Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    v1.5 works very good in my pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anyone, (Garrett92C / GFS ) is this for 2.X only or will this work in 1.4.5 with Sconixs Advanced patches???

I know it nows says 2.X only in the OP but I also saw a cople post that said it was working on 1.4.5, before the update. Just wondering if it still worked on 1.4.5 since the 1.5 update.

I believe member GFS said it was working fine in 1.4.5 on the 11th.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/18/2011 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolabc View Post
    v1.5 works very good in my pre
    I like that theme
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

thanks for making it work with sconix patches
    now this is a must have patch for WebOS imo.
    Great Work!
    Does the 1.5 need to be in a zip? Could the site just host the ipk? (ala 1.4 etc.)
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    That's what I was wondering and with that actually submit it to preware so when there are updates it will be easier.
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Anyone, (Garrett92C / GFS ) is this for 2.X only or will this work in 1.4.5 with Sconixs Advanced patches???

I know it nows says 2.X only in the OP but I also saw a cople post that said it was working on 1.4.5, before the update. Just wondering if it still worked on 1.4.5 since the 1.5 update.

I believe member GFS said it was working fine in 1.4.5 on the 11th.
    SWW is a webOS 2.x patch. However, there is a 1.4.5 version floating around in this thread somewhere... It's a bit outdated though (equivalent to SWW 1.1 I think) and not compatible with sconix's patches. I'll try to get a newer patch out for 1.4.5.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Does the 1.5 need to be in a zip? Could the site just host the ipk? (ala 1.4 etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    That's what I was wondering and with that actually submit it to preware so when there are updates it will be easier.
    I used to host ipks on my site. For some reason, Preware would always fail to download them when you click on the link. Since most people have Preware set as the default handler for ipk files, it got to be a big problem. I suppose I could add a separate ipk link for each version though...

I do agree that it would be easier if SWW was in Preware. I'm just not sure about doing that because some people are having issues with this patch and Tweaks. I really need to get those issues sorted out first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I dunno. I have no idea what mamouton's favorite color is...
    purple !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I actually put this on my phone with dropboxify and installed it with preware. Works perfect with tweaks.
  11.    #351  
    Hopefully I'll have an update ready sometime tonight. Gotta add some 'mojo-tap' stuff.
    Any chance you could add a couple of features?

1. In Tweaks, add a new item called "1st Line"
    2. Change "Status" item to "2nd Line"
    3. Allow the user to select what to show on the 1st Line, such as:
    - Current Temperature, i.e. 9C
    - Current Temperature + High & Low, i.e. 9C (11 3)
    4. Change current 2nd Line option from "Conditions" to "Current Conditions"
    5. Add new 2nd Line option "Forecasted Conditions". This is the conditions listed in the 5-day forecast under "Today".

As you might guess I would like to show the current conditions (icon), current temp., the high and low, and the forecast for the remainder of the day:

9C (11 3)
    Few Showers
  13.    #353  
    Statusbar Weather Widget v2.0 (test)

This is a test patch. Please let me know of any issues you find while using it.

Installation:
    - Extract IconPack2 and put images in /media/internal/.widgets/sww/
    - Install patch

How to use:
    - Tapping the icon toggles between "Minimal" and "Full" views
    - Tap and hold the icon to launch your city's Yahoo Weather page in the Browser
    - Tap the 'Data Area' to refresh the widget
    - Tap and hold the 'Data Area' to switch between F and C

Note: "Tap and hold" means you need to keep your finger on the specified area for a second or two.

Screenshots:
    [IMG] [IMG]

For now, I'm not worrying about compatibility with other patches. I haven't tested it, but I doubt this works with sconix's Advanced Menus. Also, there is no Tweaks support yet.

Edit:
    Uploaded test patch #2. Fixed the WOEID being sent to the Yahoo weather website.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/20/2011 at 03:14 PM.
    nice
    2.0 out..
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    1.5 is working beautifully! Love seeing the development of an app to a working version like this. Thanks Garrett!
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    1.5 is working beautifully! Love seeing the development of an app to a working version like this. Thanks Garrett!
    You should try out the 2.0 test patch and let me know how it works... (Unless you absolutely NEED sconix's Advanced Menus patches. lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I used to host ipks on my site. For some reason, Preware would always fail to download them when you click on the link. (
    I certainly understand. I just cant be part of the solution if its hosted as zip files as I rarely if ever connect the pre to the pc. So if its not a hosted ipk or on preware, I am on the sidelines.

Looks like you are making great progress though. Looking forward to trying out the latest and greatest.

- T
    2.0 looks awesome, i love watching the evolution of this. 1.5 works great with the advanced patches so im sticking with that for now but will be watching close. Thanks for all your work
    Garrett, I just wanted to point out, that v1.5 conflicts with your CarbonOS theme at the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $on$ $a$ $2$.$1$ $Pre$- $with$ $Advanced$ $Framework$.

Removing theme first and reapplying afterwards works, but the application string in the topbar gets messed up (see screenshot).

Also, seeing the 2.0 features: how can they live side by side with people having mode switcher settings in the top left corner? Will they conflict or do you already have something in mind?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Garrett, I just wanted to point out, that v1.5 conflicts with your CarbonOS theme at the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $on$ $a$ $2$.$1$ $Pre$- $with$ $Advanced$ $Framework$.

Removing theme first and reapplying afterwards works, but the application string in the topbar gets messed up (see screenshot).

Also, seeing the 2.0 features: how can they live side by side with people having mode switcher settings in the top left corner? Will they conflict or do you already have something in mind?
    Garrett, can confirm that v1.5 wouldn't install on my Pre2 2.1 device with Advance Framework as well and CarbonOS theme as well. Based on THL's advice above, I removed theme and I was able to get it to install. Just thought I'd pass along that it's Pre2 as well.