Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hmm...I tried your latest v2.0 test 3, but all I get is the icon in the upper left corner. No Hi Lo or City indicator present.

I also have GPS, Mute Toggle, and Battery Percent Circle loaded, which may be my problem and why it is not working, but not sure if any of these would effect this? Also note, I'm nolonger using sconix's Advanced Menu patches since they did not work for me and were removed as usual. Is Tweaks or Advanced Menu patches necessary to make this work? Thanks, Sorli....
    @sorli

Did you try tapping on the icon once? You might be running the widget in minimized mode.

T.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Hmm...I tried your latest v2.0 test 3, but all I get is the icon in the upper left corner. No Hi Lo or City indicator present.

I also have GPS, Mute Toggle, and Battery Percent Circle loaded, which may be my problem and why it is not working, but not sure if any of these would effect this? Also note, I'm nolonger using sconix's Advanced Menu patches since they did not work for me and were removed as usual. Is Tweaks or Advanced Menu patches necessary to make this work? Thanks, Sorli....
    As tklr said, try tapping the icon. It toggles the weather display.

Tweaks isn't really required, but I highly recommend installing it (especially for the next SWW patch). For now, if you don't use the Tweaks app, you'll be stuck with Fahrenheit and a 30 minute update interval.
    Ah yes...tried tapping the icon, which used to show a ? and then switch back, but nothing changes now or shows the weather display. I tried tapping both the right and left of the icon and if I go down Just Type kicks into action and to the right brings up the normal device menu.

I get the icon and would rather have that if it is updating then nothing at all. Probably my Pre- running 2.1 and thanks anyways! Sorli...

Update: just letting you know...mines is working now. Not sure when it began to kick in, but the icon now responds to my taps and press-hold for more options. Also installed Tweaks that shows 2 options F or C and scheduled update timer. Only problem relates to it not finding a GPS signal to lock into, but that will probably be fixed later when I leave for work. Thanks and keep up the great work! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 04/21/2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Statusbar Weather now working!
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Now that I get a bit better sense where you might be headed, let me through some more ideas at you. Feel free to do whatever you like with them.

It seems like you are wanting to make the left end of the statusbar a little more interactive, and the right end a little less so.
    Yea pretty much. It doesn't make sense to have all that wasted space up there when you could make better use of it. Changing the carrier string to custom text was cool, but I think having interactive widgets is more fun and useful.

I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with the right side, but it'll involve fitting as much data as possible in there (as long as it doesn't look cluttered and messy).

How about making the left end of the statusbar non-device-related, and the right end of the statusbar device-related.

Something like this:

Code:
    SAMPLE STATUSBAR

Tue Apr 19 ICON 60 (61 52)	   G B W R  Sprint
    10:30 am   ICON Partly Cloudy           41C  100%

The ICON is the SWW Icon.
    Here are some details related to the left end of the statusbar:

Code:
    Left End of Statusbar (Non-Device-Related Stuff)

Time & Date Widget

Full View     Minimal
    Tue Apr 19    Apr 19
    10:30 am      10:30

Tweak Options: Date Format (Day MMM DD, Day DD MMM, etc.)
    Single Tap: Cycles between Minimal & Full view

Weather Widget

Full View             Minimal
    ICON 60 (61 52)     ICON 60
    ICON Partly Cloudy    ICON 61

Tweak Options: Display Icon (y/n), 1st Line (Current Temp, Current Temp + High & Low), 2nd Line (Current Conditions, Forecasted Conditions, City Name, High & Low)
    Single Tap: Cycles between Minimal & Full view
    Then, the right end could either be left as is, or modified like this:

Code:
    Right End of Statusbar (Device-Related Stuff)

1st Line
    Icons (half-size)

G: GPS
    B: Bluetooth
    W: WIFI
    R: Phone Radio

Sprint: Carrier

Tweak Options: Display Icon (y/n) for each, Display Carrier (y/n)

2nd Line
    Hardware Status

32C: CPU temp
    100%: Battery

Tweak Options: CPU temp (white/color-coded text), Battery (icon/percent)
    I'd like to have as many options as possible. It's just a matter of putting together some kind template and filling it with info based on the settings in Tweaks. I'm not sure how I'll get it set up eventually, but you have some really good ideas. I never thought of adding Tweaks options for 'tap' and 'hold' on elements.

To make a patch like this, I'd have to basically rebuild the statusbar from scratch. lol. Sounds pretty fun... I just need to wait until I get over whatever illness this is. It just won't go away. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    This widget is one of the things I most look forward to installing (still living on 1.4.5; can't handle linux to upgrade my pre+, so I'm waiting for a pre3 on VZ).

Anyway, have you considered making the left dropdown menu a 5 day forecast (or hourly forecast, depending on preferences)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with the right side, but it'll involve fitting as much data as possible in there (as long as it doesn't look cluttered and messy).
    Good. That's where I was hoping you were going.

