Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Now for my comments re: SWW 2.1. In a word, awesome. Very nice improvements. I like the animations. Aesthetically, it looks great. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those weather apps, so I can't test for you.

So, I have a couple of requests for the next version:

1. Additional Tweak Status Line option: Temp + High Low. i.e. 10 (15 6). I know I have asked for this many times, so I guess if you are giving it the thumbs down, I would like to know what your thinking is. As mentioned before, I would use this as Status Line 1, and this leads to the second request...

2. Tweak option to disable the Temp next to the Icon. Of course, would only make sense if you added the option above.

3. Additional Tweak Status Line option: Today's Forecasted Conditions. (This would be my Status Line 2!) This would be different from the current conditions (reflected by the Icon), and would give the user a quick reference to see what today is going to shape up like. Again, I know I am repeating myself, but I haven't heard you weigh in on this one either.

Garrett, it might just be a case that you are a one man show, with a huge project on your hands, and dealing with being sick for quite some time. I can completely understand. I honestly can't believe you have been able to crank out as much as you have lately. Great job.

Whenever you get a chance, I would love to get your feedback on these ideas/requests, as well as my earlier ideas. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/24/2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Haha, no boycott. It's not allowed in since it needs the images...
    didnt the gps icon patch and the ringer switch patch need images too? and they are in there.
    yup, they work awesome! Garrett, great job, this looks beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    didnt the gps icon patch and the ringer switch patch need images too? and they are in there.
    I believe those used images already present in webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I believe those used images already present in webOS.
    Patches with images need to be submitted manually .. For those that are wondering

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    I ran the SWW 1.5 but once again got a dependency issue. (like i said, i'm like almost 99% sure i have the required patches...) I tried removing the dependanices and i get an error simpler to the one above and related to this post
    Are you able to install any other patches?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    gonna try 2.1 Garrett and test out some of the weather app launches for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    yup, they work awesome! Garrett, great job, this looks beautiful!
    Glad you like it.

And thanks for testing it for me!
  8.    #568  
    Is this the only compatibility issue with Sconix's patches? As I mentioned, and one other agreed, as long as Sconix's Device Menu patch could be made to work (which modifies an existing menu, so no incompatibility with SWW), and the Power Menu could still work, I would live with the trade-off of losing the others. It would mean losing the App Menu (not critical), Mode Menu (although convenient for Mode Switcher users, it doesn't cripple Mode Switcher), and Today Menu.

I had thought about Sconix's Today Menu, and the fact that SWW impacts the ability to use other patches for displaying the date on the statusbar (such as Date as Carrier String) when I proposed the Time & Date Widget. The Time & Date Widget would conveniently live on the left half of the statusbar, and would operate in a similar fashion to SWW. Both would have "Full" and "Minimal" views to allow for maximum sharing of the left statusbar real estate. It would allow for displaying of the date, AND it would replace the functionality of Today Menu by essentially moving that menu over to Time & Date Widget.

Rather long-winded I know, but I guess I would summarize by saying that if SWW (and a future Time & Date Widget) could be made to work with Sconix's Advanced Menu Framework, Device Menu and Power Menu, I would be all over that!!!

Let me know if I have this right, and what you think!
    Now for my comments re: SWW 2.1. In a word, awesome. Very nice improvements. I like the animations. Aesthetically, it looks great. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those weather apps, so I can't test for you.

So, I have a couple of requests for the next version:

1. Additional Tweak Status Line option: Temp + High Low. i.e. 10 (15 6). I know I have asked for this many times, so I guess if you are giving it the thumbs down, I would like to know what your thinking is. As mentioned before, I would use this as Status Line 1, and this leads to the second request...

2. Tweak option to disable the Temp next to the Icon. Of course, would only make sense if you added the option above.

3. Additional Tweak Status Line option: Today's Forecasted Conditions. (This would be my Status Line 2!) This would be different from the current conditions (reflected by the Icon), and would give the use a quick reference to see what today is going to shape up like. Again, I know I am repeating myself, but I haven't heard you weigh in on this one either.

