Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1056
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The sconix-compatible version of SWW 2.0 won't be able to have any tap or tap-hold functions. It will also have to keep the clock in the center.

    So, it'll pretty much just be a static display that updates at whatever update interval the user picks. To get new Tweaks settings to take effect, you'd need to do a Luna reboot.

    I'm still trying to think of ways to make it more interactive though...
    Luna reboots don't bother me much - once I doctored my Pre- to 2.1, running Uberkernel and patches galore, I figure I'm walking on the wild side anyway.

    And I hate to make you fork development (and you don't have to!) but maybe you could make just a weather widget standalone version? I like the clock in the middle (with a date patch besides), I like having the percent battery on the right, and I'm kinda dependent on sconix patches for things like turning the screen off on the touchstone, mode switches, topbar calendar pull-down, you name it. But the weather widget let me turn off Weatherman and get my wallpaper back, and it's the perfect addition to the topbar IMO.
    In shorter words, I love the widget, but I love the other stuff too!

    And to support whatever you do, so long as you keep doing it, just made a donation.
    Last edited by alacrify; 04/23/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typo and add
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can install patches and ipk files with Internalz too!

    I'll try to get it in Preware as soon as I can though.
    im done with side loading with out preware since this last itme i had to delete everything and reinstall again lol im tired of it for right now !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Are you talking about complete compatibility with all Sconix's menu patches?

    What about compatibility with just the framework and the device menu patch? I have been thinking those are the ones I really need, as long as we can get SWW and your future projects somewhere along the lines of what I have been suggesting to you throughout.
    I'll have to look at his patch some more to see what I can do...
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    fixed what post lol LOOT !! no if you poat all caps it auto shrinks them too lower case lol . i forgot !!
    no, you forgot to make it a link.
    I see pandas.
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, you should always remove previous versions first.

    Try resetting your phone.
    Crap!

    Reset my phone, 2.0 is still running but not showing up in Preware? Any other suggestions? What about manually running the package manager from a command line? Would that work? If so, could you post the syntax?
  6.    #546  
    Try Emergency Reconstruction Utility again... If not, then you may need to EPR.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7. #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Crap!

    Reset my phone, 2.0 is still running but not showing up in Preware? Any other suggestions? What about manually running the package manager from a command line? Would that work? If so, could you post the syntax?
    I had the same problem with 1.5 - installed from WOSQI, uninstalled from Preware, rebooted and the icons were gone (and it wasn't in Preware any more) but the app was still running. About then post came out that 2.0 wasn't compatible with Sconix patches, so I reinstalled 1.5 and called myself lucky.
  8. #548  
    I can't seem to get any verison to work on my sprint pre. I have webos 2.1.0 and tweaks and such however, whenever i try to install i either get package dependancies not satisfied or it shows this. (I know this package Depends: org.webosinternals.patch, org.webosinternals.lsdiff but i have both those installed? )

    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am 17 and create WebOS apps. Check them out and help support my work.

    Facebook
    Twitter
  9.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    I can't seem to get any verison to work on my sprint pre. I have webos 2.1.0 and tweaks and such however, whenever i try to install i either get package dependancies not satisfied or it shows this. (I know this package Depends: org.webosinternals.patch, org.webosinternals.lsdiff but i have both those installed? )

    Any suggestions?
    Hmm. Where did you get that ipk? The file name 'com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget_5_all.ipk doesn't seem right...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Luna reboots don't bother me much - once I doctored my Pre- to 2.1, running Uberkernel and patches galore, I figure I'm walking on the wild side anyway.

    And I hate to make you fork development (and you don't have to!) but maybe you could make just a weather widget standalone version? I like the clock in the middle (with a date patch besides), I like having the percent battery on the right, and I'm kinda dependent on sconix patches for things like turning the screen off on the touchstone, mode switches, topbar calendar pull-down, you name it. But the weather widget let me turn off Weatherman and get my wallpaper back, and it's the perfect addition to the topbar IMO.
    In shorter words, I love the widget, but I love the other stuff too!

