Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Yep - 1.3 - adds support for text fields
    I don't see the update...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  2.    #782  
    Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still 1.2.
  3.    #783  
    Nevermind, found it in the testing feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nevermind, found it in the testing feed.
    Sorry, had to go look up the feed - you beat me to it
  5.    #785  
    I think I'm running out of ideas for SWW. Yahoo only offers up so much info to use.
    Still looking around at other services though...

6.    #786  
    SWW2.2 Test1

The new Tweaks should be pretty self explanatory.

You can now manually enter your Yahoo Weather ID (WOEID). Let me explain how SWW handles it...

- On boot, SWW checks the Tweaks WOEID setting. If it's blank, the GPS is called to find your location. If it is anything besides blank, SWW will use that number.
    - When you tap the 'data area', SWW will check the WOEID Tweak. If it's anything besides blank, it'll use that value. If it's blank, SWW will use the last known WOEID. Even if you tap-hold to get your current GPS location, the WOEID you entered in Tweaks will be used when you 'tap'..
    - When you tap-hold the 'data-area', the GPS will be used to get your location.

When entering a WOEID in Tweaks, you must press the 'Enter' key for the setting to be saved. To erase the WOEID you entered, you must delete it and then close Tweaks.

SWW2.2 requires Tweaks 1.3.0. It's available in the testing feeds. To add the feed to Preware, check out the instructions here: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._Testing_Feeds

You MUST uninstall any previous versions of SWW before installing this new one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/11/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Is 2.2 compatible with Sconics Tweak patches?
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is 2.2 compatible with Sconics Tweak patches?
    Not any 'Advanced Menu' patches. It's compatible with Advanced System Prefs though.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not any 'Advanced Menu' patches. It's compatible with Advanced System Prefs though.
    If you could manage to get that compatible with sconix' menu patches, SWW would be THE killer feature on I think any Pre(2). I have 1.5 now and just LOVE it, but I depend on the Today- and Mode-Menus so all the new Features are not possible for me =(
    GMAN! Do you recommend 'uninstall' 2.1 before installing 2.2?
    As for sconix patch compatibility; I was not using the menu patches, but I was using the prefs (before SWW 2.1) so I am stoked for this!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    What is the proper way to install updates for this patch?
  12.    #792  
    Definitely uninstall any previous versions first. Just like all other patches.
  13.    #793  
    I probably should have mentioned that you'll need Tweaks 1.3.0, which can only be found in the testing feeds...

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    GMAN:
    (1) SWW 2.2 works great...saw the 'text field' in Tweaks 1.3...no hassles installing.
    (2) However, cannot install any Advanced Sys Prefs framework patch version (normal, legacy or legacy VZW) The IPKG log notes a reject saved to the bar-assistant,jsjsjs.$rej$
  15.    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    GMAN:
    (1) SWW 2.2 works great...saw the 'text field' in Tweaks 1.3...no hassles installing.
    (2) However, cannot install any Advanced Sys Prefs framework patch version (normal, legacy or legacy VZW) The IPKG log notes a reject saved to the bar-assistant,jsjsjs.$rej$
    Hmm. It installed fine for me. Lemme look into it.
  16.    #796  
    Oh ok, I see the problem. I installed the wrong Advanced patch... lol

I see the conflict. I'll post a fixed version in a few mins.
    You da man! Loot!
  18.    #798  
    Oops.. Gotta EPR my Pre2 real quick. Then I'll test the fix and see if it works...
  19.    #799  
    SWW2.2 Test2

*Fixed Advanced System Prefs compatibility

The new Tweaks should be pretty self explanatory.

You can now manually enter your Yahoo Weather ID (WOEID). Let me explain how SWW handles it...

- On boot, SWW checks the Tweaks WOEID setting. If it's blank, the GPS is called to find your location. If it is anything besides blank, SWW will use that number.
    - When you tap the 'data area', SWW will check the WOEID Tweak. If it's anything besides blank, it'll use that value. If it's blank, SWW will use the last known WOEID. Even if you tap-hold to get your current GPS location, the WOEID you entered in Tweaks will be used when you 'tap'..
    - When you tap-hold the 'data-area', the GPS will be used to get your location.

When entering a WOEID in Tweaks, you must press the 'Enter' key for the setting to be saved. To erase the WOEID you entered, you must delete it and then close Tweaks.

SWW2.2 requires Tweaks 1.3.0. It's available in the testing feeds. To add the feed to Preware, check out the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

You MUST uninstall any previous versions of SWW before installing this new one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will try 2.2 Test2 soon.

EDIT:
    (1) Install of SWW 2.2 test2 went smooth.
    (2) Was able to install each of sconix's advanced sys prefs patches!
    (3) While not a sconix "menu" patch; the advanced sys behavior patch does not install either though it may not be possible to get compatibility on this one either.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 05/11/2011 at 04:10 PM.