To make a patch like this, I'd have to basically rebuild the statusbar from scratch. lol. Sounds pretty fun
    Sound like a great challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I just need to wait until I get over whatever illness this is. It just won't go away. lol
    Hope you feel better soon. (If it is an infection, I hope you are on antibiotics!)
    Quote:
    I just need to wait until I get over whatever illness this is. It just won't go away. lol

It's call Preolitis.
    Get well soon
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

All versions of Statusbar Weather Widget are available at my website.

Statusbar Weather Widget - Choorp Studios

I just took it down from this thread since it's apparently buggy for some people... I'll post it here again once I get it fixed.
    Will the latest version be available via preware? If not where is the direct ipk.. I only see zips.. I'm mobile so ... :/

I'm still on 1.4

garrett, does this patch conflict with the battery percent with circle icon that you and warlord created? because i am just getting a black space on the left and nothing happens or updates. thats the only top bar patch i have
    Someone wanna try this? I couldn't test it at all, so not sure if it works. Put the images in /media/internal/.scrims/weather/

(This patch is for webOS 1.4.5 only)
    installed ok with no conflicts but didnt work. i have a clean status bar. installed with internalzpro. i have 1.4.5 pixi-
    still says carrier info on the top left.

edit: just installed the test patch from page 10 and it seems to be working just fine. the icons dont work. but whats the diff between this one and the one on page 10?
    Last edited by mc_gusto; 04/21/2011 at 12:58 AM.
    I installed the 1.5 version for webos2.1 but it doesn`t work for me.
    It only shows a black top left bar. On first reboot it is asking me for permission because of gps position and then nothing happens...

where can I change settings to use only fix city etc..
    there is everytime a black bar on the top left..

please help..
    @blackfireball5

Btw, thx for pointing me to the collaboration-patch (garrett, warlord, you)
    Its working w/o problems for me on Pre+ w/ webOS 2.1

@Garrett92C
    I love the battery being displayed this way and the fact it doesnt interfere with SWW.

T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tklr; 04/21/2011 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @blackfireball5

Btw, thx for pointing me to the collaboration-patch (garrett, warlord, you)
    Its working w/o problems for me on Pre+ w/ webOS 2.1

@Garrett92C
    I love the battery being displayed this way and the fact it doesnt interfere with SWW.

T.

how did you install on german device?? I have also webos 2.1 on german palm pre. But I get only black screen..Where do you change the setting to C .`??
    @y2kadir

Depending on which of the patches you are referring to.

SWW: I used these versions here and followed the instructions, installed w/ WOSQI

In order to easily change refresh-time and F/C Garrett implemented "Tweaks" compatibility. Tweaks itself can be downloaded via Preware. Just fire up Preware and search for "Tweaks". Heres the wiki.

Battery: I checked this thread, followed the instructions in the first post in order to transfer the icons (Im using Set 1), installed this patch w/ WOSQI, restarted....DONE!

T.
    Last edited by tklr; 04/21/2011 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @y2kadir

Depending on which of the patches you are referring to.

SWW: I used these versions here and followed the instructions, installed w/ WOSQI

In order to easily change refresh-time and F/C Garrett implemented "Tweaks" compatibility. Tweaks itself can be downloaded via Preware. Just fire up Preware and search for "Tweaks". Heres the wiki.

Battery: I checked this thread, followed the instructions in the first post in order to transfer the icons (Im using Set 1), installed this patch w/ WOSQI, restarted....DONE!

T.
    the weather widget was what Im searching for....THANX:..EveryThingIsFine!!
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    This widget is one of the things I most look forward to installing (still living on 1.4.5; can't handle linux to upgrade my pre+, so I'm waiting for a pre3 on VZ).

Anyway, have you considered making the left dropdown menu a 5 day forecast (or hourly forecast, depending on preferences)?
    I don't even know how to make a drop down menu in the statusbar yet... lol.
  18.    #418  
    Good. That's where I was hoping you were going.

Sound like a great challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hope you feel better soon. (If it is an infection, I hope you are on antibiotics!)
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Quote:

It's call Preolitis.
    Get well soon
    Not really sure what it is. Started out as a runny nose. Then sore throat. Then swollen tonsils. Then "clogged" ears. Then pain in right ear. Then "leaking" right ear. Now it's just clogged ears, "leaking" right ear, and overall feeling of blah.

The only medicine I'm on it ibuprofen. lol
  19.    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Will the latest version be available via preware? If not where is the direct ipk.. I only see zips.. I'm mobile so ... :/

I'm still on 1.4

Yea, the latest version (2.0) will be available via Preware once I figure out how to include all the images in the ipk.

2.0 has been finished since yesterday but I've been having problems with Ipk Packager. Once I get it figured out (I'm waiting from a reply from Jason), I'll post it here.
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    garrett, does this patch conflict with the battery percent with circle icon that you and warlord created? because i am just getting a black space on the left and nothing happens or updates. thats the only top bar patch i have
    Which version of webOS are you running?