Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I tried to create it as ".scrims" but it says "You must type a file name". (When I put the . in front) I also tried to just name it "scrims" and then set the properties to hidden, but that didn't work either.
    Make sure you have a weather folder within the .scrims folder.

I made that mistake.

(You need the images in the /.scrims/weather folder, not just in /.scrims/)
    Sprint Love
    Havent installed this yet but I'm definitely going to when I get home from work. This looks like the most useful top bar patch so far Garrett.
    It works perfectly fine for us germans with "Celsius".
    I just have to find the right equivalents for all those weather descriptions
    It's running on my 2.1.0 Pre 2, I've edited manually the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Can't install it:

7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

WebOS 2.1.0 only?

[Edit]OK OK, reading the first line on the first post helps a lot :-( #selffail [/Edit]
    I'm assuming you can't have any other patches for the top bar. (Try uninstalling any other top bar modifications.)
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    Why? Do the clouds and the sun look different on that side of the planet?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have to remove my Date as Carrier String patch....I'm going to miss that one I think....I hope I get over it

Now what would be cool (just came up with this one) is if you could have multiple top bar patches where you could sort of scroll through them like a rollodex type of deal.........
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Can't install it:

7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

WebOS 2.1.0 only?

[Edit]OK OK, reading the first line on the first post helps a lot :-( #selffail [/Edit]
    #selffail +1

Sooooo.......when will this be available for 2.1?????
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm not a super programmer or anything, but (for anyone who has looked at his patch) isn't there a way to use case instead of if/elseifs ?
    Yea, I had it set up that way the first time. Refused to work though, so had to go with that gigantic "if...else" block. lol
  10.    #30  
    High 5 brother!! That is pretty cool. I'm going to put this on right away

That was fairly simple, I haven't messed around with Notepad++ before, but it wasn't that hard. Just out of curiousity, what are those 2 lines (18 & 19) for?
    Those were accidentally left in. I was using those for testing. lol
  11.    #31  
    I enabled show hidden files on my control panel and don't see the ".scrims" folder in /media/internal.....How do I make that happen?
    You're going to have to make it. It's ready to use Internalz to do so.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Does it poll even if the phones data/WiFi is turned off?
    No, it needs a data connection to get the data.

It still polls every 30 minutes, so it would come back with an error. I'll add something to the patch that checks for a data connection first.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiaxhs View Post
    I think adding "&u=c" to line 17, eg :

"+var url = "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=12772646&u=c";"

Should work.

I'm trying this right now
    Yes, that will work. Sorry for forgetting to mention that. I was very tired when I made this thread and patch. lol
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    I'll see what I can do about adding more languages...
  15.    #35  
    #selffail +1

Sooooo.......when will this be available for 2.1?????
    I made this patch in 2.1, so out should be working. As it is right now, it's probably going to conflict with a lot of other top bar patches. I need to get it cleaned up a bit.
  16.    #36  
    I have to remove my Date as Carrier String patch....I'm going to miss that one I think....I hope I get over it

Now what would be cool (just came up with this one) is if you could have multiple top bar patches where you could sort of scroll through them like a rollodex type of deal.........
    That's my plan. This patch is only the first of many (hopefully). lol
  17.    #37  
    More important for me: Will this ever be available for 1.4.5? I'm not going to update to 2.1.0 on my main-Pre.
    I'm not sure yet. Gotta do a bit more work on the 2.0 version first...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, it needs a data connection to get the data.

It still polls every 30 minutes, so it would come back with an error. I'll add something to the patch that checks for a data connection first.
    Right, I just wouldn't want it like killing my battery even though data is off. It looks awesome though
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Great looking patch!

Unfortunately, it seems to conflict with your batt%/cpu temp patch!

Also, I was using Date as Carrier patch. It would be nice if you could combine date and time at the center of the top bar. (i.e. MMM-DD HH:MM).

Are you working on compatibility between not only your own patches, but Sconix's?

Keep up the good work.
  20.    #40  
    That would be great. Is it possible in 1.4.5? Or does your patch rely on some 2.x-only mumbojumbo?
    yep, it's possible.
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast