Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Any updates on fixing the auto-update for 1.4.5 version? I recently decided to go back due to constant frustrations with 2.1.0 on my Pre-. Any hopes its gonna work with your other patch (stacked batt and temp)?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Great news, I have been using the 1.5 version, and hoping you would be able to find a way to make the newer version compatible. Thanks! Now all we need is a download link!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Patches currently installed on my Pre2:

1. Advanced System Behavior
    2. Advanced System Menus - Framework
    3. Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    4. Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu
    5. Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    6. Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    7. Advanced System Prefs - Framework
    8. Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs
    9. Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs
    10. Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs
    11. Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs
    12. Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs
    13. Statusbar Weather Widget v2.2 Test2 (CompatMod)

3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Any updates on fixing the auto-update for 1.4.5 version? I recently decided to go back due to constant frustrations with 2.1.0 on my Pre-. Any hopes its gonna work with your other patch (stacked batt and temp)?
    No, no updates. I haven't really been paying attention to the 1.4.5 version lately.. Too much other stuff going on.

Guess I should get around to fixing that though... lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Patches currently installed on my Pre2:

1. Advanced System Behavior
    2. Advanced System Menus - Framework
    3. Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    4. Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu
    5. Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    6. Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    7. Advanced System Prefs - Framework
    8. Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs
    9. Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs
    10. Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs
    11. Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs
    12. Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs
    13. Statusbar Weather Widget v2.2 Test2 (CompatMod)

Does that mean the Test2 is now compatible with all Sconix Weeks pachtes?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #825  
    SWW2.2 Test2 w/ CompatibilityMod

*Adds compatibility for all of sconix's Advanced patches except for 'Advanced System Menus - App Menu'. This patch requires 'Advanced System Menus - Framework' to function properly.

The new Tweaks should be pretty self explanatory.

You can now manually enter your Yahoo Weather ID (WOEID). Let me explain how SWW handles it...

- On boot, SWW checks the Tweaks WOEID setting. If it's blank, the GPS is called to find your location. If it is anything besides blank, SWW will use that number.
    - When you tap the 'data area', SWW will check the WOEID Tweak. If it's anything besides blank, it'll use that value. If it's blank, SWW will use the last known WOEID. Even if you tap-hold to get your current GPS location, the WOEID you entered in Tweaks will be used when you 'tap'..
    - When you tap-hold the 'data-area', the GPS will be used to get your location.

When entering a WOEID in Tweaks, you must press the 'Enter' key for the setting to be saved. To erase the WOEID you entered, you must delete it and then close Tweaks.

Important Notes:
    - The Icon and 'icon area' are always displayed.
    - The 'data area' is only accessible when in 'full' view.
    - The 'data area' covers up the top left of the statusbar. In order to access Advanced Menus that use that area, you need to get out of the 'full' view. The app menu is still accessible no matter what view you are in.

This was the only way I could make it work.

I've tested this patch on my Pre2 and everything went well. It's still a test patch though, and I need to know about any bugs or problems you find.

SWW2.2 requires Tweaks 1.3.0. It's available in the testing feeds. To add the feed to Preware, check out the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals. You only need the "webos-testing-all" feed.

You MUST uninstall any previous versions of SWW before installing this new one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/12/2011 at 01:00 AM.
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Does that mean the Test2 is now compatible with all Sconix Weeks pachtes?

I installed this new patch and then installed every Advanced patch besides the VZW ones. Everything seemed to work well.

I'll still need to make separate SWW patches for people who use sconix's Advanced Menu patches and people who don't. There really isn't much of a difference though, so it should be easy to keep up with.
  7.    #827  
    Oh, forgot that I left something in by accident. Not a problem though. The "Display" Tweak is still listed in there, but it doesn't actually do anything.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Everything seems to be working great! I was able to install it with all of Sconix's patches already installed.

