freetether = Garret92C
    Sprint Love
    in the 1.1 patch do I still need to add my current location? So much stuff has been going on in this thread I'm a little bit lost.
    - Skinneejay -
    Yea, that's possible. I could just have the app tab completely transparent over top of the weather widget.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Well then hurry up and get back to your computer!
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    in the 1.1 patch do I still need to add my current location? So much stuff has been going on in this thread I'm a little bit lost.
    Yea..

I have the GPS auto locate halfway done for 1.2, but won't be at my computer for a while.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Don't you have a laptop? Laptop + freetether = Garret92C
    Laptop + old battery + no car charger = 30 mins of work. lol

Plus my battery is like half dead already.

Sent from my HTC HD2
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Well then hurry up and get back to your computer!
    I'm still like 5 or so hours from my destination... I might be able to get some work done later tonight though.

Sent from my HTC HD2
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't use a lot of patches, but this one is a must have. Thanks Garrett.
    And yes a transparent app tab would be nice.

EDIT: Suggestion: Instead of the error message on failure maybe leave the old info but color the text in red? So you can still see the wether from 2 hours ago?
    Yea, I'll definitely be doing that. Those error messages were just left in from when I was first trying to get this patch to work. lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Yea..

I have the GPS auto locate halfway done for 1.2, but won't be at my computer for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    How about replace the time with a stacked Date/Time display at the center of the top bar!!!

Wed Apr 6
    10:57 am
    So, once you have this patch complete, and the conflicts resolved, and the transparent app tab complete, this should be your next top bar patch.

Note I slightly simplified my earlier post above (got rid of year and seconds.)
    I can set it up so that it will switch between the two when you tap it. Would that be better?
    I think this might be a good solution. It seems like it will be difficult to show all info at once, but here is one solution. I would like to see how this looks, and how much screen real estate it takes up.

One View
    Code:
    Icon  Temp
          Forecasted condition  Forecasted High Low

i.e.

Icon  10C
          Partly Cloudy 12 4

(Maybe a smaller font could be used for the second line?)
    The other solution would be to tap on the display to switch between two views.

Two Views
    Code:
    1st View (Forecasted Condition)

Icon  Temp
          Forecasted Condition

i.e.

Icon  10C
          Partly Cloudy

2nd View (Forecasted High/Low)

Icon  Temp
          Forecasted High Low

i.e.

Icon  10C
          12 4
    OR:

Tapping the display cycles through all three views! Hmm.. Might make it easier for you to support only one version!
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/08/2011 at 04:01 PM.
    OK Garrett. Once you finish goofing off , here is your todo list:

(By the way, this is all tongue in cheek. I am so appreciative of all the work you are doing out of the goodness of your heart, and I don't take that for granted. I only wish I was a coder so that I could help. My contribution is to generate cool ideas and hopefully find someone to work on them. Please feel free to tell me to blow it out my ear any time you want. Back to my ideas...)

1. Finish the Statusbar Weather Widget.
    2. Resolve conflicts between Statusbar Weather Widget & Statusbar Device Stats & Sconix's patches
    3. Create Transparent App Tab patch
    4. Create Stacked Date & Time patch
    5. Work on Statusbar Device Stats v2

I have some ideas for Statusbar Device Stats v2...

I am a huge fan of the stacked version of Statusbar Device Stats, and Statusbar Weather Widget. I love the look of the two-line portions of the Statusbar. I feel that everything is still very readable, at least to my eyes.

So, my idea for either improving on Statusbar Device Stats, or creating a new patch, is to use half-size icons for all of the statusbar icons (i.e. Signal Strength, Wifi, Data, GPS, Bluetooth, Ringer Switch, Airplane Mode) and to stack them two-high, immediately to the left of the current Statusbar Device Stats.

Besides giving a consistent look with all the stacked goodness, it will create a bit more room for further ideas!

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/08/2011 at 10:00 PM.
    StatusbarWeatherWidget Installer for all WebOS Versions
    v 1.0 2011-Apr-9
    xiehq@treo8.com/bbs

1. This installer tries to overcome all uncompactable installation and uninstall issuses for StatusbarWeatherWidget on all WebOS versions.
    This installer refers the Install method to a patch named CallShow and improved the way installation.
    CallShow URL: in Chinese
    NOTE: StatusbarWeatherWidget and sconix's Mode Menu patch overlap eacher on my Pixi+ device for current 1.4.5.cfg file.

2. Organized the settings at the top of StatusbarWeatherWidget.jsjsjs $file$.
    UltraEdit, EditPlus, Notepad++ or EmEditor is recommended.

Code:
    		this.weatherID = "2151330";	// Enter your Yahoo Weather ID
    		this.weatherUnits = "c";	// Enter "f" or "c"... Must be lowercase!
    		this.weatherStatus = 1;		// Enter 0 for "High/Low"; Enter 1 for a text description of current conditions
    		this.updateIntervalMinutes = 30;	// Enter Weather update interval in minutes
    3. Install and Uninstall:
    unzip the compressed file.
    send the folder to USB root path (/media/internal/).
    Ex: StatusbarWeatherWidget_installer_for_all_webos_versions as the folder name.

Install, run the following commandTerminal, Putty or WQI: Tools->Linux Commandline)
    Code:
    		cd StatusbarWeatherWidget_installer_for_all_webos_versions
    		chmod u+x SWW*
    		./SWWInstall 1.4.5
    Uninstall, run the following command:
    Code:
    		cd StatusbarWeatherWidget_installer_for_all_webos_versions
    		chmod u+x SWW*
    		./SWWUNinstall 1.4.5
    If Luna is not restarted automaticly, restart Luna.

4. Change of StatusbarWeatherWidget v1.1
    When weather update error happens, show the weather tempreature and status in RED color instead of error1, error2 or error3.
    And also show an banner notification and vibrate for a short while.

5. Limits:
    currently only the WebOS 1.4.5 cfg file is included.
    for 2.x WebOS users please use Garrett's orignal patch file to install.
  15.    #135  
    Well, that's interesting...
    Well, that's interesting...
    There is another advantage that you can keep the main SWW code in one separate jsjsjs $model$ $file$.
    This patch is one of the things I have been looking for. It looks nice and elegant, and is just the right size.

I had to remove a few apps to get it working, but have managed to piece together a few top bar apps that will still run with this patch installed. Rotated Battery Icon and Percent, as well as Device Menu Megamix still work well, which is very cool.

Thank you kindly for the great patch, it is truly appreciated.
  18.    #138  

I managed to get a little bit of time to work on this today. Getting ready to head out for the night though. I should have the next version out in a couple days (depending on how much free time I can find to work on this).
  19.    #139  
    The next version will be able to use GPS to get your location. It will also check for a data connection before updating the weather info.

Since I don't have a webos phone, I can't actually check if the GPS will work, but it should... lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    I'll work on compatibility after I get the GPS auto locate set up. I need to make it so a user doesn't need to edit the patch in order to use it. lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Cant wait till it works with the other patches, saves me having accuweather open all the time.
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast