Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    +1

I assume you are talking about a notification in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. I also assume you also meant new apps in Preware.

And how about a notification when an app update is available in Preware! Single tap to update the app. How sweet that would be...
    Yep, notification area update for the App Catalog and/or Preware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't remember if there was a SWW1.5 patch that works on 1.4.5... I don't think there was. Looks like you already have SWW2.0 installed on your phone..
    Rather just the patch for Farenheit. I tried that as a last resort.

I found the following patch in this thread, is this the correct one or should I try a different one? (Didn't find any newer ones, but scanned the thread quickly)

SWW_for_1.4.5_test1.patch
    yes I have internalz, sdl terminal. I went into usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/ and the file was empty. I think there is suppose to be a file called bar-scene.html according to an error log I got when trying to install sww2.2 in the hopes that it would install and fix everything
    oh just remembered, when I originally removed the advanced patches I notice preware was showing that I had an early version of 2.2 showing as installed I also removed this and then restarted and the top bar was gone (didn't realize it and that it would be helpful info)
  5.    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    yes I have internalz, sdl terminal. I went into usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/ and the file was empty. I think there is suppose to be a file called bar-scene.html according to an error log I got when trying to install sww2.2 in the hopes that it would install and fix everything
    Yea, bar-scene should be in that folder. Ok, here's what to do:

- Download the attached file
    - Use Internalz to rename it to "bar-scene.html"
    - Use Internalz to move it to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/

In Internalz's preferences, you may need to enable 'Master Mode'.

Luna reboot and see if that fixes it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6.    #906  
    oh just remembered, when I originally removed the advanced patches I notice preware was showing that I had an early version of 2.2 showing as installed I also removed this and then restarted and the top bar was gone (didn't realize it and that it would be helpful info)
    Yea, I accidentally installed SWW2.2 over an earlier version of SWW2.2 as well. Not sure how it installed since it should have failed... I didn't lose my top bar. Had to EPR though.
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by medfordite View Post
    Rather just the patch for Farenheit. I tried that as a last resort.

I found the following patch in this thread, is this the correct one or should I try a different one? (Didn't find any newer ones, but scanned the thread quickly)

SWW_for_1.4.5_test1.patch
    The newest SWW patches for webOS 1.4.5 are the ones in the top post. There are also some instructions to help ya out.
    Come to think of it, I did get a luna restart after installing the farenheit patch and the display is different now. As if the patch applied, but no icons or text. Could it have applied but I didn't copy the icon files correctly? I had to create the media directory and others on the Palm. (After enabling hidden file view on my Mac)

From your instructions on the first page, I am assuming I take these files?

File Type: zip StatusbarWeatherWidget_v1.5.zip (57.6 KB, 197 views) Email Attachment

File Type: zip SWW_IconPack2.zip (110.8 KB, 78 views) Email Attachment

File Type: patch SWW_v2.0_webOS145_fahrenheit.patch (22.4 KB, 53 views) Email Attachment
    thanks for the help, i'll try it now
  10.    #910  
    Come to think of it, I did get a luna restart after installing the farenheit patch and the display is different now. As if the patch applied, but no icons or text. Could it have applied but I didn't copy the icon files correctly? I had to create the media directory and others on the Palm. (After enabling hidden file view on my Mac)
    Ah ok, now I understand the problem you're having.

Sounds like you have the icons in the wrong place. I should have been a bit more descriptive in the instructions...

When you open your phone in USB mode, you are already in the /media/internal/ directory. From that point, you then need to make a folder named .widgets and then a folder inside that one named sww. Then you put all the individual icons in that sww folder you just made. That's how they end up in /media/internal/.widgets/sww/

Sorry for not being more clear about that. Sometimes I just assume that everyone already knows exactly what I'm talking about... lol
  11.    #911  

From your instructions on the first page, I am assuming I take these files?
    You only need these two:
    SWW_IconPack2.zip
    SWW_v2.0_webOS145_fahrenheit.patch

See my previous post explaining where to put the icons.
  12.    #912  
    thanks for the help, i'll try it now
    If that doesn't work, I have another idea for a temporary fix.
    can't enter master mode cus I can't tap upper left to drop down preferences. Dooh!
    Okay, I have the icon but no text now or method of modifying anything there.
  15.    #915  
    can't enter master mode cus I can't tap upper left to drop down preferences. Dooh!
    Hahaha.. Not laughing at you, I just find that kinda funny. lol

Ok, plan "B"... I used Prethemer to make a theme that will send a fresh copy of bar-scene.html, bar-assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $systemui$.$css$ $to$ $your$ $phone$. $Those$ $other$ $two$ $files$ $may$ $be$ $screwed$ $up$ $as$ $well$.

Download the attached "theme" and rename it to get rid of the ".zip" at the end. For some reason, Precentral doesn't allow ipk files to be uploaded...

This should fix it until you can get back to a computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16.    #916  
    Okay, I have the icon but no text now or method of modifying anything there.
    Try tapping the icon. The text should show up.
    DOH! Got it! Thanks So much!
  18.    #918  
    DOH! Got it! Thanks So much!
    No problem. lol
  19.    #919  
    @loopytee

So did that work?
  20.    #920  
    This silence from loopytee is unsettling... lol