Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1056
Like Tree4Likes
    Hi folks,

first a thanku for the great work u doing here @Webos

now my problem with SWW

i own a pre, with uberkernel 2.1.0 its all running and the install of sww 2.1 over precentral had worked too, but after restarting luna i get only a ? in the symbol on the left corner ?

maybe anyone out there for helping me ?

additional, i cant do any changes by tapping @ the symbol
    Did you put the images inside a folder under /media/internal/.widgets/sww ?
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Did you put the images inside a folder under /media/internal/.widgets/sww ?
    hi marclh

indeed i have a rootfolder ".widgets" and the installer created a folder "weather" in it which i used to put the .png files in, and ive created a "sww" folder too, but the only icon i get is the loading icon with the ? in it
    all you should need to do is tap and hold it to reload the info. sometimes on startup the info does not get read correctly or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    all you should need to do is tap and hold it to reload the info. sometimes on startup the info does not get read correctly or something.
    could it be that i need any weather app, to get this working, because
    the only thing i get when tapping on the icon is the yahoo weather site, i think i am way to stupid, for this widged :P
    Sorry yes. If you hold on the far left a weather app will open. Hold just the the left of the clock. Where the text lines should be. That should update your gps and conditions.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ah graffix, worked.
    thanx for help
    yea, I'm having trouble uninstalling the patch via preware...may have to run EPR
    <<closed per OP request>>
  10.    #1010  
    Been getting lots of messages and emails, so I'm gonna post the latest SWW patches here. Only found the SWW2.1 ipk so far. Trying to locate the others...

A lot of my files got mixed up, shuffled around, and lost forever (not sure exactly what I lost yet) due to losing my webhost, failing hard drives, new computer, etc...

I'll add more files to this post as I find them.

I'm not even sure if this is the right ipk, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Edit1:
    I think I found the latest version that's compatible with sconix's patches. I attached it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Been getting lots of messages and emails, so I'm gonna post the latest SWW patches here. Only found the SWW2.1 ipk so far. Trying to locate the others...

A lot of my files got mixed up, shuffled around, and lost forever (not sure exactly what I lost yet) due to losing my webhost, failing hard drives, new computer, etc...

I'll add more files to this post as I find them.

I'm not even sure if this is the right ipk, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Edit1:
    I think I found the latest version that's compatible with sconix's patches. I attached it.
    I see the two zip files... which one is compatible with sconix's patches? The 2.1 file or the 2.2 file? I'm guessing the one that says "compat"...
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I see the two zip files... which one is compatible with sconix's patches? The 2.1 file or the 2.2 file? I'm guessing the one that says "compat"...
    Yea, the SWW2.2 patch is the sconix-compatible version.
    Tried the above with this result: (Pre 2, F14, All of sconix's advanced patches)
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    25 63204 25 16383 0 0 30.1M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 30.1M
    100 63204 100 63204 0 0 42.0M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 44.6M identify
    com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true} { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.postinst 2>&1

1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

2 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget from root... (offline root mode: not running com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.prerm) delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  14.    #1014  
    You have any other statusbar patches installed?

Looks like I need to try and find the other ipks...
    I had the 1.5 version of SWW installed, but removed it before attempting to install this one. I also use full screen wallpaper patch. Maybe I'll remove it & give this a try again...
    Edit: Not the full screen wallpaper patch
    Last edited by matteebee13; 07/09/2011 at 08:28 PM.
    I had to run EPR before I could install the 2.2 version, but then all of my patches installed fine after. For some reason I think SWW just needs to be in first.

On a side note...I don't know if this is something you can solve Garrett92C, or if it has to be sconix but when I have it displaying just the temp or temp and more info and I open anything that has an app menu (launcher, apps, etc.) after closing said app it'll show "Verizon" or whatever the current mode name is, on top of the temp (and) additional info. Does this make sense?
  17.    #1017  
    Oh yea, I remember that now. It's a problem I was trying to fix. Trying to work around the Advanced patches was proving to be difficult. I'll have to take a look at that again...
    Like I said, I don't know if you can do anything about that, I may need to talk to sconix about making some option in tweaks for if someone has SWW and Mode Menu.

By the way, as silly as it may sound, SWW breathes new life into my phone...for some reason it just doesn't seem complete without it. I hope you can continue to update SWW for future WebOS versions!
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Like I said, I don't know if you can do anything about that, I may need to talk to sconix about making some option in tweaks for if someone has SWW and Mode Menu.

By the way, as silly as it may sound, SWW breathes new life into my phone...for some reason it just doesn't seem complete without it. I hope you can continue to update SWW for future WebOS versions!
    I think I can fix that. I'm not sure how to yet. It's on my list of things to do though. I've just been really busy lately...

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I really like SWW too. I hope to get it on to the Touchpad someday.
    I ran the EPR to try your latest compat version. It installed ok but showed up as a black bar. I then ran into a real mess trying to reinstall all my patches and had to spend half a day manually fixing files that were somehow corrupted including my messaging app. I had to replace my /resources/de, fr, & in files oddly. Weird. Anyway, not blaming you at all just trying to warn others to be careful here. Still love the 1.5 version & have it reinstalled & running well.