The only problem I see, is when Conditions and/or Wind Conditions are selected in the Status Line, the temperature is repeated. So it the shows the Icon, Large Degrees, then Degrees and Conditions in the status line. However, coming from the 1.5 version, I don't know if this is how it has been/is designed.

One request: Add the AccuWeather app to the list of apps to be launched in tweaks.
    Last edited by kbrabble; 05/12/2011 at 12:35 AM.
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Everything seems to be working great! I was able to install it with all of Sconix's patches already installed.

The only problem I see, is when Conditions and/or Wind Conditions are selected in the Status Line, the temperature is repeated. So it the shows the Icon, Large Degrees, then Degrees and Conditions in the status line. However, coming from the 1.5 version, I don't know if this is how it has been/is designed.
    The temperature in the Wind Conditions is the wind chill. I'm not sure about the issue with the Conditions setting... lol

And thanks for confirming that it works with sconix's patches.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    The temperature in the Wind Conditions is the wind chill.
    I see, guess that can be useful for people not living in Fl!
  11.    #831  
    I see, guess that can be useful for people not living in Fl!
    Yea, haha. I've only been down here a very short time. I'm still a NorthEastern guy! The weather down here is great, but I kinda miss the frigid cold. Just doesn't feel right being warm all the time. lol
  12.    #832  
    One request: Add the AccuWeather app to the list of apps to be launched in tweaks.
    Will do.
    How 'bout an option to disable one status line?

Btw latest test vers works great!

14.    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    How 'bout an option to disable one status line?

Btw latest test vers works great!

I should be able to do that! lol

And thanks! Seems like my test patches are getting more stable. Having a Pre2 really does help! lol... I was actually kinda worried about this one since it had to fit in perfectly with sconix's patches and slightly complicates things. Turned out pretty well though. Just needs a few minor tweaks and that new option you suggested.
    @Garrett92C
    The installation went w/o problems.
    After having entered my WOEID (any kind of visual feedback for saving successfully might be nice to have) SWW keeps on loading but nothing happens. Even after a reboot (and the value still being in Tweaks) nothing happens. Am I overlooking something? Thx. T.
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett92C
    The installation went w/o problems.
    After having entered my WOEID (any kind of visual feedback for saving successfully might be nice to have) SWW keeps on loading but nothing happens. Even after a reboot (and the value still being in Tweaks) nothing happens. Am I overlooking something? Thx. T.
    Yay, a problem! Things were going way too smoothly with these 2.2 testing patches. lol :P

I wish I could add some kind of confirmation, but it's not really possible at the moment.

After typing in your WOEID, be sure to press the 'Enter' key while the text field is still active. Press it a couple times just to be sure... lol. Luna reboot and see if it loads up. If it gets stuck on loading, tap the 'data area' to force it to check again.

Let me know if that helps. I sometimes noticed a similar problem when re/installing the Tweaks json file.
    @Garrett92C

I did press return a couple of times (thatīs why I was asking for the visual feedback)
    It doesnīt work for me when leaving the text-field empty either.
    T.
  18.    #838  
    So, what's happening exactly? What is it saying while it's stuck?

Also be sure that the WOEID is entered correctly. If it isn't, it'll cause the same problem your having. Just to be sure you know, your WOEID isn't your zip code or something. You're in Germany, right? Try this WOEID (it's for Berlin): 638242

You could try holding you finger on the data area for a second to force the GPS get your location. All it needs is to get a WOEID once and then it'll work flawlessly. In the next version, I'll add a default WOEID that'll be used if for some reason the Tweak and GPS both fail for some reason.
    @Garrett92C

I've installed it all of Sconix's patches ,Install the SWW 1.5.0 correctly,but SWW 2.2.0 cannot install.Warning bellow document conflict
    Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Is it because installation is not VZW version
    @Garrett92C

It says SSW Loading... thatīs it. Isnīt the WOEID for Berlin 20065565? At least thatīs what I get from Yahoo.
    T.