Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    No problem...will try again
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Sorry, was OTR.

I had initially installed 2.0 test, then re-doc'd wOS 2.1, then tried to install SWW 2.0 via Internalz and no results, ran EPR, tried again. Still no results.
    Hmm. That's odd. Have you tried installing 2.1?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by ritityo View Post
    Thanks for the job, and you mentioned an update for 1.4.5 to solve the update issue, will that be released soon?
    I haven't gotten it to work yet... It freezes the Emulator for some reason (even though it's basically the same exact code from the webOS 2.x version).
    What is needed to run for 1.4.5, I have installed patch and icons. I get weather from Philly instead of Wisconsin location. Version 2.1 will not work for me...help for a newbie.

Thanks
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfox72 View Post
    What is needed to run for 1.4.5, I have installed patch and icons. I get weather from Philly instead of Wisconsin location. Version 2.1 will not work for me...help for a newbie.

Thanks
    Well, this patch relies on GPS since there is no easy way for a user to set their location besides modifying the patch file.

Do you have your GPS on?
    Hi Garrett92C

I have an idea about compatibility with Sconix's Advanced Menu patches,when Data Area is not accessible in the "Minimal" view.At this time tap the 'Data Area' can open the Sconix's Advanced Mode Menu patch.

Hope can solve compatible problems

Thanks
    Lsdiff and GNU patches are preequisites? (one or both?) Once I installed them, SWW installed and operates automagically.
    I see pandas.
    Garrett,

I'm not sure if you've answered this before or not. But does this patch soley rely on actual GPS? Or can it use Google Services or even Wifi to calculate where you are?

Also, 2.1 is awesome
    Last edited by tooearly; 04/26/2011 at 06:42 AM.
    Sprint Love
    @Garrett

Canīt properly install v.2.1 for webos 2.1
    Any ideas?

Thx a lot.
    T.

edit: Deleted the .json with Internalz, unistalled the older version and tried to install the 2.1 with WOSQI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tklr; 04/26/2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett

Canīt properly install v.2.1 for webos 2.1
    Any ideas?

Thx a lot.
    T.

edit: Deleted the .json with Internalz, unistalled the older version and tried to install the 2.1 with WOSQI.
    FYI those first two failure lines are what I got when I uninstalled 1.5 and tried to install 2.0 - that's why I was asking about uninstalling.
    @Garrett @alacrify

Couldnīt install it properly.
    Went back to v2test3 in the end.

T.
    Now that I've used this a few times today, SWW is really easy, quick, responsive. Great that I can now tap and hold to bring up Weather.com app!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    FYI those first two failure lines are what I got when I uninstalled 1.5 and tried to install 2.0 - that's why I was asking about uninstalling.
    alacrify & tklr,

You might be having these problems because those files listed in the log are already modified. You could try uninstalling SWW, then restoring those files listed in the log from your 2.1 doctor, using wosqi "send file", ensuring that you have the original untouched files. The patch should then install no problems.
    garrett have you decided if you were going to try and make 2.1 compatible with scionix framework, device menu patch? i have power menus too but i dont think that matters. just wondering.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    garrett have you decided if you were going to try and make 2.1 compatible with scionix framework, device menu patch? i have power menus too but i dont think that matters. just wondering.
    thanks
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I installed 2.1 with no problems by emailing the patch to myself then when opened preware installer took over and viola. Not sure if it would solve your problem, but just wanted to throw it out there
  17.    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    Hi Garrett92C

I have an idea about compatibility with Sconix's Advanced Menu patches,when Data Area is not accessible in the "Minimal" view.At this time tap the 'Data Area' can open the Sconix's Advanced Mode Menu patch.

Hope can solve compatible problems

Thanks
    That actually is a pretty good idea... I'll play around with it.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Lsdiff and GNU patches are preequisites? (one or both?) Once I installed them, SWW installed and operates automagically.
    Yea, something should have alerted you about those requirements... Well, at least you got it figured out! lol lol
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Garrett,

I'm not sure if you've answered this before or not. But does this patch soley rely on actual GPS? Or can it use Google Services or even Wifi to calculate where you are?

Also, 2.1 is awesome
    It calls the GPS for location, but some people say that it got your location even with GPS off. I guess it can use Google Services.
    just wanted to take a second to say thanks Garrett for all the hard work you have put into your projects for webos. You are doing an awesome job bro!