Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Love this patch, just trying to figure out how to get it to work

Upgraded my Sprint Pre- to 2.1 over the weekend. Haven't installed any other patches.

I'm getting a sun shiny day with a "?" in the SWW space for v2.0. Is this due to no GPS?
    I see pandas.
    could be. do you have it turned off?
    LOL, yeah, that was it. Sort of.

Now I'm getting 00 Updating... Checking GPS.
    I see pandas.
    keep it on and try a luna restart. usually takes a min to get your gps but it should be fine. however you are supposed to do a full reboot after installing. hope it works.
    Yes, I actually swapped batteries after installing SWW. But, did not do a luna restart after enabling Location Services.

Now, I am getting a cloud icon only, no Temp, etc.

Note: tested location services with Weather.com app, it found me without delay.
    I see pandas.
    are you using 1.5? are you using tweaks? if you are try changing the second line to something else and luna restart. if it works change it to what you want and luna restart again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I certainly understand. I just cant be part of the solution if its hosted as zip files as I rarely if ever connect the pre to the pc. So if its not a hosted ipk or on preware, I am on the sidelines.

Looks like you are making great progress though. Looking forward to trying out the latest and greatest.

- T
    You can use a terminal app (I use sdl terminal for webOS 2.x) to zip and unzip files. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2599781

The only time I connect my phone to my computer is if/when I need to doctor.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    *itchin!

BTW, for some odd reason I could not get 1.5 to install and did not have any Advanced patches installed, just CarbonOS theme. But now that I got this who cares!
    Last edited by mk3; 04/19/2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Garrett, I just wanted to point out, that v1.5 conflicts with your CarbonOS theme at the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $on$ $a$ $2$.$1$ $Pre$- $with$ $Advanced$ $Framework$.

Removing theme first and reapplying afterwards works, but the application string in the topbar gets messed up (see screenshot).

Also, seeing the 2.0 features: how can they live side by side with people having mode switcher settings in the top left corner? Will they conflict or do you already have something in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Garrett, can confirm that v1.5 wouldn't install on my Pre2 2.1 device with Advance Framework as well and CarbonOS theme as well. Based on THL's advice above, I removed theme and I was able to get it to install. Just thought I'd pass along that it's Pre2 as well.
    That's odd. SWW should work fine with CarbonOS... I'll look into it. There isn't a way to really fix the app menu tab. In 1.5, I had to hardcode the size and add a background color (black) so it would completely cover up the weather widget. Not quite sure what I'll do about that...

I'm not sure if the 2.0 features can co-exist with sconix's Mode Switcher menu... I need to decide where I'm going with this patch. If I keep it compatible with sconix's patches, I can't really add any more features beyond what's in 1.5.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    *itchin!

BTW, for some odd reason I could not get 1.5 to install and did not have any Advanced patches installed, just CarbonOS theme. But now that I got this who cares!
    Yea, I think there was an issue with using 1.5 w/o having sconix's Advanced Framework installed. I noticed it while building SWW 2.0. Doesn't really matter anymore since 1.5 is outdated. lol lol

So, you liking 2.0 so far? Any issues yet?
    No Co-Collaboration on the two? certainly seems like this is or could be part of an advanced menu patch. just saying. maybe it doesnt matter there is just no way. i am really only using the advanced patches for the right side of the status bar for the menu there and the power menu as well. shame something can coexist that controls the left side.
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Only thing I noticed: since the clock moved to the far right any icons that are added to the top (center) shift over to the left and disappear "underneath" the weather conditions area. Not really a big deal though. I guess they have to go somewhere right?

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's odd. SWW should work fine with CarbonOS... I'll look into it. There isn't a way to really fix the app menu tab.
    You could make the topbar in CarbonOS black!
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Okay so thinking about these patches and two layers like the temperature/battery patch... how about a patch that layers the RSSI and WiFi signal meters? I remember there was some discussions on the forums a while back. Maybe it's possible now? It will definitely save real estate on the top bar.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Yes, I actually swapped batteries after installing SWW. But, did not do a luna restart after enabling Location Services.

Now, I am getting a cloud icon only, no Temp, etc.

Note: tested location services with Weather.com app, it found me without delay.
    That's really odd.... I'll look around in the code to try and figure out what's going on.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Only thing I noticed: since the clock moved to the far right any icons that are added to the top (center) shift over to the left and disappear "underneath" the weather conditions area. Not really a big deal though. I guess they have to go somewhere right?
    Yea, that's something that I'm still trying to figure out how to handle. There's just not much room in the statusbar to work with. lol

I'll play around with it though. I have a couple ideas that I want to test.
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    You could make the topbar in CarbonOS black!
    Haha. I dunno about that yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's odd. SWW should work fine with CarbonOS... I'll look into it. There isn't a way to really fix the app menu tab. In 1.5, I had to hardcode the size and add a background color (black) so it would completely cover up the weather widget. Not quite sure what I'll do about that...(
    Would it be possible to have SWW always on top? Or better said, remove the visibility of the application button? I wouldn't mind losing the app's name as long as its menu could be accessed. Or is at an entirely different matter compared to removing the carrier string?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Would it be possible to have SWW always on top? Or better said, remove the visibility of the application button? I wouldn't mind losing the app's name as long as its menu could be accessed. Or is at an entirely different matter compared to removing the carrier string?
    Yea, that's possible. It should be easy to add, too.
    So, Garrett, I haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet, and I'm not sure if I am going to. For me, the reorganization of the topbar is too much.

I am interested where you are going with this. Are you planning giving users the ability to Tweak the weather display (like I suggested earlier for 1.5)? Are you planning other topbar widgets that will live beside SWW, and therefore you need all of that screen real estate? Are you planning on doing anything with the right side of the topbar? Stacking? Half-height icons? Half-height carrier string? Stacked date & time? Are you planning on integrating notifications into the topbar?

For now, I like 1.5, except for the black app menu tab overlaid on the grey topbar of CarbonOS.