    And to support whatever you do, so long as you keep doing it, just made a donation.
    What do you mean by "standalone" version?

    That's the main problem with making this patch compatible; Sconix's menu area on the far left of the statusbar. It covers up the area that I need open.

    And there might be a way for me to make 2.0 compatible. Maybe... I need to look into it more. I might be able to make SWW alter how his patch changes the statusbar.

    And thanks for the donation! It's very much appreciated.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  11.    #551  
    Just found out that SWW cannot be submitted to Preware. Sorry guys.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Are you talking about complete compatibility with all Sconix's menu patches?

    What about compatibility with just the framework and the device menu patch? I have been thinking those are the ones I really need, as long as we can get SWW and your future projects somewhere along the lines of what I have been suggesting to you throughout.
    +1 I only would need framework and device menu. I use power menu too but I don't think that would matter. Left side is dying for sww2.1 lol.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just found out that SWW cannot be submitted to Preware. Sorry guys.
    WHYYYYYYYYYYY????

    Boycot!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    WHYYYYYYYYYYY????

    Boycot!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Haha, no boycott. It's not allowed in since it needs the images...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15. #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm. Where did you get that ipk? The file name 'com.choorp.statusbarweatherwidget_5_all.ipk doesn't seem right...
    I don't actually remember where i got that file, i think it was somewhere in this forum or another forum. Could you possibly point me towards the most updated file? (Unless its the one on the first page, in that case you can just say look at the first page dodo! haha) I'd greatly appreciate it
    I am 17 and create WebOS apps. Check them out and help support my work.

    Facebook
    Twitter
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    I don't actually remember where i got that file, i think it was somewhere in this forum or another forum. Could you possibly point me towards the most updated file? (Unless its the one on the first page, in that case you can just say look at the first page dodo! haha) I'd greatly appreciate it
    Depends if you need compatibility with sconix's Advanced Menu patches... If you do, check out SWW 1.5 in the in the first post of this thread. If you don't, check out SWW 2.1 here.

    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Depends if you need compatibility with sconix's Advanced Menu patches... If you do, check out SWW 1.5 in the in the first post of this thread. If you don't, check out SWW 2.1 here.

    I ran the SWW 1.5 but once again got a dependency issue. (like i said, i'm like almost 99% sure i have the required patches...) I tried removing the dependanices and i get an error simpler to the one above and related to this post
    I am 17 and create WebOS apps. Check them out and help support my work.

    Facebook
    Twitter
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Try Emergency Reconstruction Utility again... If not, then you may need to EPR.
    Reinstalling 2.0 fixed my problem.
  19. #559  
    gonna try 2.1 Garrett and test out some of the weather app launches for you.
  20. #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's the main problem with making this patch compatible; Sconix's menu area on the far left of the statusbar. It covers up the area that I need open.
    Is this the only compatibility issue with Sconix's patches? As I mentioned, and one other agreed, as long as Sconix's Device Menu patch could be made to work (which modifies an existing menu, so no incompatibility with SWW), and the Power Menu could still work, I would live with the trade-off of losing the others. It would mean losing the App Menu (not critical), Mode Menu (although convenient for Mode Switcher users, it doesn't cripple Mode Switcher), and Today Menu.

    I had thought about Sconix's Today Menu, and the fact that SWW impacts the ability to use other patches for displaying the date on the statusbar (such as Date as Carrier String) when I proposed the Time & Date Widget. The Time & Date Widget would conveniently live on the left half of the statusbar, and would operate in a similar fashion to SWW. Both would have "Full" and "Minimal" views to allow for maximum sharing of the left statusbar real estate. It would allow for displaying of the date, AND it would replace the functionality of Today Menu by essentially moving that menu over to Time & Date Widget.

    Rather long-winded I know, but I guess I would summarize by saying that if SWW (and a future Time & Date Widget) could be made to work with Sconix's Advanced Menu Framework, Device Menu and Power Menu, I would be all over that!!!

    Let me know if I have this right, and what you think!

Posting Permissions