Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    This, sir, is a thing of beauty. Uninstalled 1.5, rebooted phone (to be sure), installed 2.2_compat, tweaked it, uninstalled my date/time patch, tried every Sconix thing I could think of - all working perfectly.

If I have to find something to ask for (since you've done more than I could have thought of asking for ) I'd rather see the date as 5/12 rather than May 12 - I write the month number many times a day, so it's more intuitive for me.

BEAUTIFUL work. And I thought 1.5 was cool...
    Good to see people putting this test patch through it's paces.

I can add that date display. Gonna have to find out how to format it like that, but it shouldn't be hard.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottter View Post
    Probably a bit of a noob question, but whats the best way to transfer all the icons over at once, I don't want to transfer every one through quickinstall...
    You can put your phone in USB mode and put the icons in that way. However, with all the current patches (in ipk form) the icons are automatically placed in your phone. Are you using the webOS 1.4.5 version or something?
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    So does this mean, that 2.2 is now compatible with ALL Sconix patches? That would be really great, since I'd very much love to install this patch, but I absolutely need Sconix patches (especially the mode menu for mode switcher)

Thanks
    Yea, it works with all of them except the Advanced System Menus - App Menu patch. It doesn't conflict, but installing that patch kinda screws up the look to the statusbar.

Also, the Mode menu patch currently doesn't display your current mode. This will be fixed in the final SWW2.2 patch.
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    They're all working fine for me - the only thing I have to do is tap to get minimal view, then pull down the mode menu - then two taps to go back to full view when I'm done. Smooth and easy.
    The Advanced Menus should be accessible in both Minimal and Basic views. They aren't accessible in the Full view since the Data Area covers it up.
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Also got 2.2 with all sconix' patches without app-menu and it works fine =)
    Just one thing I would change:

If you click on the Status lines and there's no network connection (wifi / 3g) it should not start updating at all coz that trying needs a lot of battery power
    Your phone checks for a data connection immediately after you tap the Data Area. If it doesn't find one, it doesn't actually check anything else. It just logs the error.

I can add some more text that will give you a better idea of what SWW is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Advanced Menus should be accessible in both Minimal and Basic views. They aren't accessible in the Full view since the Data Area covers it up.
    True, you just have to go a tad bit to the right of the whatever part is shown (icon, temp, conditions), etc...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Here is the notification Photoshop mock up i made of my patch request:
    Sweet! I've never worked with the notification area before, so it may take a while to get something working. lol

Would be pretty cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My bad, you're right - I hadn't tried it in Basic view.
    Could you also make a Emergency weather alert in the notification area?
    Like This?
    (I don't know if this is possible but here!)

Better post before i get another idea
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Garrett.. while not a fan of Weatherbug, from what I am told they have one of the easiest weather APIs around. That might be an option as you mentioned possibly using something other than Yahoo.

Making an emergency weather alert as was mentioned would be easy with their API. Currently the GolfPinFinder golf app uses their API for weather/severe alerts, etc...

Just some thoughts.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11.    #871  
    Could you also make a Emergency weather alert in the notification area?
    Like This?
    (I don't know if this is possible but here!)

Better post before i get another idea
    Should be possible. I'm not sure how to add stuff to the notification area besides pushing a dashboard scene. This patch may take a while to even get off the ground. lol.

Adding some kind of emergency alert is a good idea though!
  12.    #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Garrett.. while not a fan of Weatherbug, from what I am told they have one of the easiest weather APIs around. That might be an option as you mentioned possibly using something other than Yahoo.

Making an emergency weather alert as was mentioned would be easy with their API. Currently the GolfPinFinder golf app uses their API for weather/severe alerts, etc...

Just some thoughts.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm not a fan of Weatherbug's software either, but I'd just be using their data. I'll check out their API documentation later today and see what they offer.
    OK i thought it would be cool to!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Maybe Rod can help?

Pre|central Peacekeepers

No offense, but I like the weather widget on the top bar rather than on the notifications area. I can't wait for the new update, so I can finally get the Sconix top menu bar patch. Great job Garrett!
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    No offense, but I like the weather widget on the top bar rather than on the notifications area. I can't wait for the new update, so I can finally get the Sconix top menu bar patch. Great job Garrett!
    It would be a separate patch.

If you don't want to wait for the final version of 2.2, you can download the latest test patch that I posted like 2 pages back. It's not perfect, but it's very functional.
  17.    #877  
    Maybe Rod can help?
    I think Rod has more important things to do than help me make a little widget. lol
    Garrett... maybe a modification to my earlier suggestion.

I suggested a tap+hold on the icon to slide out the temp/conditions... Now that I've thought about it some more, a tap would be simpler. But maybe using Tweaks a person could pick if they'd rather have a tap or tap+hold to slide out the data and for how long it is exposed/shown?....

Really would be cool, but not important really as long as I can see the mode menu text through when the temp/conditions are not displayed in the "basic view".

Thanks again for entertaining the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post

Thanks again for entertaining the ideas.
    Ya thx Garrett!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

20.    #880  
    Wow... The Yahoo Weather API sucks compared to Weatherbug's. A lot more info available and looks to be easier to use (not that the Yahoo API was complicated or anything). The only thing Yahoo has that's better is their WOEID system. Setting up a single SWW patch for both USA and International users is going to be a bit more complicated...

I'll start using the Weatherbug API in SWW2.3