Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Speaking of updating, any luck with the auto-update in 2.2 sconix compatible version? If not, no worries - just afraid I missed something...
    Yea, it was my fault. I was having problems with the auto-update so I commented out the part that sets up the auto-updates. I forgot to uncomment it before making the patch. lol

It'll be fixed in the next patch. I'll post it either tonight or tomorrow.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, it was my fault. I was having problems with the auto-update so I commented out the part that sets up the auto-updates. I forgot to uncomment it before making the patch. lol

It'll be fixed in the next patch. I'll post it either tonight or tomorrow.
    Sweet! Thanks. BTW replaced your GESD3 Black with CarbonOS - it rocks too!
  3.    #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Sweet! Thanks. BTW replaced your GESD3 Black with CarbonOS - it rocks too!
    Thanks!
    Yes, but I'm trying to make SWW as "small" as possible so I have more freedom with other statusbar patches. I might be able to set up a new clock specifically for SWW, but it would add another thing that's constantly updating and increasing battery drain. I'll have to do some testing.
    So, putting Clock into SWW might have a different battery drain than leaving it in the center? Interesting... I would be curious to see what your tests show. I you need someone to do some testing, let me know.

In term of making SWW as small as possible, you'll see those mockups are only marginally longer than 2.2 with Date on a Status Line. Eliminating the current temp after the icon helps to shorten it up.

If you want to keep "tap" as the method to "expand" and "contract" the widget to allow room for other patches, what about implementing a horizontal "swipe" on SWW to bring up Forecast View? (I don't think I like that idea...)

I would still prefer tap to toggle between Full & Forecast View.

What other patches are you contemplating?
    Greyscale versions:

Full View

Forecast View
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 05/17/2011 at 12:59 AM.
  6.    #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    So, putting Clock into SWW might have a different battery drain than leaving it in the center? Interesting... I would be curious to see what your tests show. I you need someone to do some testing, let me know.

In term of making SWW as small as possible, you'll see those mockups are only marginally longer than 2.2 with Date on a Status Line. Eliminating the current temp after the icon helps to shorten it up.

If you want to keep "tap" as the method to "expand" and "contract" the widget to allow room for other patches, what about implementing a horizontal "swipe" on SWW to bring up Forecast View? (I don't think I like that idea...)

I would still prefer tap to toggle between Full & Forecast View.

What other patches are you contemplating?
    Well, it depends how I can handle it. Actually, I should be able to tap into the default clock code, so the higher battery draw shouldn't be a problem.

By "small" I meant "touches as little code as possible". Sorry for the confusion.

I'm currently working on 5 rather large projects. I already have two of them halfway done, but have run into some issues. I have some ideas for simple patches too, but don't feel like doing those yet. I wish I was better at this... I'm such a noob. lol
    5 projects! Are they webOS projects? Patches?

Noob. Yeah. Right.
  8.    #968  
    5 projects! Are they webOS projects? Patches?

Noob. Yeah. Right.
    Yea, they're all webOS projects. I consider a "patch" to be a simple tweak to existing functionality. These "projects" mainly add new stuff to webOS. It's a ton of work though and I need to do some researching to figure out how to do some things. I need to stop being so ambitious... lol

And yes, compared to the likes of WebOS Internals and Jason R, I am very much a noob. I'm just good at stumbling my way through this stuff. Somehow I end up with a functional product. lol
    I am very much a noob. I'm just good at stumbling my way through this stuff. Somehow I end up with a functional product. lol
    Noob, maybe, but your ambition is killer. Keep it up. Quite honestly, it because of guys like you (and those others that you mentioned) and the stuff you are all producing that keep me, and I'm sure many others, hanging onto our dear Palm/Hp devices.

So, when do we see the next update of SWW with new features? How about SDS? Can you tell us more about what you are working on?
  10.    #970  
    Noob, maybe, but your ambition is killer. Keep it up. Quite honestly, it because of guys like you (and those others that you mentioned) and the stuff you are all producing that keep me, and I'm sure many others, hanging onto our dear Palm/Hp devices.

So, when do we see the next update of SWW with new features? How about SDS? Can you tell us more about what you are working on?
    Well, since I'm going up to PA for a week on Wednesday, I'm just trying to tie up loose ends. Right now, I'm working on SWW2.2 bug fixes and little features so I can post the final v2.2. I'll need to wait until SWW2.3 to add the other features.
    Well quit posting and get working!!!
    Looking forward to the new SWW 2.2 final with the auto update working.
    thanks for everything.
    is anybody using this with the really silent ringer switch patch? i get an error about bar assist after running a epr to install this.
    thanks
    is this in preware?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    no its not, not yet, i think the plan is to eventually when it is finished.
    danke!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Hey Garrett, I have been playing with some ideas. Let me know what you think.

Full View

Forecast View

This is where I would really like to see SWW go. I find the large icon and the large current temp taking up too much space.

If you wanted to keep some kind of animation, I could see a tap causing the next view to slide down in front of the current view, maybe even with a little bounce at the end!

(BTW, I put these here to generate ideas and feedback for Garrett. Let him know what you think. Of course, I don't necessarily expect him to implement any of my ideas. I enjoy contributing in this way.)
  18.    #978  
    I really like those mockups... They present a lot of info in a good-looking way. I'd like to add something like that in SWW. I'll add it to my list of "things to do". lol

Oh, and I'll be posting the final version of 2.2 tonight. Just need to figure out how to get the carrier string to play nice (which is turning out to be pretty annoying). lol
    Glad you like them! I really hope you can make it happen.

I would be totally happy having just these two views hard-coded as-is, and the ability to switch between them with a single tap.

If you wanted to include more configurability, maybe you could adopt the paradigm of "views", where some are hard-coded, and some are user-configurable.

For instance, Forecast could be a hard-coded view. Other views could be created by users, by selecting what is to be displayed on Status Line 1 and Status Line 2. In other words, a "view" would consist of those two status lines.

Then a user could specify which views should be "enabled". Maybe a user could have between 1-4 views enabled. In my above example, the user would enable Custom View 1 (which is made up of those specific Status Lines), and he would enable Forecast View.

Just a thought. Trying to think about keeping the Tweaks settings as simple and clean as possible.
    That looks real nice. Great mock-ups

Hey Garrett, I have been playing with some ideas. Let me know what you think.

Full View

Forecast View

This is where I would really like to see SWW go. I find the large icon and the large current temp taking up too much space.

If you wanted to keep some kind of animation, I could see a tap causing the next view to slide down in front of the current view, maybe even with a little bounce at the end!

(BTW, I put these here to generate ideas and feedback for Garrett. Let him know what you think. Of course, I don't necessarily expect him to implement any of my ideas. I enjoy contributing in this way.)
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<