Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    @ubuntite
    Adv Sys Pref Framework does conflict with SWW 2.1

Just figured it out after an EPR festival and restoring one patch @ a time.

- T
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    @ubuntite

- T
    I'll keep that patch in mind while I'm working on SWW2.2 (or whatever version it ends up being).
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    @ubuntite

- T
    Are you sure you aren't mixing up Advanced System Menus Framework and Advanced System Prefs Framework?

I am running SWW and:
    - Advanced System Prefs Framework (LEGACY) <-- Maybe LEGACY makes a difference?
    - Advanced System Prefs Email Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs Messaging Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs Phone Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs System Prefs
    all with no problems.
    I'm having trouble getting 2.1 to work on webOS 2.1. I had 1.5(?) working, but when I went to remove it using Preware I got errors from my previous post. I tried pulling the originals from the doctor and that got me my original bar back. I went to remove it using preware and restarted, then ended up having a white top bar. Tried using EPR but it didn't help. Finally re-doctored, but with a fresh install when I try to install 2.1 it says install is finished but theres no change even after reboot. Preware doesn't show it installed as a patch like it did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Are you sure you aren't mixing up Advanced System Menus Framework and Advanced System Prefs Framework?

I am running SWW and:
    - Advanced System Prefs Framework (LEGACY) <-- Maybe LEGACY makes a difference?
    - Advanced System Prefs Email Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs Messaging Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs Phone Prefs
    - Advanced System Prefs System Prefs
    all with no problems.
    There's an conflict with the Advanced system prefs Framework for 2.1 non-legacy. It is a trivial fix, though. Just moving some stuff around and it seems to work.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    There's an conflict with the Advanced system prefs Framework for 2.1 non-legacy. It is a trivial fix, though. Just moving some stuff around and it seems to work.
    Interesting. I bet there would be some who would like to know what to move around to get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Interesting. I bet there would be some who would like to know what to move around to get it to work.
    Sure, I don't have it all in front of me right now, but... I moved the first hunk in bar-assistant up 2 or 3 lines so the context stays clear of the stuff the framework patch added. I did it by manually editing the patch.

This is a really nice patch. Now all it needs is the rain forecast feature from Treo Alert Pro / XCast on the WinMo Treos. I really miss that.
    Got it. Just needed the diffstat/gnu patch/lsdiff.
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Sure, I don't have it all in front of me right now, but... I moved the first hunk in bar-assistant up 2 or 3 lines so the context stays clear of the stuff the framework patch added. I did it by manually editing the patch.

This is a really nice patch. Now all it needs is the rain forecast feature from Treo Alert Pro / XCast on the WinMo Treos. I really miss that.
    Thanks for getting that to work. I'll include the changes in the next version.

What is this "rain forecast" feature that you speak of? I can check it out and see if it's possible to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What is this "rain forecast" feature that you speak of? I can check it out and see if it's possible to implement.
    Have a look at this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/wm...in-extras.html
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/wm...ipt-xcast.html

Treo Alert Pro had a today screen plugin (or something) that could replace the carrier string and display other stuff. Together with xcast (I think. My mind is a little hazy regarding the relationship there.), also the weather, much like your patch.

It had a feature where it displayed the current weather, temperature and high low for the day. But also wether it was forecast rain for the day. It displayed things like "Rain @14", "Snow +05" or "No precip" IIRC.

One other thing: When the clock is set to be on the right hand side, it crops the date on the lock screen.

EDIT:
    This says it all:
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    So, for example, "Rain" is found at 3PM, that's all I need to know: I need my umbrella. If it says "Rain" at 9PM, then I don't need my umbrella. You may be skeptical, but I've been using this method for a year now and it's pretty accurate imo!
    Last edited by frause; 05/04/2011 at 03:27 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  11.    #751  
    Sounds like a cool feature... I'll check out those links in the morning. It's pretty late here. lol

I'll fix that lock screen date issue in the next version of SWW too.
    @ubuntite:
    I am not mixing prefs with menu.
    On a Sprint Pre - with 2.1 meta, (or at least mine), the sys prefs framework (both legacy and non-legacy) conflict at the top-bar jsjsjs.

Tried both again (for at least the 10th time) this morning.

Its cool though. I am sure Garrett with figure it out.
    I'm using 1.5 version w/Sconix's patches & Tweaks. It doesn't seem to update no matter what interval I set unless I restart (luna or full restart). Is this normal?
    the gps data will only update after a restart of some kind but the temp and conditions should update
    cant wait for 2.2 or whatever it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    the gps data will only update after a restart of some kind but the temp and conditions should update
    That applies to SWW 2.1 as well correct?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  17.    #757  
    @frause

I checked out those links you posted. I'd really like to add that rain data, but it looks like I'll need to use a different weather api to do so. I'm gonna look around to see what's available and how easy it would be to switch.
  18.    #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I'm using 1.5 version w/Sconix's patches & Tweaks. It doesn't seem to update no matter what interval I set unless I restart (luna or full restart). Is this normal?
    Are you talking about updating your GPS location or just the weather data. SWW 1.5 only updates the weather info when it does it's auto-update thing.
  19.    #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    cant wait for 2.2 or whatever it will be.
    Yea, I've been playing around with different ideas. I think I'm going to need to maintain two different versions of SWW (one for sconix users and one for everyone else). I'm still trying to find a good way to be compatible with sconix's patches and keep as many features as possible.
  20.    #760  
    That applies to SWW 2.1 as well correct?
    Yea, SWW 2.1 only updates weather info at every update interval. To make it get your current location, just tap and hold your finger on the 'data area'.