Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sooooooo

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Been busy with non-webOS stuff.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Been busy with non-webOS stuff.
    Whaaaa?

Come back to the light!
    I see pandas.
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Whaaaa?

Come back to the light!
    My HD2 was feeling a bit neglected... So I've been playing around with it the last few days. Trying out new ROMs, apps, etc.

I like webOS, but I definitely need a break from it every once in a while. lol
    What about adding a Tweak to toggle what tapping the icon does:

1. Cycles between "Minimal", "Basic", and "Full" views
    -or-
    2. Cycles between "Full" and "Forecast" views

Full View

Forecast View
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Had some further ideas:

What about if you added an option to Tweaks to disable the Time display at the center of the topbar, and added the following options for Status Lines:

1. Date & Time
    2. Temp (High/Low/Forecast)

i.e.

Mon May 16 3:06 am
    9 (12 8 Light Rain)

In this case, I would like to have only a Minimal View (icon only), and a Full View (icon + status lines). But, if you wanted to keep a Basic View, maybe each Status Line option could have a Full version and an associated Basic version.

So,

Full Version

9 (12 8 Light Rain)

Basic Version

3:06
    In SWW2.2, I removed the Clock Tweak. I need to keep SWW as clean as possible so it works well with the other patch.
    In SWW2.2, I removed the Clock Tweak. I need to keep SWW as clean as possible so it works well with the other patch.
    So now the clock is where?

7.    #947  
    Hey Garrett,

I just wanted to give you props for the work you have done recently with respect to compatibility. I know that it was a difficult challenge. Well done. (Having said that, I am quite fine without compatibility with Sconix's menu stuff.)

Would you consider giving users the choice as to whether or not to have the basic view? In other words, I would like to see a Minimal View (icon only), and then a Full View which just adds the two status lines beside the icon.
    Hmm. That may be a little challenging, but I'll see what I can do. I'll have to add a Tweaks option for that since I actually really like Basic view.

I'd also like to pitch (again) two more ideas for status line options:

1. Current Temp (High / Low) i.e. 9 (12 8)
    2. Today's Forecasted Condition (which is different from the current condition)

Keep it up Garrett! Looking forward to what you come up with next.
    The first one should be easy to add. The second one should be easy once I switch SWW to the Weatherbug api.

bottom of the last launcher page.
    I see pandas.
  9.    #949  

In the center.
  10.    #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    bottom of the last launcher page.
    I should just get rid of the ****. Time is overrated.
    +1 for #2.

Had some further ideas:

What about if you added an option to Tweaks to disable the Time display at the center of the topbar, and added the following options for Status Lines:

1. Date & Time
    2. Temp (High/Low/Forecast)

i.e.

9 (12 8 Light Rain)

In this case, I would like to have only a Minimal View (icon only), and a Full View (icon + status lines). But, if you wanted to keep a Basic View, maybe each Status Line option could have a Full version and an associated Basic version.

So,

Full Version

9 (12 8 Light Rain)

Basic Version

3:06
    I see pandas.
    ...The second one should be easy once I switch SWW to the Weatherbug api.
    So are you liking my suggestion about the weatherbug api... Great if so. Many devs told me its the easiest to use. Anything that makes your job easier or provides more bang for the buck...

Keep up the great work.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  13.    #953  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    So are you liking my suggestion about the weatherbug api... Great if so. Many devs told me its the easiest to use. Anything that makes your job easier or provides more bang for the buck...

Keep up the great work.
    Yea, I've been looking at the documentation. Not sure if it's "easier" since I'm basically doing the same thing to get the info from Yahoo, but Weatherbug provides much more info.
    Yea, I've been looking at the documentation. Not sure if it's "easier" since I'm basically doing the same thing to get the info from Yahoo, but Weatherbug provides much more info.
    Alright then... More info!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15.    #955  
    What about adding a Tweak to toggle what tapping the icon does:

1. Cycles between "Minimal", "Basic", and "Full" views
    -or-
    2. Cycles between "Full" and "Forecast" views

Full View

Forecast View
    I really like that Forecast View idea... I just need to find a good way to implement it.
    Hmm. That may be a little challenging, but I'll see what I can do. I'll have to add a Tweaks option for that since I actually really like Basic view.
    See my later post where I suggest the option between cycling Full/Basic/Minimal and Full/Forecast!

The first one should be easy to add. The second one should be easy once I switch SWW to the Weatherbug api.
    Cool!
    Cool. Is the "other" one SDS?

If so, consider implementing the clock into one of the SWW Status Lines as I suggested!
    I really like that Forecast View idea... I just need to find a good way to implement it.
    If you incorporate the clock into SWW, it gives you more statusbar real estate to work with!
  19.    #959  
    If you incorporate the clock into SWW, it gives you more statusbar real estate to work with!
    Yes, but I'm trying to make SWW as "small" as possible so I have more freedom with other statusbar patches. I might be able to set up a new clock specifically for SWW, but it would add another thing that's constantly updating and increasing battery drain. I'll have to do some testing.
    Yes, but I'm trying to make SWW as "small" as possible so I have more freedom with other statusbar patches. I might be able to set up a new clock specifically for SWW, but it would add another thing that's constantly updating and increasing battery drain. I'll have to do some testing.
    Speaking of updating, any luck with the auto-update in 2.2 sconix compatible version? If not, no worries - just afraid I missed something...