Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I think you mean "Get back to work!!"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha. Yeah...

Well I think Garrett has done a tone with his themes and patches, so when he gets around to doing whatever, that timeframe is fine with me.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Wow this looks like an amazing patch. I have a pixi 1.4.5 Do I just use the .patch files in the OP?
    Along with the icon file.
    Also, does the auto update work yet for 1.4.5?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea definitely. SWW 2.2 is going to be compatible with as much of sconix's stuff as possible.
    Will it be able to work without GPS as well?
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Wow this looks like an amazing patch. I have a pixi 1.4.5 Do I just use the .patch files in the OP?
    Along with the icon file.
    Also, does the auto update work yet for 1.4.5?

Thanks
    Yea, just put the images in /media/internal/.widgets/sww/ and then install on of the patch files.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Will it be able to work without GPS as well?
    It might... I'm working on it.
    Just out of curiosity, what is preventing these new patches from being able to put in a weather code like the older ones?
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is preventing these new patches from being able to put in a weather code like the older ones?
    Mainly because I need to package them as an ipk. It makes it much easier to install this patch... If I didn't you'd have to send the images to one location and then send the tweaks file to a different location. Then you'd need to go delete that tweaks file and resend a new one for every update. Too much hassle for most people. lol
    Oh, crap I just read the line that it wont work with sconix menu mods.....decisions decisions grrr....
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Oh, crap I just read the line that it wont work with sconix menu mods.....decisions decisions grrr....
    1.5 is working fine for me with the sconix stuff (on a reboot, you need to have tweaks change your battery/icon displays to reapply them, but that's the only problem I've seen) - it's holding me fine until Garrett gets a chance to put out 2.2.
    Thanks a lot for the nice app. Very cool, charms a lot of my friends.

One question, would it be possible to let the tweaks instead of GPS choose the location? Sometimes, I went into a remote corner of the city--remote enough to cause the Yahoo! Weather lost retrieving the condition--and the icon area is blank. I mean, the GPS location could be too specific for Yahoo Weather to retrieve weather condition. therefore, it would be nice if we can choose location (big enough for retrieving weather condition) through tweaks occasionally.

Thanks a lot for the nice work.
    @Garrett

Just a thought, what about an option in Tweaks to enter a zip-code which makes SWW fetch that location from yahoo (similar to calling the page by a long tap on the corresponding area).

Cheers,
    T.
    Last edited by tklr; 04/28/2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett

Just a thought, what about an option in Tweaks to enter a zip-code which makes SWW fetch that location from yahoo (similar to calling the page by a long tap on the corresponding area).

Cheers,
    T.
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of auto-locate? Unless you're on 1.4.5 it would make sense. But if you're on 2.1 just a tap and your updated
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett

Cheers,
    T.
    I believe this is a limitation with tweaks, since tweaks doesn't support text entry yet. But I think that support will be added soon, according to sconix.
    I'm not able to uninstall SWW 2.0 in PreWare. It keeps giving me errors. Here's the IPKG log:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$bar$/$bar$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $9$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$rej$
    Quote Originally Posted by iMaik View Post
    I'm not able to uninstall SWW 2.0 in PreWare. It keeps giving me errors. Here's the IPKG log:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$bar$/$bar$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $9$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$rej$
    Looks like you either had a previous version of this loaded, or you have one of sconix's patches (or something else that affects the top bar). You can extract those files from the doctor and use WOSQI to replace them back to stock - then this should work.
  16. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i'm in the same boat as the guy above. when i extracted those files from the doctor, WOSQI said they were invalid.

i'm guessing i am going to have to doctor my whole device to clear v1.4 off it.
  17.    #697  
    Hmm, that's odd. Maybe try an EPR?
  18. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I tried that about 4 times before getting the doctor. Haha.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I guess maybe I will try manually creating new files that are exact copies of the official versions and seeing if that will install next.

edit:

wait, I was doing the reconstruct before, trying epr now.

edit 2:

success!! Epr removed the patch (after a luna restart). About to install v2.1 now. Thanks, garrett!!!
    Last edited by GFS; 04/29/2011 at 12:55 AM.
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    I tried that about 4 times before getting the doctor. Haha.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I guess maybe I will try manually creating new files that are exact copies of the official versions and seeing if that will install next.

edit:

wait, I was doing the reconstruct before, trying epr now.

edit 2:

success!! Epr removed the patch (after a luna restart). About to install v2.1 now. Thanks, garrett!!!
    No problem... Still sucks that you had to EPR though. Well, at least it's fixed now! lol

Edit: And no, I haven't forgotten about SWW 2.2. Still dealing with this damn ear infection / tonsillitis / whatever it is. lol
    And no, I haven't forgotten about SWW 2.2. Still dealing with this damn ear infection / tonsillitis / whatever it is. lol
    Sounds like you didn't do the antibiotics!!

I'm sorry to hear you are still "under the weather". *rimshot*