Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    So, Garrett, I haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet, and I'm not sure if I am going to. For me, the reorganization of the topbar is too much.

I am interested where you are going with this. Are you planning giving users the ability to Tweak the weather display (like I suggested earlier for 1.5)? Are you planning other topbar widgets that will live beside SWW, and therefore you need all of that screen real estate? Are you planning on doing anything with the right side of the topbar? Stacking? Half-height icons? Half-height carrier string? Stacked date & time? Are you planning on integrating notifications into the topbar?

For now, I like 1.5, except for the black app menu tab overlaid on the grey topbar of CarbonOS.
    Yea, I'm planning on adding Tweaks stuff. As for the rest of that, I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm just taking my time... lol. This is just a hobby, and I make $0 from it. I'll make more widgets and patches if it entertains me. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, I'm planning on adding Tweaks stuff. As for the rest of that, I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm just taking my time... lol. This is just a hobby, and I make $0 from it. I'll make more widgets and patches if it entertains me. lol
    Yeah, I hear you. Tough when this is just a hobby. I am so thankful for you and others who do this without receiving anything tangible, other than our gratitude. For that reason, I am always somewhat hesitant to give any negative criticism. But I figure you will either continue to do what amuses you, or if you hear enough of the same kinds of things from myself and others, maybe we can help direct your efforts somewhat.

Keep up your experimenting. Your stuff is really great.
    @ Garrett I know you are busy with the 2.1 patch, but where can I find the old patch that works with 1.4.5. And sconixs advanced patches?
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/19/2011 at 05:53 PM.
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    @ Garrett I know you are busy with the 2.1 patch, but where can I find the old patch that works with 1.4.5. And sconixs advanced patches?
    It doesn't exist... lol

I'll make it tonight.
  5.    #385  
    Statusbar Weather Widget v2.0
    (test #3)

This is a test patch. Please let me know of any issues you find while using it.

Installation:
    - Extract IconPack2 and put images in /media/internal/.widgets/sww/
    - Extract SWW_v2.0_test3.zip and send the json file to:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    - Install the patch

Note: You will need to manually delete that json file before installing the final SWW 2.0 patch. Don't send it to your phone unless you know how to get rid of it (Internalz).

How to use:
    - Tapping the icon toggles between "Minimal" and "Full" views
    - Tap and hold the icon to launch your city's Yahoo Weather page in the Browser
    - Tap the 'Data Area' to update your weather info only
    - Tap and hold the 'Data Area' to update your GPS location and weather info

Note: "Tap and hold" means you need to keep your finger on the specified area for a second or two.

This patch does not work with sconix's Advanced Menu patches.

Available Tweaks:
    1. Units - Choose whether you want the data displayed in C or F
    2. Update Interval - Choose how often you'd like the widget to automatically refresh your weather data

After changing a setting in Tweaks, all you need to do is tap the 'Data Area' to update the widget. Your new settings will then take effect.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/19/2011 at 11:05 PM.
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Arggg... didn't have Tweaks installed after re-doctoring this morning. Had to create that Preferences folder for your json file. Patch installed just fine. I assume the icon pack files haven't changed from the last version?

When I hold the icon area I get Yahoo weather conditions for PA, not my local position.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Arggg... didn't have Tweaks installed after re-doctoring this morning. Had to create that Preferences folder for your json file. Patch installed just fine. I assume the icon pack files haven't changed from the last version?

When I hold the icon area I get Yahoo weather conditions for PA, not my local position.
    If you have Tweaks installed, that /preferences/ folder should already exist...

Oops. That bug is from the first test patch. Accidentally left it in again... I'll fix it and post a new patch.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I don't have any other patches that use Tweaks. Maybe that's why it wasn't there?

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I don't have any other patches that use Tweaks. Maybe that's why it wasn't there?
    Yea, that's possible. As long as the Tweaks options are working, you don't need to worry about anything.

Oh, and I updated the zip in the test3 post. Should fix the Browser issue.
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Got it. Works now! Yeah the tweaks show up in the Tweaks app. And toggles back and forth just fine between C and F.
    Last edited by mk3; 04/19/2011 at 11:27 PM.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Now that I get a bit better sense where you might be headed, let me through some more ideas at you. Feel free to do whatever you like with them.

It seems like you are wanting to make the left end of the statusbar a little more interactive, and the right end a little less so.

How about making the left end of the statusbar non-device-related, and the right end of the statusbar device-related.

Something like this:

Code:
    SAMPLE STATUSBAR

Tue Apr 19 ICON 60 (61 52)	   G B W R  Sprint
    10:30 am   ICON Partly Cloudy           41C  100%

The ICON is the SWW Icon.
    Here are some details related to the left end of the statusbar:

Code:
    Left End of Statusbar (Non-Device-Related Stuff)

Time & Date Widget

Full View     Minimal
    Tue Apr 19    Apr 19
    10:30 am      10:30

Tweak Options: Date Format (Day MMM DD, Day DD MMM, etc.)
    Single Tap: Cycles between Minimal & Full view

Weather Widget

Full View             Minimal
    ICON 60 (61 52)     ICON 60
    ICON Partly Cloudy    ICON 61

Tweak Options: Display Icon (y/n), 1st Line (Current Temp, Current Temp + High & Low), 2nd Line (Current Conditions, Forecasted Conditions, City Name, High & Low)
    Single Tap: Cycles between Minimal & Full view
    Then, the right end could either be left as is, or modified like this:

Code:
    Right End of Statusbar (Device-Related Stuff)

1st Line
    Icons (half-size)

G: GPS
    B: Bluetooth
    W: WIFI
    R: Phone Radio

Sprint: Carrier

Tweak Options: Display Icon (y/n) for each, Display Carrier (y/n)

2nd Line
    Hardware Status

32C: CPU temp
    100%: Battery

Tweak Options: CPU temp (white/color-coded text), Battery (icon/percent)
    BTW, I like that theme. Where did you get that one. I have one like it, but mine doesn't have a black topbar and black corners.
    It doesn't exist... lol

I'll make it tonight.
    i wish this was true
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    i wish this was true
    I'm gonna have to do it in the morning. I've been dealing with an ear ache for the past few hours...
    wait you werent kidding? i hope you arent. but totally thought you were. *crosses fingers*
    hope your ear feels better.
  16.    #396  
    Someone wanna try this? I couldn't test it at all, so not sure if it works. Put the images in /media/internal/.scrims/weather/

(This patch is for webOS 1.4.5 only)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/20/2011 at 02:12 AM.
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    wait you werent kidding? i hope you arent. but totally thought you were. *crosses fingers*
    hope your ear feels better.
    No, I wasn't kidding... My ear hurts like a *****. lol I threw that patch together real quick, but couldn't test it at all...
  18.    #398  
    @Ubuntite

I'll reply to your post in the morning... Need to try to get to sleep. I like your ideas, btw
    @Garrett92C

Thanks again! Installed the test3-version and got some hunk-errors as you can see in the screenie. Manually deleting the older version of the patch solved the issue and the test3-version got installed w/o problems.

The options show up in Tweaks and work properly for me. Confirming the expexted behaviour for tap or hold.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Cheers, T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @Garrett92C

Thanks again! Installed the test3-version and got some hunk-errors as you can see in the screenie. Manually deleting the older version of the patch solved the issue and the test3-version got installed w/o problems.

The options show up in Tweaks and work properly for me. Confirming the expexted behaviour for tap or hold.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Cheers, T.
    Thanks for the detailed report!

I hope I'm feeling better soon too... It's definitely an ear infection. (Dr. Google said so... haha)