Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #841  
    Be sure to uninstall any previous SWW patches before installing a new one. If you already did that, there should be no conflicts. Do you have any other top bar patches installed?
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett92C

It says SSW Loading... thatīs it. Isnīt the WOEID for Berlin 20065565? At least thatīs what I get from Yahoo.
    T.
    There were two Berlins that popped up in the search. I just picked the first one. lol.

Did you try forcing a GPS refresh?
    @Garrett92C

Yep, tried a manual refresh, but the widgets seems to be stuck īcause nothing happens on tapping.
  4.    #844  
    Guys, I hate to abandon you, but it's almost 6am and I need to be up in a few hours. Need to get some sleep...
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett92C

Yep, tried a manual refresh, but the widgets seems to be stuck īcause nothing happens on tapping.
    Oh, yea that's really stuck. lol. Gotta do a luna reboot...
    @Garrett92C

Sleep well mate.
    A luna reboot didnīt do the trick either, still stuck.
    T.
  7.    #847  
    If you're using the sconix-compatible version, make sure you're in the 'full' view. The 'data area' isn't accessible in Minimal or Basic.

Night bud... Sorry we couldn't get this figured out tonight
    No worries, Garrett. Itīs in full view but Iīll delete it for today and see if others come up with a similar experience.
    Sweet dreams
    T.
  9.    #849  
    One more quick though... You have Advanced System Menus - Framework installed too, right? If not, then the Data Area will be under stuff and you won't be able to tap or tap-hold it.

This only applies if you're using the sconix-compatible version.
    Garrett.. trying out your sww 2.2_compat on a dev device that has all of Sconix's patches (excluding the advanced system menus - app menu).

Here are a couple of things I noticed...

1) See attached screenshot. It seems when the app menu title overlaps the temp/conditions, it leaves some fragments of text behind, or rather it seems to have a black image/box over the top of it that text so that the app name is shown as in this case with email. Maybe that is because the second line where the conditions are displayed were long enough to display past that black box/image covering it up?

EDIT: The words that is being cut off is "Light Drizzle" So the left over remnants of text is from the "g" in light and "e" in drizzle.

2) It does not appear to work 100% with the Advanced Systems Menus - Mode Menu patch, reason being.... When the icon is just showing (no temp/condidtions), one can swipe down and get access to the menu, however you don't know what mode your in as it usually overwrites the carrier string with what mode is active.

a) would it be possible to have it show that text when just the icon is showing. I understand that it could not do that when the temp/conditions is showing. That would be fine for me.

I think I would use it like this 95% of the time... where I would have it only showing the icon. When I wanted to see the temp/conditions I would tap that area and it would show what I wanted to see. Then I would go back to it just showing the icon so that the mode menu text would be displayed.

A spin off thought on that would be... could it be possible to do a tap+hold on just the icon to have it briefly display the temp/conditions, then hide it after a few seconds (10s or something)?

Otherwise great job all around getting it to work 99% of the way with Sconix's patches. That is a huge task. You have tackled it great so far. Keep up the great work.

Donate to Garrett if you folks have not already.

Thanks Garrett!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/12/2011 at 09:05 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    This, sir, is a thing of beauty. Uninstalled 1.5, rebooted phone (to be sure), installed 2.2_compat, tweaked it, uninstalled my date/time patch, tried every Sconix thing I could think of - all working perfectly.

If I have to find something to ask for (since you've done more than I could have thought of asking for ) I'd rather see the date as 5/12 rather than May 12 - I write the month number many times a day, so it's more intuitive for me.

BEAUTIFUL work. And I thought 1.5 was cool...
    Probably a bit of a noob question, but whats the best way to transfer all the icons over at once, I don't want to transfer every one through quickinstall...
    Quote Originally Posted by scottter View Post
    Probably a bit of a noob question, but whats the best way to transfer all the icons over at once, I don't want to transfer every one through quickinstall...
    Which version? 1.5 and 2.1/2.2 include the icons...
    So does this mean, that 2.2 is now compatible with ALL Sconix patches? That would be really great, since I'd very much love to install this patch, but I absolutely need Sconix patches (especially the mode menu for mode switcher)

Thanks
    I haz it and I likes it
    Good job GMAN! Thanks again!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    So does this mean, that 2.2 is now compatible with ALL Sconix patches? That would be really great, since I'd very much love to install this patch, but I absolutely need Sconix patches (especially the mode menu for mode switcher)

Thanks
    re: mode menu; see oakridge's post a few clicks up.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post

Thanks
    They're all working fine for me - the only thing I have to do is tap to get minimal view, then pull down the mode menu - then two taps to go back to full view when I'm done. Smooth and easy.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Also got 2.2 with all sconix' patches without app-menu and it works fine =)
    Just one thing I would change:

If you click on the Status lines and there's no network connection (wifi / 3g) it should not start updating at all coz that trying needs a lot of battery power
    Here is the notification Photoshop mock up i made of my patch request:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Garrett.. trying out your sww 2.2_compat on a dev device that has all of Sconix's patches (excluding the advanced system menus - app menu).

Here are a couple of things I noticed...

1) See attached screenshot. It seems when the app menu title overlaps the temp/conditions, it leaves some fragments of text behind, or rather it seems to have a black image/box over the top of it that text so that the app name is shown as in this case with email. Maybe that is because the second line where the conditions are displayed were long enough to display past that black box/image covering it up?

EDIT: The words that is being cut off is "Light Drizzle" So the left over remnants of text is from the "g" in light and "e" in drizzle.

2) It does not appear to work 100% with the Advanced Systems Menus - Mode Menu patch, reason being.... When the icon is just showing (no temp/condidtions), one can swipe down and get access to the menu, however you don't know what mode your in as it usually overwrites the carrier string with what mode is active.

a) would it be possible to have it show that text when just the icon is showing. I understand that it could not do that when the temp/conditions is showing. That would be fine for me.

I think I would use it like this 95% of the time... where I would have it only showing the icon. When I wanted to see the temp/conditions I would tap that area and it would show what I wanted to see. Then I would go back to it just showing the icon so that the mode menu text would be displayed.

A spin off thought on that would be... could it be possible to do a tap+hold on just the icon to have it briefly display the temp/conditions, then hide it after a few seconds (10s or something)?

Otherwise great job all around getting it to work 99% of the way with Sconix's patches. That is a huge task. You have tackled it great so far. Keep up the great work.

Donate to Garrett if you folks have not already.

Thanks Garrett!
    1. Yea, to get the app name to display nicely, I had to set that div's background color to black so that it covers up the SWW text. Looks like I'll need to adjust it a little bit to get it to cover everything completely.

2. Ah, I see. I haven't been using Mode Switcher so I wouldn't have noticed that problem.
    2a. Yep, that should be easy to fix. I'll see what I can do.

Hmm. Your spin off thought is interesting. It's definitely possible, I just need to see how I can do it.

And thanks! It was kinda frustrating getting everything to play nice with each other. It felt pretty good once I got it working though. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.