Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMaik View Post
    Hmm... did I miss the link to 2.1?
    I haven't gotten around to posting it to the top post yet, but you can still find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2944981
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @Garrett92C I love the idea from your patch big time. I'm just wondering if you are getting away from your original idea. It was a simple design which looked great and worked well.

I see people asking for this and that which is fine. If you're willing to update the patch for them great. but I feel like the mock ups and what not are getting to cramped for the top bar. Its not a huge space up there.

Its just my two cents and I hope people don't get offend but what I'm saying. I would just love a simple weather patch like you had started on that works with sconix patches or even doesn't work with his.

Again please don't take this the wrong way. Which I know some people might. Hopefully they won't.
    Seconded! I want two things - first, what you've already done, made better any way YOU want. Second, I want you to have fun with it, not get bogged down trying to make it all things for all people (look how well that works for M$ app bloatware).
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I could, but then I wounldn't be able to really add any other tap functions to these widgets.
    Right. A design decision between complexity and functionality...

I like the simplicity of only two tap functions. Additional functionality could be implemented in the drop-down menu, which I realize you haven't figured out yet.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    The website shows the five-day forecast, but are you saying that programmatically you only have access to today and tomorrow? If so, that's too bad. This would be down the road once you get menus figured out anyway. Maybe another source for weather? Maybe scraping the Yahoo site?
    Yea, I only have access to today and tomorrow. I'm not sure about scrapping Yahoo though since that would be a lot of work to set up with a new service...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Right. A design decision between complexity and functionality...

I like the simplicity of only two tap functions. Additional functionality could be implemented in the drop-down menu, which I realize you haven't figured out yet.
    You know, at a certain point, you should either offer to hire him, or code something on your own. Let the man have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I haven't gotten around to posting it to the top post yet, but you can still find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2944981
    Weird, that link didn't work as it links to post #2944981 on page 14, but post 2944981 is on page 27. Here's what worked for me: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2944981

Thanks!
    Trying to get this patch to work, but I think I need to delete the json file (referred to in OP). n00b here needs a bit 'o instruction on how to find this file to delete it, please.
    I see pandas.
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Trying to get this patch to work, but I think I need to delete the json file (referred to in OP). n00b here needs a bit 'o instruction on how to find this file to delete it, please.
    Damn n00b... lol lol jk

So you were using one of the SWW 2.0 testing patches that required you to send that json file to your phone? To delete that, it would be best to use Internalz.

1. Uninstall any version of SWW you have installed.
    2. Browse to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    3. Delete the file named com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget.json

You should be able to install SWW again now. Let me know if ya need any more help.

LOOT lol ltm

Edit: You might need to turn "Master Mode" on in Internalz to get to that folder. Master Mode can be found in Internalz's preferences.
    Yeah, not only a n00b, but a l00t n00b! (Isn't that a double negative?)

ok, thanks for the instruction a tax accountant can understand!
    I see pandas.
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMaik View Post
    Weird, that link didn't work as it links to post #2944981 on page 14, but post 2944981 is on page 27. Here's what worked for me: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2944981

Thanks!
    Oh... Might be because I have it set up to display 40 posts per page. At least you managed to find it, so problem solved! lol
    crap, I didn't have that file in the first place

after installing SWW and Luna restart, not getting any changes to topbar. (Doctored to 2.1.0, ran EPR last night, only have Tweaks installed.)
    I see pandas.
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    crap, I didn't have that file in the first place

after installing SWW and Luna restart, not getting any changes to topbar. (Doctored to 2.1.0, ran EPR last night, only have Tweaks installed.)
    Which version of SWW are you trying to install?
    Garrett,

Sconix doesn't have the market cornered on the "Advanced" tag for patches. While he has kind of pioneered that movement towards them, there is nothing to say you couldn't follow a similar approach with having multiple small patches instead of one giant one that work together.

I still hope there would be some time for you and Sconix to work together where maybe there could be some hooks or minor changes in some of his patches even so that yours and his patches can coexist and even work off each other.

Why rewrite drop menus and such if some things could be made to work with the foundation Sconix has created (on his or your end of things).

I think going back and keeping this simple is key. It not only makes the device not look so over crowded in the "statusbar", but most likely keeps things simple for you as well. Hell, your doing all this on the emulator without an actual device (as of yet). Keep things simple and fun for you first and foremost!

Just my two cents.

I enjoy your work. Hopefully you get to as well again someday.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Garrett,

Sconix doesn't have the market cornered on the "Advanced" tag for patches. While he has kind of pioneered that movement towards them, there is nothing to say you couldn't follow a similar approach with having multiple small patches instead of one giant one that work together.

I still hope there would be some time for you and Sconix to work together where maybe there could be some hooks or minor changes in some of his patches even so that yours and his patches can coexist and even work off each other.

Why rewrite drop menus and such if some things could be made to work with the foundation Sconix has created (on his or your end of things).

I think going back and keeping this simple is key. It not only makes the device not look so over crowded in the "statusbar", but most likely keeps things simple for you as well. Hell, your doing all this on the emulator without an actual device (as of yet). Keep things simple and fun for you first and foremost!

Just my two cents.

I enjoy your work. Hopefully you get to as well again someday.
    Yeah, I seriously hope these patches can coexist together. After all, the idea of Tweaks was to bring all patches together and eliminate issues with incompatible patches.
    Agreed in the end i love just 1.5 with scionix patches. all i really would like it to be able to keep the framework and device menu while being ablt to enjoy the 2.1 update. all of this other stuff has amazing potential but i think like Oakridge said lets not reinvent the wheel if we dont have too. we are a community. working together could make something amazing. keep up the great work garrett!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Is this the only way to get the patch? Can i download in preware? Would love to install this!!!!
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Is this the only way to get the patch? Can i download in preware? Would love to install this!!!!
    SWW in not available in Preware yet. Now that I know I can get it in there, I'll be submitting 2.2 in the near future.
    I forgot to mention, you should probably include a -blank- option for Status Lines in Tweaks. This will be especially relevant if you allow users to configure a Full View and a Minimal View, but might also be useful now.
    Has anyone managed to uninstall successfully (no, I'm not going to, but when I can go to version 2.x, I want to uninstall 1.5)? I wasn't able to, and saw another post recently from someone who couldn't get it out either.

If you have, could you post how? Preware, manual steps, whatever it took.

Thanks!
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Has anyone managed to uninstall successfully (no, I'm not going to, but when I can go to version 2.x, I want to uninstall 1.5)? I wasn't able to, and saw another post recently from someone who couldn't get it out either.

If you have, could you post how? Preware, manual steps, whatever it took.

Thanks!
    Should uninstall fine...

I've been installing and uninstalling the ipk fine on the Emulator...