Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1056
Like Tree4Likes
    Garrett, I think you need to start a new project!

Statusbar Info Widget (SIW)

A patch that replaces the Carrier String and the Clock on the topbar with the most important "live" info as configured by the user.

The user is able to use Tweaks to define a list of "Views" by creating Views as pairs of "Status Lines". Status Lines are single-line bits of info built-into SIW.

Tapping anywhere on the Widget advances the display to the next View in the user's list. That View will remain in place until the user taps the Widget to advance again. The Views will loop back to the first View after reaching the last View in the list.

Here are some example Views:

Date & Time
    Current Weather

Four-Day Forecast Conditions
    Four-Day Forecast Temps

Sunrise
    Sunset

Feels Like
    Wind

Next Calendar Event
    Next Calendar Event

Date & Time
    Next Calendar Event

Top Story from RSS Feed
    Top Story from RSS Feed

Dow
    Nasdaq

Most Recent NBA Game
    Most Recent NHL Game

Date & Time
    Most Recent NBA Game

Date & Time
    Dow

I have purposely stayed away from social apps because I think there are already a bunch of solutions for those apps, including apps that push notifications, etc. The purpose of this app should be to allow the user to have displayed at the top of the device the most important live info to him, info that doesn't require a reply or further action or already has notifications (like emails, SMS messages, tweets, etc.) Beyond that, if the user wants more info than what is presented, or wants to manage or act on that data, he should then launch the app of his choice to get the job done. SIW should be display-only. Keep it simple.

Suggestion: Keep SWW compatible with Sconix's Advanced patches. You have put in a bunch of time and effort, and people seem to like that. Consider developing SIW without Sconix compatibility.

Let me know what you think.
    that looks awesome, i would def forgo scionix patches for somthing like this. but also thanks so much for making sww compatible.
    anybody else having issues removing the first 2.2 test patch? i am trying to install the new one and i get an error from preware and quick install when trying to remove.

here is the log

begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.prerm 2>&1

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info

4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

ran an epr and everything seems to be ok.
    Last edited by graffix31; 05/18/2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    anybody else having issues removing the first 2.2 test patch? i am trying to install the new one and i get an error from preware and quick install when trying to remove.

here is the log

begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.prerm 2>&1

4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

ran an epr and everything seems to be ok.
    me too. After trying some times, it's gone in Preware but still in the top-bar and functional
    i ran an epr and it went away
    Here's how the Tweaks setting for SIW might look. I think it would be clean and simple.

You could release the first version of SIW with just a couple of Status Lines defined. Maybe you could draw on users to help with the coding of the individual Status Lines? I am not a coder, but I am will to roll up my sleeves and assist in any way possible -- providing websites, links, images, etc.

SIW Tweaks settings:

View 1:
    - Status Line 1 (drop-down list)
    -- Update Frequency (drop-down list)
    - Status Line 2 (drop-down list)
    -- Update Frequency (drop-down list)

View 2:
    - Status Line 1
    -- Update Frequency
    - Status Line 2
    -- Update Frequency

etc.

Status Line drop-down list:
    - none -
    Date & Time
    Time & Date
    Date
    Time
    Weather - Current
    Weather - 4Day Conditions
    Weather - 4Day Temps
    Weather - Sunrise
    Weather - Sunset
    Weather - Feels Like
    Weather - Wind
    Calendar - Next Event
    Calendar - Next Call
    Calendar - Next Meeting
    Calendar - Next Birthday
    Calendar - Next [STRING]
    News - Google Top News
    News - Google World
    News - Google Regional [REGION]
    News - Google Business
    News - Google Tech
    News - Google Entertainment
    News - Google Sports
    News - Google Health
    News - Google Politics
    News - Google News Search [TERM]
    News - RSS Feed [FEED]
    Market - Dow
    Market - Nasdaq
    Market - S&P 500
    Market - Oil
    Market - Gold
    Market - Stock Quote [SYMBOL]
    Currencies - CAD/USD
    Currencies - EUR/USD
    Currencies - USD/JPY
    Currencies - GBP/USD
    Currencies - [CURR1]/[CURR2]
    Sports - NBA Game
    Sports - NBA Team [TEAM]
    Sports - NHL Game
    Sports - NHL Team [TEAM]
    Sports - NFL Game
    Sports - NFL Team [TEAM]
    Sports - MLB Game
    Sports - MLB Team [TEAM]
    Sports - NCAA FB Game
    Sports - NCAA FB Team [TEAM]
    Sports - NCAA BB Game
    Sports - NCAA BB Team [TEAM]
    Sports - Soccer Game
    Sports - Soccer Team [TEAM]
    Sports - Nascar Race

The first View with "none" as both Status Lines would define the end of the list.

If the same Status Line is used twice in a given View, such as Calendar - Next Event, then the next TWO events are displayed on the two status lines.