Garrett, it might just be a case that you are a one man show, with a huge project on your hands, and dealing with being sick for quite some time. I can completely understand. I honestly can't believe you have been able to crank out as much as you have lately. Great job.

Whenever you get a chance, I would love to get your feedback on these ideas/requests, as well as my earlier ideas. Thanks.
    Lots to respond to here, but I really need to get to bed. I'm so tired.. lol I'll get back to this in the morning.
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Patches with images need to be submitted manually .. For those that are wondering

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks for figuring out that I could get SWW into Preware.

LOOT!
    Lots to respond to here, but I really need to get to bed. I'm so tired.. lol I'll get back to this in the morning.
    Thanks Garrett.

Here's a couple of mockups of the ideas I have been posting.

The first shows both the Time & Date and the Weather in Full View. The second shows them both in Minimal View.

It would be nice to have a way to simply toggle each widget between Full and Minimal view. It would also be nice to be able to simply drop down a menu for each.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glad you like it.

And thanks for testing it for me!
    your welcome.
    Thanks Garrett.

Here's a couple of mockups of the ideas I have been posting.

The first shows both the Time & Date and the Weather in Full View. The second shows them both in Minimal View.

It would be nice to have a way to simply toggle each widget between Full and Minimal view. It would also be nice to be able to simply drop down a menu for each.
    that looks really cool. i would forgo my date next to the time in the middle for an option like you are showing.
    What do you mean by "standalone" version?

That's the main problem with making this patch compatible; Sconix's menu area on the far left of the statusbar. It covers up the area that I need open.

And there might be a way for me to make 2.0 compatible. Maybe... I need to look into it more. I might be able to make SWW alter how his patch changes the statusbar.

And thanks for the donation! It's very much appreciated.
    I meant just the weather part, leave out moving the clock and any other features beside the weather stuff.
    Last edited by alacrify; 04/24/2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
    I got it to work. Its amazing. You da man. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by kdubhotsauce; 04/24/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    I am 17 and create WebOS apps. Check them out and help support my work.

Facebook
    Twitter
    Haha, no boycott. It's not allowed in since it needs the images...
    Submit it as an app not a patch.
    He!! it is close to an app IMO
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Here is an updated mockup of my ideas. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/24/2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Thinking more about compatibility with Sconix's Advanced Menu patches...

Assuming Device Menu and Power Menu can still be made to work, we are missing out on Today Menu and Mode Menu. I have outlined earlier that a Time & Date Widget could handle Today Menu functionality.

So, in regards to Mode Menu, how about implementing a Mode Switcher Widget? Maybe Sconix could even code it, or at least work with you on it. I think this widget idea should be the new framework for the statusbar.

Implementing a Mode Switcher Widget could look something like the attached mockups.

Single Tap: displays drop-down menu ala Mode Menu (one menu item to launch Mode Switcher)
    Tap-Hold: toggles Full/Minimal/Icon View

It might be nice for each Widget to have 3 views: Icon Only, Minimal & Full. Tweak options to define Minimal & Full. (To conserve even more space, maybe Minimal & Full Views could do away with the Icon, or maybe a Tweak option as to whether to include the icon in those views?)

The user could then tap-hold to toggle to the view he wants, and therefore could configure each widget to be in one of those three views.

As mentioned before, maybe the Time & Date Widget could use a working analog clock for the icon.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/24/2011 at 06:46 PM.
    I love the ideas. This really could revolutionize the top bar if all the pieces can come together.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I love the ideas. This really could revolutionize the top bar if all the pieces can come together.
    I agree!!!
    Here are a few more screenshots, including an icon for the Date & Time Widget, and showing a bunch of combinations of Icon Only, Minimal, and Full Views of each widget.

I suggest that the user should be able to determine whether Minimal View and Full View include the Icon or not, in Tweaks. Users should also be able to configure Minimal and Full Views.

There probably should also be a way to include and exclude widgets from appearing altogether. Maybe a user only wants to show the Weather Widget. Or, maybe more widgets than these will get developed in the future.

For discussion...