Single Tap - Advance to next View. Wrap at end of list back to View 1.
    Tap Hold - Update View.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 05/20/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    If anyoen has problems removing sww before installing the new one. For the sww comp. with sconix uninstall the framework patch first then unistall sww. Then reinstall framework and install the new sww. Thats what worked for me. Hope that can help some people out.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    thanks for the heads up. good to know. i had to run an epr twice today. really like the new things in the new test build but the carrier string was a bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    thanks for the heads up. good to know. i had to run an epr twice today. really like the new things in the new test build but the carrier string was a bummer.
    me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ran into some problems and I don't have the time to fix it right now. Leaving in 6 hours and I still need to pack and sleep. lol

- Added options for short/long date
    - Increased delay when SWW loads after boot. Should give it more time to retrieve the Tweaks.
    - Fixed SWW text showing under app name
    - Added more descriptive info when SWW is updating
    - Carrier string displays when in Minimal view. Opening and closing an app makes the carrier string show again no matter what view you're in. I'm having a hard time working around sconix's patch with this issue. Will fix later.
    - I had to keep auto-updates disabled until I can fix it.

I really didn't get any time to test this, so I don't know if everything works right. I wish I could've added much more, but I ran out of time. I'll try to post an update while I'm up in PA.

This patch requires Advanced Menu Framework to function properly.
    1. I installed this version of the patch on my Sprint Pre Plus 2.1.0 and as you can see there is corruption in the graphic. This occurs after any app window is started and closed.

2. I read the comments following this post about uninstalling the framework patch before uninstalling 2.2 (prior version) and this worked for me as well.

3. Because of the corrupted graphics I went back to removed the newest version and it does not show up as a patch so I can't remove it. I attempted to use the ERU utility just in case it something was corrupted with negative results.

How can you remove the patch short of an EPR so I can go back to the first 2.2?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    He was in a hurry - I think it's better to wait until he has a chance to finish this and polish it a bit.
    Well i'm glad I could help some people out with the uninstall the framework patch before uninstalling the sww patch. Probably easier than trunning epr I suppose. I really love this patch it's so awesome, Escpecially since he has gotten it to be compatible with sconix stuff. Garret is the man he can really put together some sweet stuff.

Hey I was wondering how you guys get the HB Supporter text with your name when you post? I support it totally have donated money to quite a few people, Not like that matters I will continue to donate the community needs the support. But could someone maybe let me know how I could go about doing this? Thamks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    He was in a hurry - I think it's better to wait until he has a chance to finish this and polish it a bit.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    Well i'm glad I could help some people out with the uninstall the framework patch before uninstalling the sww patch. Probably easier than trunning epr I suppose. I really love this patch it's so awesome, Escpecially since he has gotten it to be compatible with sconix stuff. Garret is the man he can really put together some sweet stuff.

Hey I was wondering how you guys get the HB Supporter text with your name when you post? I support it totally have donated money to quite a few people, Not like that matters I will continue to donate the community needs the support. But could someone maybe let me know how I could go about doing this? Thamks guys.
    Hey 2 things. Have installed the latest patch and been able to remove it?

Also at the the HB Supporter I think PreCentral did it when there was a big fund raiser for webOS Internals.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I had a issue when trying to uninstall the sconix compat sww the test one garret made. I and soem other people couldn't get it to uninstall, I foudn that if you uninstall the sconix framework patch first then uninstall the sww it will work. Then reinstall the framework patch and install the new sww sconix compat patch. The people that were having the issue knew what I was talking about I think. If you don't understand or need help with it just message me and i'll try to explain what I did better or summin.
    I had a issue when trying to uninstall the sconix compat sww the test one garret made. I and soem other people couldn't get it to uninstall, I foudn that if you uninstall the sconix framework patch first then uninstall the sww it will work. Then reinstall the framework patch and install the new sww sconix compat patch. The people that were having the issue knew what I was talking about I think. If you don't understand or need help with it just message me and i'll try to explain what I did better or summin.
    Your suggestion worked for me with the first 2.2 patch but not the second. I ended up EPR'ing to remove it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It was only intended for the first one. I haven't tryed to uninstall the second one yet. But glad it did help you with the first one though. If I figure anything out on the second one I will definatly post it up on here guys.
    It was only intended for the first one. I haven't tryed to uninstall the second one yet. But glad it did help you with the first one though. If I figure anything out on the second one I will definatly post it up on here guys.
    Once installed does the newer version show up in Preware so it can be deleted. It did not for me. Can you check and see? Maybe I had a bad install.

Also are you getting the corrupted graphics that I did?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know what corrupted graphics you are talking about. You are aware that with the new patch if you open any new card or anything that the carrier string will appear underneath the sww text right? ANd as far as uninstalling the new sww patch it is in preware but not under patches it's under unknown. Hope that helps
    I don't know what corrupted graphics you are talking about. You are aware that with the new patch if you open any new card or anything that the carrier string will appear underneath the sww text right? ANd as far as uninstalling the new sww patch it is in preware but not under patches it's under unknown. Hope that helps
    Ya, that is what I mean. If you look at the picture my post #996 in this thread you can see that the graphics are corrupted for the SWW. Sprint still shows which makes the Widget hard to read.

I'm not going to attempt to install again until a newer version comes out. I don't think the patch showed up for me even under unknown but I may be wrong.